HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Adjustments for game 3

Old
05-03-2010, 10:02 PM
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...

vCash: 500
Adjustments for game 3

I think it may be time to switch up the d-pairings.. Krajicek/Parent were both a -2.. Just a thought....

Also, I would like to move JVR to Richards line.. As much as i love JVR i think he needs a great Center to play with to help him with his defensive responsibilities..

Just some ideas

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 10:04 PM
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
At this point I'd bench Hartnell and put in Maroon and tell him if he wants to ever play for the Flyers again he'll park his big ass in front of the net and put goals in with those hands of his and if he scores even one goal in the play-offs I do whatever I can to get rid of Hartnell next season.

ToTheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 10:05 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post
At this point I'd bench Hartnell and put in Maroon and tell him if he wants to ever play for the Flyers again he'll park his big ass in front of the net and put goals in with those hands of his and if he scores even one goal in the play-offs I do whatever I can to get rid of Hartnell next season.
This. Hartnell's play is costing us.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Garbage Goal

Both JVR and Hartnell aren't and likely won't contribute anything, but I'd support switching them around. Hartnell is damn over-due for a demotion.

Don't want to switch the d-men up. Our top four is our bread-and-butter of our defense. Just give the third pairing minimal ice-time and use the last change to their benefit. That or run seven d-man and have Bartulis, Krajicek, and Parent all sub-in and out.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post
Or that. Never really thought of that. Probably worth a try since we have absolutely no one to play LW in the top six besides Leino at this point.

Old
05-03-2010, 10:08 PM
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...

hopefully Lavs shakes the locker room up a bit.. i mean yea both were only 1 goal games but the flyers need scoring production

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 10:09 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Put Pronger in front of the net on the power play

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 10:11 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
hopefully Lavs shakes the locker room up a bit.. i mean yea both were only 1 goal games but the flyers need scoring production
We lost the defensive game of Carter, Gagne, and Laperriere. We lost the offensive game of Carter and Gagne.

I think these games swing the other way with a healthy roster, and we win these games by 1 or 2 goals.

This has nothing to do with locker room issues, nor is there a reason to shake it up.

Hartnell has been useless this year both when we didn't need him to be even decent and now when we absolutely need him to step up. He's the only person that needs to be "shaken-up."

EDIT: Sorry, thought you were alluding to an offseason shake-up.

Old
05-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Put Pronger in front of the net on the power play
Definite yes to that. We have no one else that has proven that they can do that like Pronger can. Maybe Maroon if we call him up, but who knows?

I have no clue why they changed it up either. It was working so well in the Devils series.

Old
05-03-2010, 10:14 PM
ToTheNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
it isn't the scoring that they need. . . they are getting goals. They just need to start pushing the Bruins on their heels and keeping that up for a pro-longed period of time.

The Flyers press hard enough just to annoy the Bruins and then the Bruins push back even harder and end up scoring a goal. The Flyers need to convert more on the PP and really push the Bruins and keep attacking. They caused FITS for the Bruins D for just bits and pieces, but those shifts only seem to happen once Boston gets a lead and before the Flyers get a goal.

The loss of Gags, Carts and Lappy has been talked to death. The injuries hurt, no doubt about it, but the Flyers are a better team even without them and they should have this series tied, if not winning 2-0. The Bruins have just been able to withstand the Flyer push long enough to launch an onslaught on the Flyers. The only way the Flyers win this series without those players is to just play on edge and attack and keep throwing the puck on net and crashing it. Richards, Giroux and Briere need to stop those dekes up the middle and just fire. Everyone else needs to bust their ass to the net. Powe, Nodl, Hartnell, JVR may not be able to score normal goals, but they should be able to shove one in under Rask's pads when he's out of position off a low pad shot.

Old
05-03-2010, 10:20 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

D pairings are about as good as they're gonna get...I'd leave 'em alone. Forwards, rather than never sending out the same combo more than once next game, do this and stick with it...

Leino-Richards-Carcillo
JVR-Giroux-Briere
Hartnell-Powe/Kalinski-Asham
Powe/Kalinski-Betts-Nodl

Have either Hartnell or JVR out at all times on the PP, with ass planted firmly in front of net. If neither is out there, but Pronger and Richards both are...slide Pronger down low and Richards to the point with Kimmo.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post
D pairings are about as good as they're gonna get...I'd leave 'em alone. Forwards, rather than never sending out the same combo more than once next game, do this and stick with it...

Leino-Richards-Carcillo
JVR-Giroux-Briere
Powe/Kalinski-Betts-Nodl

Have either Hartnell or JVR out at all times on the PP, with ass planted firmly in front of net. If neither is out there, but Pronger and Richards both are...slide Pronger down low and Richards to the point with Kimmo.
I agree with that. No matter what though I would like less line shuffling. Give the guys a chance to build chemistry.

Line shuffling was a major complaint against Stevens after all.

Old
05-03-2010, 10:26 PM
ToTheNet

You are replacing . . . 55+ minutes of combined iced time with . . . 26 . . . there will be line shuffling . . . there is no way around that.

Old
05-03-2010, 10:31 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

I now have moved to a pure hatred of Hartnell.

JVR, Hartnell, Leino ... DO SOMETHING.

Leino stinks. STINKS.

SeanCWombBroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 10:36 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post

Leino stinks. STINKS.
Leino assisted on both goals tonight...

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 10:39 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
Leino assisted on both goals tonight...
Leino's been pretty good. You can't expect him to be a world-breaker.

He's hardly the issue here.

Old
05-03-2010, 10:43 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

Yeah, Leino has been good...one of our best forwards since stepping in. I was actually sitting there watching the game tonight thinking about what a mess our lines would be without him. People think things are bad now, imagine if we hadn't picked him up. Holmgren and/or whoever in the organization suggested picking up Leino deserve plenty of credit for that move.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 10:45 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post

Leino stinks. STINKS.
Agreed with what everyone else said. Leino has been one of the better forwards thus far

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 10:45 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
I wouldn't change the line-up unless they can find a forward who they're comfortable playing more minutes than Ross & Nodl.

Parent and Krajicek will be better off with the Flyers having last change; the Bruins did a great job using the last change advantage tonight.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 11:04 PM
Mr Oysterhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post

Leino-Richards-Carcillo
JVR-Giroux-Briere
Powe/Kalinski-Betts-Nodl

These lines make the most sense to me.

Mr Oysterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 11:16 PM
SlickM32

You guys need secondary scoring. The B's defense is good at shutting down top flight guys, meaning the other guys will need to score to win. Richards and Briere have found the back of the net, and I'm sure at some point Giroux will, but unless Hartnell and van Riemsdyk start scoring, it'll be a tough road.

SlickM32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 12:02 AM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
Score a damn goal JVR.

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 12:09 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickM32 View Post
You guys need secondary scoring. The B's defense is good at shutting down top flight guys, meaning the other guys will need to score to win. Richards and Briere have found the back of the net, and I'm sure at some point Giroux will, but unless Hartnell and van Riemsdyk start scoring, it'll be a tough road.
If you think secondary scoring is our problem, then you're not seeing the whole truth here.

I think the amount of goals we have actually scored so far is a testament to our secondary scoring.

With Gagne and Carter out there's not much we can do. Add in the defensive efforts of those two and Laperriere, and it's easy to see why we're in the position we're in.

Take out Krejci, Bergeron, and Lucic. Then we'll see how effective you are at keeping pace with us even if Gagne, Carter, and Laperriere are still out. You can even bring all your other injured players back.

Hartnell has sucked, but the fact that we are even keeping up with the Bruins with these severe injuries is incredible in its own right.

Old
05-04-2010, 01:37 AM
bigbaddbruins

i agree with..

I agree that until we get senguin, you defineitly have a better team with both team having no injuries. But dont forget we are missing seidenburg,stuart, which should have decimated our defence. Plus we are without sturm, and savard other than scoring that goal the other night, is not marc savard. We are actually using him to not help us win games, but to get him back in shape.
Your injuries are worse off than ours, but if we had these guys at 100 percent, we would be a different team as well. Those are two shutdown defensive defenseman, that would compliment rask more, which would make him even harder to score against.
I admit you are a very good team, and even though you may be to far out to come back against us, because of your injurys, next year i feel great by saying next year both the flyers and Bruins will be a much stronger team next year when we make the playoffs. It will be fun for both our teams for years to come.

bigbaddbruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 01:49 AM
Amateur Hour

Really liked the Leino-Giroux-Briere combination tonight when it was out on the ice. Here's my thinking for the lines for Game 3...

JVR-Richards-Carcillo
Leino-Giroux-Briere
Hartnell-Powe-Asham
Phantom-Betts-Phantom

I'm even thinking it might be worth a try to give Asham minutes on Richards' wing, in place of Carcillo. He has some offensive talent and a pretty good shot. Why not? We're in desperation mode right now, after all.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote