HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Confirmed: Belak extended

Old
05-01-2010, 01:57 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
one last time... 575K is LEAGUE MINIMUM. So if we were going to fill that spot with a live human being, it was going to cost 575K. the only other option was to not sign anyone to that spot.

Therefore, once the decision was made to fill that spot, Belak was as good a choice as anyone else available. You really cant convince me that there is a compeliing reason to sign some other smoe to that spot when the person occupying that spot will likely scratch 40-50 games or more.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
one last time... 575K is LEAGUE MINIMUM. So if we were going to fill that spot with a live human being, it was going to cost 575K. the only other option was to not sign anyone to that spot.

Therefore, once the decision was made to fill that spot, Belak was as good a choice as anyone else available. You really cant convince me that there is a compeliing reason to sign some other smoe to that spot when the person occupying that spot will likely scratch 40-50 games or more.
Thank you

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 04:00 PM
glenngineer

Quote:

Were you trying to say schmoe cause it hurts my ears when you say it. Name the movie. I'll give you a hint, I replaced the real word with schmoe.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 06:21 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Personally I would have not filled the spot. We don't have to have a 23 man roster.

If we need to call someone up for injures or whatever, there are plenty of people in Milwaukee that can play 4 minutes a game as good as Belak. Plus it gives them an opportunity to get their feet wet.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 11:34 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Were you trying to say schmoe cause it hurts my ears when you say it. Name the movie. I'll give you a hint, I replaced the real word with schmoe.
nope. smoe is an OLD reference... way back to my espn board days... pattypred would likely be the only one who remembers the term... or Innovious, if he was still posting..

and dulzhok, I agree with you, I'd have left it empty and saved the cash.... but its obvious mgmt disagreed, unless that is actually the 22nd spot not the 23rd...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 11:42 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I think that his fighting ability is actually the #2 reason why we kept him. The #1 reason why we kept him IMO is that he can sit 15 games in a row without hurting his development or skill. Guys like ORLY or Santorelli can't sit that long. Belak can come back after a dozen games and do his thing without missing a "beat" (not much beat there, but he still isn't hindered)

There also isn't proof that this is the 23rd roster spot...

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote