shleeban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 07:12 AM
BigT2002

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by shleeban View Post
if you pay for me ill go im having a kid in a couple weeks cant afford it
Pfft. Kids come and go. The Wild playing in Finland, thats like once in a lifetime. If anything, your wife SHOULD let you go for a week to a foreign country where the women are absolutely fantastic to look at and probably like hockey more than she does

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 08:10 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shleeban View Post
if you pay for me ill go im having a kid in a couple weeks cant afford it
Ours is coming in the beginning of June.

But that's what Grandparents are around for, right? We figure it'll be a nice break for us to get away from that little guy/girl.

this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 10:18 AM
BigT2002

Grandparents FTW! Or be like me and believe that other people's children are the best birth control

Old
05-02-2010, 07:00 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Flying over to Finland just to watch the Wild give up shorthanded goals seems a little much, no?

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 08:35 PM
shleeban

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Ours is coming in the beginning of June.

But that's what Grandparents are around for, right? We figure it'll be a nice break for us to get away from that little guy/girl.
im having a boy, so itd be a great way to get him into hockey if he could come.... start him young like sheppard

shleeban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 11:05 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
Grandparents FTW! Or be like me and believe that other people's children are the best birth control
Can I get an Amen?

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 12:38 AM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Can I get an Amen?
AMEN!

Old
05-03-2010, 02:03 PM
se7en
infamous...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
http://wild.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=61934

I'm seriously debating about going, but I'm not going alone

I'm actually pretty sure I'm going to try & go as well. Let me know if you are serious about going tho because most likely I would be going by myself. I don't know of anyone that would put in the time, money or effort. The only person that's a possibilty to go with me is my mom. haha (ya seriously..)

FYI - I say my mom because she's a flight attendant & I get to Fly for an extreme discount. If you go I'd for sure be able to go to the game with you & hang out while we were in Finland but as for flying over there & back, unless you want to fly on Northwest / Delta & KLM I'd have to meet you over there because I'm limited to those airlines for my flying benefits. If that's the way you'd go to, I'd just meet you in Minnesota & we could coordinate the flights... I'm always up for meeting new people & going to new places! So again if your serious, let me know & i'll start looking into more info on it. I would know by this Sunday some pretty solid info on it...(I'm flying to Minny to see a Twins game at the new park this weekend & I'll see my mom on Mothers day to ask her)

Actually, on that note, I wonder if I emailed the Wild & said that we were Flying over, if there's any special events that the team will be doing that we could go to for making the effort to see them in Finland!? When I say that I mean if you go on your own & don't book thru their special package thing. (that would cost me more money to do it that way) That would actually be pretty cool if you got to go to like a team dinner or something.. I don't know if they do anything like that or not tho if you don't pay to do their provided package...?

Last edited by se7en: 05-03-2010 at 02:09 PM. Reason: forgot something
se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 02:50 PM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
I'm actually pretty sure I'm going to try & go as well. Let me know if you are serious about going tho because most likely I would be going by myself. I don't know of anyone that would put in the time, money or effort. The only person that's a possibilty to go with me is my mom. haha (ya seriously..)

FYI - I say my mom because she's a flight attendant & I get to Fly for an extreme discount. If you go I'd for sure be able to go to the game with you & hang out while we were in Finland but as for flying over there & back, unless you want to fly on Northwest / Delta & KLM I'd have to meet you over there because I'm limited to those airlines for my flying benefits. If that's the way you'd go to, I'd just meet you in Minnesota & we could coordinate the flights... I'm always up for meeting new people & going to new places! So again if your serious, let me know & i'll start looking into more info on it. I would know by this Sunday some pretty solid info on it...(I'm flying to Minny to see a Twins game at the new park this weekend & I'll see my mom on Mothers day to ask her)

Actually, on that note, I wonder if I emailed the Wild & said that we were Flying over, if there's any special events that the team will be doing that we could go to for making the effort to see them in Finland!? When I say that I mean if you go on your own & don't book thru their special package thing. (that would cost me more money to do it that way) That would actually be pretty cool if you got to go to like a team dinner or something.. I don't know if they do anything like that or not tho if you don't pay to do their provided package...?
I'll email them since I'm still technically a STH and see what they say about the whole thing. I'm game for Northwest as well, but try to get me a hookup for business class. I ****ing despise sitting in economy on those long as flights over the ****ing pond. And yes, I'm serious about going.

Old
05-03-2010, 03:08 PM
se7en
infamous...

Quote:
I'll email them since I'm still technically a STH and see what they say about the whole thing. I'm game for Northwest as well, but try to get me a hookup for business class. I ****ing despise sitting in economy on those long as flights over the ****ing pond. And yes, I'm serious about going.

Good deal! My mom gets back in town on Thursday so I'll mention it then and I'll actually look into some flight info on Sunday with her.

As for Business class, I can't promise but I should be able to get it for us for at least the long leg of trip (Minny to Amsterdam & back) but I don't know about Amsterdam to Finland & back (but that is only like a 2 or 3 hour flight anyways)

It comes down to if my mom can actually work the flight, if so, we'll be spoiled rotten & for sure get business class! haha There's still a pretty good chance we'll get it but we'd fly stand-by. Don't let that scare you tho, my mom has really high senority and we'd almost certainly be listed number 1. It basically comes down to if Business class is sold out or not & most of the time it isn't. If it is we'd get coach but usually an exit row at least. I can say that it almost always works out really well, she gets me business class 99% of the time on International Flights..

Just as an FYI, I recently went to Amsterdam with a friend and with my moms discount he got Business Class round trip to Amsterdam & back (from Minny) for $426total. So really not bad at all.. I won't be able to get you a free seat with me but I think we can get you a pretty hefty discount (usually you pay 30% of the airfare plus tax) I'm just not sure about the Amsterdam to Finland flight tho. That's a trip I haven't done before but I'll have more info for us by the end of this week!

Old
05-03-2010, 03:19 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Good deal! My mom gets back in town on Thursday so I'll mention it then and I'll actually look into some flight info on Sunday with her.

As for Business class, I can't promise but I should be able to get it for us for at least the long leg of trip (Minny to Amsterdam & back) but I don't know about Amsterdam to Finland & back (but that is only like a 2 or 3 hour flight anyways)

It comes down to if my mom can actually work the flight, if so, we'll be spoiled rotten & for sure get business class! haha There's still a pretty good chance we'll get it but we'd fly stand-by. Don't let that scare you tho, my mom has really high senority and we'd almost certainly be listed number 1. It basically comes down to if Business class is sold out or not & most of the time it isn't. If it is we'd get coach but usually an exit row at least. I can say that it almost always works out really well, she gets me business class 99% of the time on International Flights..

Just as an FYI, I recently went to Amsterdam with a friend and with my moms discount he got Business Class round trip to Amsterdam & back (from Minny) for $426total. So really not bad at all.. I won't be able to get you a free seat with me but I think we can get you a pretty hefty discount (usually you pay 30% of the airfare plus tax) I'm just not sure about the Amsterdam to Finland flight tho. That's a trip I haven't done before but I'll have more info for us by the end of this week!
You lucky *******.

Old
05-03-2010, 03:44 PM
se7en
infamous...

Quote:
You lucky *******.
I know.. I definitly appreciate it everyday & I do my best to take full advantage of being able to fly for free & hook friends up but now I always run out vacation days by like June! So it's the most frusterating thing to be able to fly but not being able to get off work!! So I've been trying to do more quick weekend trips to save a few more vaction days for bigger trips later.. But I hear that alot, I can't thank my mom enough for having the job she does!

Old
05-03-2010, 04:53 PM
edgevolution
GO USA!

I didn't know about this. It sure would be cool but there's no way i could haha. i wonder who the finnish will be cheering for? i'd take my guess on minny though

edgevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 05:17 PM
se7en
infamous...

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemanh View Post
I didn't know about this. It sure would be cool but there's no way i could haha. i wonder who the finnish will be cheering for? i'd take my guess on minny though

Maybe, but don't forget that the Hurricanes (as of now) have Tuomo Ruutu, Joni Pitkninen & Jussi Jokinen all from Finland as well so it might be a toss up for who people are rooting for!

Hopefully Koivu has the most fans out of all of them tho! haha

Old
05-03-2010, 05:22 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemanh View Post
My guess would be the Finnish players with the teams taking a backseat.

Old
05-03-2010, 07:28 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

My mother used to work for Northwest but no longer does due to the Delta merger.

However, as part of her severance, she still receives the flight benefits and will have them for life. She also has it written in there so that her immediate family (i.e. my little bro and I) still receive the benefits as well. Needless to say, the gal and I take a quite a few trips given that we really only need to pay for her discounted ticket price and vacation expenses.

this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 08:14 AM
jbk ltd
twitter @jbk_ltd

Quote:
Maybe, but don't forget that the Hurricanes (as of now) have Tuomo Ruutu, Joni Pitkninen & Jussi Jokinen all from Finland as well so it might be a toss up for who people are rooting for!

Hopefully Koivu has the most fans out of all of them tho! haha
Canes fan here. When it was announced that the Canes would start the season in Europe, this was the matchup and venue we were all hoping for! It is going to be so awesome to see our Finnish contingents competing in front of their home country.

All three of our Finns you mention are under contract through next season and are core players and fan favorites, so we expect them in the lineup (fingers crossed that Tuomo Ruutu is back by then after having shoulder surgery). We also recently acquired Oskar Osala via AHL trade, he played in one NHL game and may make the squad next year as well. He's on the IIHF WC roster for Finland along with Jussi Jokinen.

We have a rather large group headed across the pond in October for these games. Do you all have a sense of how many Wild fans have signed up to go, either through the trip package or direct ticket purchases?

jbk ltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 10:17 AM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamie View Post
Canes fan here. When it was announced that the Canes would start the season in Europe, this was the matchup and venue we were all hoping for! It is going to be so awesome to see our Finnish contingents competing in front of their home country.

All three of our Finns you mention are under contract through next season and are core players and fan favorites, so we expect them in the lineup (fingers crossed that Tuomo Ruutu is back by then after having shoulder surgery). We also recently acquired Oskar Osala via AHL trade, he played in one NHL game and may make the squad next year as well. He's on the IIHF WC roster for Finland along with Jussi Jokinen.

We have a rather large group headed across the pond in October for these games. Do you all have a sense of how many Wild fans have signed up to go, either through the trip package or direct ticket purchases?
There are a crapload going from what I have heard. Soon as I get it a little more firm dates with my future employer, I will be putting my money down on the tickets