HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Drury to Washington Caps

Old
05-02-2010, 01:05 AM
gotmonte

vCash: 500
And as for Drury never being traded away, JUST THINK GOMEZ. No one thought HE would be traded and He has a Limited NMC in HIS contract, but Sather himself pulled it off.

Some people even though they have it, if they dont feel comfortable living in the area or hate coming to the rink every day, may envoke their right, or not envoke it. Here's to hoping the "captain softie" dont not envoke it

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 11:57 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
And as for Drury never being traded away, JUST THINK GOMEZ. No one thought HE would be traded and He has a Limited NMC in HIS contract, but Sather himself pulled it off.

Some people even though they have it, if they dont feel comfortable living in the area or hate coming to the rink every day, may envoke their right, or not envoke it. Here's to hoping the "captain softie" dont not envoke it
I would be for moving Drury if he will accept a move and I would be happy with a similar return for Gomez. Removing the contract is worth it.

Then be smart with the freaking money

but I don't think Drury is going anywhere. Its 2 years and he can help in many ways. Redden is another story of course

Last edited by Vitto79: 05-02-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 12:21 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

There's a big difference between and limited NTC and a full NMC. Sather didn't need Gomez's OK to trade him.

05-02-2010, 12:31 PM
OverTheCap

One of the things that always gets neglected in the "trade Drury" discussions is that a major reason he signed here is to be closer to his family. It's entirely possible that he'd rather stay in NY near his family then having a chance to play on a better team elsewhere.

The Drury family had another baby this year so I don't really think they intend to move anywhere. I'm sure having an extended family in Connecticut to help take care of the new baby and their other 2 kids is immensely helpful.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 12:42 PM
allstar3970

Quote:

After this season? No freaking way does anybody take him on. One does not have anything to do with the other. Gomez is a proven 2nd liner with dynamic offensive aspects to his game at times. Drury is now a hard working 3rd-4th liner and an excellent PK'er. There are so many cheaper options than drury to fill that role that nobody would trade for him with the exception of maybe a contender at the deadline of his expiring contract year.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

i like drury and hes overpaid

hes also not going anywhere....especially to the caps

he grew up a rangers fan...it was his dream to play for this team

he is part of an overall great organization, getting paid well, playing for his favorite team and lives in NYC

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 06:23 AM
mm11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
NMC should stand for, (no money clause), or (no more captain) when you don't produce and play sub-par.
looking past Captain America's Salary Drury is a PK, shot blocking, never quit blood and guts leader. He was one of the guys leading the blue shirts down the stretch. Look at his role on team USA in the Olympics this year along with Callahan. Sather had to overpay to get this leader, what can you do? since the blue shirts are stuck with him I would appreciate the ton of good thing Drury provides. Heck, he started scoring some clutch goals down the stretch as well

mm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 11:58 AM
pete3589

Not to derail the thread, but I haven't met a single person that wouldnt take Drury for Tim Connolly right now here in Buffalo.

Connoly has 1 year left making 4.5 I believe, and Drury has his 2 years at 7.

I think he would waive for a chance to return to Buffalo, and they are desparate for the leadership he brought when he was here (especially after their terrible no grit/no passion playoff series that just ended)

Connolly could easily be Gaborik's C

pete3589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 12:20 PM
pld459666

Why would Washington want a player that is no more valuable to them than Brooks Laich is at least twice the cost?

Laich does everything that Drury can do and do it better and he'll make 3-4 million less.

I would highly doubt that Drury is a fit in Washington at all and even at 3.5 million I would doubt the Caps would look to add him.

Drury is an over rated 2nd liner.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote