HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Holmstrom question

Old
05-04-2010, 02:13 AM
dtown77

vCash: 500
Holmstrom question

This gets brought up a lot but i have a specific question. My understanding is a penalty is a penalty. But why is it when usually Homer is called for a penalty it's a double minor?

What I mean is I see time and time again when Homer is mauled in front of the net before or after the whistle. Rarely is a penalty called.

However if Homer retaliates it's a double minor. Never do you see an arm go up before homer retaliates. But after the fact it's a double minor. So it's a no brainer to say that the ref saw the penalty and just didn't call it until homer retaliated.

So it would be fair to say officials see clear penalties against Homer and just don't call them.

Homer gets punched in the face, crosschecked, face washed, and out right mauled every game. But it's never a penlty unless he retaliates. I will say again there is RARELY an arm up before he retaliates but the double minor is always called???

dtown77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 09:30 AM
67coach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtown77 View Post
This gets brought up a lot but i have a specific question. My understanding is a penalty is a penalty. But why is it when usually Homer is called for a penalty it's a double minor?

What I mean is I see time and time again when Homer is mauled in front of the net before or after the whistle. Rarely is a penalty called.

However if Homer retaliates it's a double minor. Never do you see an arm go up before homer retaliates. But after the fact it's a double minor. So it's a no brainer to say that the ref saw the penalty and just didn't call it until homer retaliated.

So it would be fair to say officials see clear penalties against Homer and just don't call them.

Homer gets punched in the face, crosschecked, face washed, and out right mauled every game. But it's never a penlty unless he retaliates. I will say again there is RARELY an arm up before he retaliates but the double minor is always called???
I think you mean "Coincidental Minors"

What erks me more than anything else is that there have been 4 penalties called against our defenseman for either cross checking or interferance on San Jose forwards yet Homer is still getting Butt ***** everytime he is in front of the net but that's okay because he is Homer!!

67coach is offline   Reply With Quote