HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

AK46 scratched?

Old
05-01-2010, 08:24 PM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
they should scratch him.
in the regular season i'd agree with you. In the playoffs where we technically just lost a forward (MAB) because he's being switched to defense, we need to dress an extra player, not scratch one. I'd give the brothers a last chance, not because they deserve it, but because we don't really have a choice.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
in the regular season i'd agree with you. In the playoffs where we technically just lost a forward (MAB) because he's being switched to defense, we need to dress an extra player, not scratch one. I'd give the brothers a last chance, not because they deserve it, but because we don't really have a choice.
I agree with this,not because they deserve it but more because we don't have a choice and they could still help us out.However the moment the season is done both should be moved,I don't think Andrei is ever going to become that star player and Sergei well let's face it with this coaching staff it's not going to happen here

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 09:29 PM
couris

AK
SK
Latendresse
D'Agostini
Higgons
Pacioretty???????
Pouliotte?

Damn we should be banned from developping.

Last edited by couris: 05-01-2010 at 09:38 PM.
couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 09:32 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I underasstand that we need his talents, but Pittsburgh scored 2 goals because of his laziness

I don't want to single him out, other Habs have to step their game up, but his laziness penalty and his lazy dump hurt us.

Game 1 could have been closer, and we would have had a chance to steal it

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
AK
SK
Latendresse
D'Agostini
Higgons
Pacioretty???????
Pouliotte?

Damn we should be banned from drafting.
We didn't draft pouliot , paciretty can still be very good , higgins did fine for us and helped us get gomez , dago played fine had 1 sophomore slump got traded for palushaj (can't judge him yet he is playing well so far) , latendresse turned out fine.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 09:36 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
AK
SK
Latendresse
D'Agostini
Higgons
Pacioretty???????
Pouliotte?

Damn we should be banned from drafting.
Patches is in the minors to develop, he is young. And we never drafted Pouliot, we traded Lats for him.

D'Ago, that was a late pick that luckily made it to the NHL. He will be a AHLer for life.

Sergei is still young, just needs direction and it will most likely happen elsewhere.

Lats, wasn't working here. The trade worked for both teams.

Geez, people act as though teams don't trade players they draft...it happens to all team, every year. For some reason all players drafted in Montreal need to be stars no matter where they were picked and should never be traded, if so it equals failure on the scouting, coaches and management.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 09:52 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Lats, wasn't working here. The trade worked for both teams.
That's it. He wasn't working here. I liked Latendresse too. But despite his success this season, I don't regret the trade. He got a huge boost right after being traded. I think that had more to do with the new setting than his development taking a huge surge after a few weeks. Sometimes guys need a change to get it going. There are bad trades. But I think Latendresse just needed some new scenery.

I was all for the idea of scratching Andrei....not that it is the best decision (and I don't even think it is an option) but sometimes he just frustrates me. But I don't think it's an option. Though I would possibly consider putting Moore on that line and bringing Darche in. Call me nuts.

Anyways. Someone here suggested putting Cammy with Gomez and Gio and bringing in SK to play with Pleks and Ak. Might work.

Anyways....we will see what happens tomorrow.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 09:59 PM
couris

The point is...no one is working here.

Old
05-01-2010, 10:01 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kool Aid View Post
Absolutely like your trade proposal........2 Kostitsyns and Trevor Timmons for Parise.

Yeah, I'd take it in a heart beat.

There is only one problem......last I heard Lou Lamarello is still Devils GM and I am not aware that Devils are going to replace him any time soon with either Mike Milberry or Bob Gainey.

Oh I forgot were trading Hamrlik for Lamarello.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 10:04 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
AK
SK
Latendresse
D'Agostini
Higgons
Pacioretty???????
Pouliotte?

Damn we should be banned from developping.
You forgot Valentenko and Perezhogin going back to Russia. I think Perez would of developed better than A Kost.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Oh I forgot were trading Hamrlik for Lamarello.
Hey Man,

You've got some of the very best ideas I have read on this board in a loooooooong time....maybe ever!

Cheers!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 11:05 PM
andy28

Quote:
The point is...no one is working here.
The other point is, right now we can't do anything about it. So we gotta figure out how to get the best with what we have.

Also, I disagree. Some guys are working here.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 12:04 AM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

Without checking, I think A.Kost has a better scoring record against the Pens than any other Montreal player. Wouldn't mind if he got scratched .

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 02:28 AM
Habs13

I'm still frustrated that AK, after a late hit by Cooke on Markov that caused Markov's injury, he applied the breaks before hitting Letang, when he could have rung Letang's *** bell! Not that I dislike Kris Letang but in the playoffs... you hit to hurt and you hit harder than the other team. Or else, GTFO.

The Kovalev comparisent is pretty acurate ; talented but dosen't give a flying **** about his team or team mates.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 03:53 AM
HockeyF3ind

I'd go with this before benchin him

A Kost - Gomez - Gionta
Cammy - Plecks - Pouliot
Moen - Moore - S Kost
Darche - Metro - Pyatt

Hamrlik - Subban
Gill - Gorges
Bergeron - O'bryne

Halak
Price

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 07:54 AM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
I'm still frustrated that AK, after a late hit by Cooke on Markov that caused Markov's injury, he applied the breaks before hitting Letang, when he could have rung Letang's *** bell! Not that I dislike Kris Letang but in the playoffs... you hit to hurt and you hit harder than the other team. Or else, GTFO.

The Kovalev comparisent is pretty acurate ; talented but dosen't give a flying **** about his team or team mates.
Only difference is...........Kovalev has about 100x more talent - which is why he has stayed in the league as long as he has!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK46Awesome View Post
We didn't draft pouliot , paciretty can still be very good , higgins did fine for us and helped us get gomez , dago played fine had 1 sophomore slump got traded for palushaj (can't judge him yet he is playing well so far) , latendresse turned out fine.
Although he has not hit his prime (whatever that is) at least in terms of talent level,
Paciretty looks like he has 3rd line talent at best (struggling to score at the AHL level), Higgins had a couple good seasons but looks like he's 3rd line doomed - no matter what team he's on, D'iagostini looks like another 3rd line talent - not to mention the "home runs" Timmons claims he hit with drafting Ryan White and Ben Maxwell..............again, struggling to score at the AHL level.

It all goes back to talent evaluation and drafting -with rare exception, Habs scout very poorly.

Heck, even Houle proved that if you draft enough players you will hit an occasional home run through nothing more than blind luck (see Markov, Riberio and Ryder).

Old
05-02-2010, 08:12 AM
couris

Quote:
Although he has not hit his prime (whatever that is) at least in terms of talent level,
Paciretty looks like he has 3rd line talent at best (struggling to score at the AHL level), Higgins had a couple good seasons but looks like he's 3rd line doomed - no matter what team he's on, D'iagostini looks like another 3rd line talent - not to mention the "home runs" Timmons claims he hit with drafting Ryan White and Ben Maxwell..............again, struggling to score at the AHL level.

It all goes back to talent evaluation and drafting -with rare exception, Habs scout very poorly.

Heck, even Houle proved that if you draft enough players you will hit an occasional home run through nothing more than blind luck (see Markov, Riberio and Ryder).

I agree with this opinion

Old
05-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind View Post
I'd go with this before benchin him

A Kost - Gomez - Gionta
Cammy - Plecks - Pouliot
Moen - Moore - S Kost
Darche - Metro - Pyatt

Hamrlik - Subban
Gill - Gorges
Bergeron - O'bryne

Halak
Price
I like it. I think A. Kost will have a fire lit under his ass playing with those 2. You forgot Lappiere. Put him on the 3rd, and put S kost to the 4th and sit darche. Oh yeah I would start Price too. Close

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 09:29 AM
Avim86

Quote:

We've had more then a few good pickups....

Sergei kostitsyn was taken in the last round...that's a steal.
Jaroslav Halak also taken in the last round...
P.k Subban in the second round?
Danny Kristo in the second round?
Mac Bennett in the third round?
Ryan O'byrne in the third round?
Max Lapierre in the second round?

Best percentage in the nhl of players drafted actually attaining the nhl level...

Oh yeah we suck at drafting...negative people much.

Not to mention only 3 opportunities to draft top 10 picks in the last 20 years.

Old
05-02-2010, 09:57 AM
JayBee*

Quote:

Best percentage in the nhl of players drafted actually attaining the nhl level...
This means nothing to me when all of these players either are or were nothing better than 3rd liners when with the Habs.

All they do is develop 3rd/4th line players. Scouting and the development philosophy needs a complete overhaul.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
This means nothing to me when all of these players either are or were nothing better than 3rd liners when with the Habs.

All they do is develop 3rd/4th line players. Scouting and the development philosophy needs a complete overhaul.
Your talking as if it's an exact science to predict talent...
You do know we haven't had many "high picks"...
and don't spoon feed me that bs , there's definitely a correlation with drafting position and actual attaining potential/skill set.

Old
05-02-2010, 11:09 AM
FF de Mars

Gionta-Gomez-Lapierre
Cammy-Pleks-Pouliot
Kost-Moore-Kost
Pyatt-Metro-Moen

Last edited by FF de Mars: 05-02-2010 at 11:14 AM.
FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 02:15 PM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
We've had more then a few good pickups....

Sergei kostitsyn was taken in the last round...that's a steal.
Jaroslav Halak also taken in the last round...
P.k Subban in the second round?
Danny Kristo in the second round?
Mac Bennett in the third round?
Ryan O'byrne in the third round?
Max Lapierre in the second round?

Oh yeah we suck at drafting...negative people much.

Not to mention only 3 opportunities to draft top 10 picks in the last 20 years.

So..........what do the Habs have to show for their 3 top 10 draft picks in the last 20 years? Actually, make that 4 picks in the top 10 since 1990!

Well I'll tell you:
Terry Ryan -drafted by Serge Savard - played a grand total of 8 NHL games - and bypassed Jerome Iginla
Mike Komoserik - Habs thought so highly of him they let him walk as a UFA!
Andre Kostitsyn - passing up so much talent I'd like to puke!
Carey Price - potential but has shown little progress in his game over the last 2 years!

As I said in my post - even Reggie Houle drafted some talent - through what appears to be nothing more than BLIND LUCK!

Like yourself, many posters have pointed out that Timmons has a lot of Habs drafted players playing in the NHL........wonderful!

Only problem is.........teams don't (truely) contend for the Stanley Cup with a lineup comprised of 3rd & 4th line talent and 5th & 6th defensemen!

Sergei Kostitsyn: was a steal - but he's in the Press Box
Laps: (although useful) is a 3rd line palyer
Ryan O'byrne: A 5th or 6th D man
Kristo: has yet to play a pro game
Bennette: has yet to play a pro game

Halak looks good
Subban looks good.........as I said, you draft enough, you have to get an occasional good player!

Arguably, over a shorter time frame, (5 years vs 7 years) Houle (considered to be one of the worst GMs in the Habs modern history) actually drafted better (Brett Clark, Garon, Riberio, Markov, Beauchemin, Ryder, Hainsey) than Timmons!