HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PK goes 0 for 4; Habs lose 6-3

Old
05-01-2010, 08:24 PM
eightyseven

vCash: 500
If management prefers Jaro Halak in the long-term, they better make sure he's put on a training regimen in the summer. The guy needs more physical strength, it's obvious!!

(I still hope they don't trade Price though because I think it will be a mistake...)

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
Of course he does, I suggested in a different thread that he needs to improve stamina (in the off season) and such for fatigue issues and I was told that halak isnt fatigued, so I gave up on that angle. Its only going to get worse the penguins are better at moving the puck around the zone and making the goalie move.
I'm not quite sure the impact of a summer training will be big enough to still be felt 8months later.
I think it has to do with experience. The way he prepares himself before the games, his nutrition, his sleeping.

If you work out your cardio like crazy in the summer, but have a poor start while Price has a good one and you end up playing 4-5games during that whole month, that training will have already lost its affect.

He needs to go through it, and try to adapt. Not every goalie is capable either. Gerber started for 4 games and replaced Ward twice. Cam benefited from some days off. It didn't prevent him from winning the Conn Smythe.

This is not something a few months of harder cardio work will do.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 10:21 AM
BLONG7

Halak just seems too slight...not sure he can handle 55-60 games per season...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Teufelsdreck

I'm still stewing over the 4 PP goals and the 5 goals allowed on 20 shots. The Penguins had a simple but effective game plan, and it worked: Post forwards near the crease to block Halak's field of vision and fire away, I wonder what the coaches come up with to prevent a recurrence.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote