HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Can Joey Tenute make it?...

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2005, 08:37 AM
DARKSIDE

vCash: 500
Can Joey Tenute make it?...

Man this kid put up some incredible numbers last year and is having a pretty good one this year. Haven't heard much about little Joe. I know he's listed at 5.9ft., and we already have one of those (Gionta). As anyone seen Joey play and what's your opinion of him? Thanks!

Old
02-24-2005, 08:42 AM
Holly Gunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
Has anyone seen Joey play
Yes, this season.

I don't think he has enough going for him to make up for his size.

Old
02-24-2005, 10:20 AM
goin2hell
Alberta Beef.

Us sheltered Devils fans in Calgary don't get alot of exposure to the devs except for this forum but who is tenute and where is he playing?

Old
02-24-2005, 11:26 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2hell
Us sheltered Devils fans in Calgary don't get alot of exposure to the devs except for this forum but who is tenute and where is he playing?
I think Tenute could make it, there is no reason why he shouldn't be in the AHL at the moment. He may be small but he plays gritty and is fast. Has a nice shot also.

Old
02-24-2005, 01:06 PM
4check22

Send a message via MSN to 4check22 Send a message via Yahoo to 4check22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac
I think Tenute could make it, there is no reason why he shouldn't be in the AHL at the moment. He may be small but he plays gritty and is fast. Has a nice shot also.
To me, the fact that he has a strong shot is what is going to make this kid. I've never seen him play, but the days of the power forward being the ONLY scoring forwards are long gone. He could have a decent future with the Devils if he continues to develop. As long as the kid backchecks, I'm sure he can make the jump eventually.

Old
02-25-2005, 09:08 AM
DARKSIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2hell
Here's some info from 2004:

Tenute Named OHL Player of the Week

Toronto - The Ontario Hockey League today announced that Sarnia Sting centre Joey Tenute is the OHL Player of the Week for the week ending Sunday February 29 after scoring two goals and seven assists for nine points to lead the Sting to three straight wins.

Tenute had a goal and two assists in Sarnia's 4-2 win over the Plymouth Whalers on February 26. He added three assists in a 7-5 win over the Ottawa 67's on February 27 and concluded the week with the game-winning goal and two assists in a 5-2 win over the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds on February 29.

The 20-year-old Hamilton native improved his season scoring totals to 19 goals and 50 assists for 69 points in 52 games. He is enjoying a 16-game point scoring streak that includes seven consecutive multiple point games.

Old
02-25-2005, 04:31 PM
goin2hell
Alberta Beef.

Thank you darkside

Old
03-01-2005, 09:52 PM
NJDraft

Showed his wheels, shot didn't rank:http://www.echl.com/cgi-bin/mpublic....&cat=1&id=3755
Unless your a 1,2 rd.pick your chances of making the NHL aren't good. Only a handful of NJ prospects are going to end up in the NHL. I can only think of a few F who can be regarded as wouldbe Devils. Good like to Joey,hopefully he gets to college. Perhaps he should have started there.
http://www.4thmedium.com/nyc/bantam/...joeyt-prof.htm

Closed Thread