HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Ryan McDonagh might not even sign with the Rangers

Old
05-03-2010, 11:51 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Whatever, moved on once he was traded. I would be extremely surprised if this did happen and he did sign here.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 11:57 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Have you read correctly what he wrote ?

He said that they needed to move a big contract and Gomez's was the most "moveable"...

They were able to sign Gaborik instead, that's a major improvement... but they're still stuck with 3 other albatros... unmoveable albatroses..

Hockey players in the league rated Gomez as one of the most overrated player in the league... I guess, by reading this thread, he's also one of the most overrated player by habs fans on HF...
I did read, and i agreed, I'm just saying, they need a new GM.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 12:37 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
I made a thread about this a while ago and everyone bashed me! I know that McDonagh is not ready to turn pro and might not even want to play professional hockey for a living. I feel that the Habs organization knew this and gave him away in the deal with the Rangers based on having Pacioretty as a 1st rounder from the same draft.
They should have bashed you. I'm interested to know, what makes you think McDonagh might not want to play pro hockey for a living? Does he want to try his luck on dancing with the stars?

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 12:43 PM
viasyncro

http://www.rangerstribune.com/2010/0...continues.html

The McDonagh Madness Continues

viasyncro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

It seems like a lot of NHL teams are interested in getting their physically-developed young players out of the NCAA and into pro development these days. Habs wanted to do that with McDonagh too, non? It makes sense. If a guy already has the pro physique, then ideally you probably do want him adjusting to the pro schedule and the pro speed, if possible.

But the player can have different ideas, and college life, education, are reasonable things for them to pursue too. Especially when they have the final leverage at the end of the day in terms of signing or not signing.

No idea what the Rangers position is. It makes sense for them to ask him to go pro. It makes sense for McDonagh to want to come back and captain the Badgers. As long as neither side gets carried away defending their position, it shouldn't mean anything, shouldn't end up like a Jack Johnson situation, ever.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 03:59 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
It seems like a lot of NHL teams are interested in getting their physically-developed young players out of the NCAA and into pro development these days. Habs wanted to do that with McDonagh too, non? It makes sense. If a guy already has the pro physique, then ideally you probably do want him adjusting to the pro schedule and the pro speed, if possible.

But the player can have different ideas, and college life, education, are reasonable things for them to pursue too. Especially when they have the final leverage at the end of the day in terms of signing or not signing.

No idea what the Rangers position is. It makes sense for them to ask him to go pro. It makes sense for McDonagh to want to come back and captain the Badgers. As long as neither side gets carried away defending their position, it shouldn't mean anything, shouldn't end up like a Jack Johnson situation, ever.
I never heard that the Habs wanted to sign McDonagh but one would assume they would have had he not of been traded last summer. I know Timmins says he wants to see players physically dominate a league and after his sophmore year he had an up and down season (going from getting called out by his coach at the start of the season for not being physical enough, trying to do too much in the offensive zone, to him ending up getting the A by the end of the season)

McDonagh from the few times I saw him this year, looked solid and I would think he could easily turn pro if he wants to. But with Wisconsin losing in the Finals he may want to return to try and win a National Championship next year.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Have you read correctly what he wrote ?

He said that they needed to move a big contract and Gomez's was the most "moveable"...

They were able to sign Gaborik instead, that's a major improvement... but they're still stuck with 3 other albatros... unmoveable albatroses..

Hockey players in the league rated Gomez as one of the most overrated player in the league... I guess, by reading this thread, he's also one of the most overrated player by habs fans on HF...
Its pretty obvious the players didn't understand the question, because Wade Redden was on the same list, and he is many things, but overrated isn't one of them.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 05:50 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Its pretty obvious the players didn't understand the question, because Wade Redden was on the same list, and he is many things, but overrated isn't one of them.
Nah, for someone to give him that contract means they had him rated as a pretty damn good player.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I think he would have a good perception of Boucher's program.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote