HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roman Cervenka to play in the NHL next season

Old
02-22-2010, 12:59 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostik View Post
Yea, Gilroy is making what, 1,75M$?
1 way contract, option in contract that he can bolt back to Europe if it will not work out. What's to lose? Dolan's dolars maybe.
Exactly. If Dolan doesn't care, why should I? If there isn't a better option to add to the list of 50 contracts, I'm all for spending more Dolan Bucks.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 09:06 PM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Dolan's dollars are anyone that buys Rangers gear or goes to the games dollars. Or anyone that has Cablevision. Or subscribes to Newsday. I'd rather he not just throw his dollars away, because odds are we'll end up feeling the effects.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 09:07 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Lets be realistic here, its not like they have a abundance of it...

...I am just joking with the people who say "great another soft skilled player". Last time I checked we don't have a single player like that. Like even the skilled players we had last year, wasn't all that skilled. Dawes, Prucha and co...

...and we especially have like zero amount of playmaking ability on this team, after Prospal. Its the same this year, like Lisin have a speed and a ton of drive. He doesn't handle the puck like its a handgranade, but he hardly makes any good plays with it either. Thats really what we need more then anything, someone who can hold on to the puck and make plays. Pass the puck.
Consistency is the issue with those players, it's certainly not skill or talent. We've seen Christensen and Dubinsky make amazing plays and have awesome games.

Lisin's done it before too, check youtube if you'd like.

And IMO Christensen is a much better playmaker than Prospal.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 09:23 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
Consistency is the issue with those players, it's certainly not skill or talent. We've seen Christensen and Dubinsky make amazing plays and have awesome games.

Lisin's done it before too, check youtube if you'd like.

And IMO Christensen is a much better playmaker than Prospal.
I can't agree with that. Yes, Dubinsky and Christensen have talent-- but at what level is that talent? It's talent that does not belong on the first or 2nd lines.

You can say Dubinsky's talent is greater than Christensens, which would be a true statement. But to say Talent and Skill isn't a problem with the two players is false. They're def. not the most skilled at the positions/lineup they are being used in<---This when compared to other players around the league that are on the 2nd line center(Dubi)/1st line center(Christ) role.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2010, 03:42 AM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
On Wikipedia (not the greatest source, but still) it says 85 kg, which equals roughly 190 lbs and should be ok.
We don't have to give up any assets, so I really don't know how trying to sign him could be a bad move. He obviously has talent and can score, and it's not like our current team couldn't need both.
Wikipedia is generally a very good source when it comes to hockey related articles.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 06:19 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Czech forward Roman Chervyanka continue his career with Jagr in Omsk. Chervyanka was most wanted czech player for NHL teams after Olympic
http://twitter.com/GenadiB/status/13357752584

Roman Cervenka

There were rumors of a package deal for Jagr and Cervenka in Omsk. Jagr is staying and Omsk added a Czech mate.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 07:31 AM
Jeds2StepOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Lets be realistic here, its not like they have a abundance of it...

...I am just joking with the people who say "great another soft skilled player". Last time I checked we don't have a single player like that. Like even the skilled players we had last year, wasn't all that skilled. Dawes, Prucha and co...

...and we especially have like zero amount of playmaking ability on this team, after Prospal. Its the same this year, like Lisin have a speed and a ton of drive. He doesn't handle the puck like its a handgranade, but he hardly makes any good plays with it either. Thats really what we need more then anything, someone who can hold on to the puck and make plays. Pass the puck.
The funny thing is, Dubinsky and Callahan are both 100 times better at handling the puck, than Lisin. Dubinsky moreso than Callahan. Lisin was a trainwreck.

The fact you included Dubinsky with the likes of Voros, Shelly...etc, is laughable.

But I guess you truely were going for laughs

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 07:55 AM
Jeds2StepOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
I can't agree with that. Yes, Dubinsky and Christensen have talent-- but at what level is that talent? It's talent that does not belong on the first or 2nd lines.

You can say Dubinsky's talent is greater than Christensens, which would be a true statement. But to say Talent and Skill isn't a problem with the two players is false. They're def. not the most skilled at the positions/lineup they are being used in<---This when compared to other players around the league that are on the 2nd line center(Dubi)/1st line center(Christ) role.
Dubinsky's talent is fine on the Second Line. He has more talent than he's given credit for. RangerFan10 is right. Consistency is their main problem. Dubi just turned 24 last week. Christensen is 26 years old.

Prospal didn't break the 40-50 Point mark till he was 25 years old. Didn't have his first 20+ goal season till he was 25 years old. And it wasn't till he was 28 years old and playing with Tampa, that he finally broke the 55 Total Point mark and got himself 79 Total Points. 36 Total Points or less, his first three seasons in the league.

Dubinsky has actually done better in his offensive production, in his first three NHL seasons, than Prospal did his first three seasons.

While Dubi is certainly not a Crosby, Backstrom, Kane or Sedin skill level player.

A player like Dubinksy is a work in process. He's maturing and developing. He has more skill than you're giving him credit for. His playmaking skills are better than that, too. He often makes a lot of nice, skilled plays.

The kid is a complete package in the works. He brings a lot of important elements to the team and the way he's used is important to consider.

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 08:26 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeds2StepOpus View Post
Dubinsky's talent is fine on the Second Line. He has more talent than he's given credit for. RangerFan10 is right. Consistency is their main problem. Dubi just turned 24 last week. Christensen is 26 years old.

Prospal didn't break the 40-50 Point mark till he was 25 years old. Didn't have his first 20+ goal season till he was 25 years old. And it wasn't till he was 28 years old and playing with Tampa, that he finally broke the 55 Total Point mark and got himself 79 Total Points. 36 Total Points or less, his first three seasons in the league.

Dubinsky has actually done better in his offensive production, in his first three NHL seasons, than Prospal did his first three seasons.

While Dubi is certainly not a Crosby, Backstrom, Kane or Sedin skill level player.

A player like Dubinksy is a work in process. He's maturing and developing. He has more skill than you're giving him credit for. His playmaking skills are better than that, too. He often makes a lot of nice, skilled plays.

The kid is a complete package in the works. He brings a lot of important elements to the team and the way he's used is important to consider.
Consistency is part of the talent assesment.

Old
05-04-2010, 08:32 AM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
Dolan's dollars are anyone that buys Rangers gear or goes to the games dollars. Or anyone that has Cablevision. Or subscribes to Newsday. I'd rather he not just throw his dollars away, because odds are we'll end up feeling the effects.
Dolan is making tons of money with the Rangers. Pre-cap this team had about an 80 Million Dollar payroll. Now tickets are more expensive and Payroll is 57 million. GLAD HE HAS PASSED THE SAVINGS ON THE US!!!!

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 08:34 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Dubinsky's production is consistant with that of a second liner. And the fact that his style better fits a third line role is irrelevant, because we aren't in a position to make a top 6 forward simply appear out of thin air.

Christensen clicks with Gaborik, so I couldn't give two ***** what "liner" he happens to be.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 08:39 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Dubinsky's production is consistant with that of a second liner. And the fact that his style better fits a third line role is irrelevant, because we aren't in a position to make a top 6 forward simply appear out of thin air.

Christensen clicks with Gaborik, so I couldn't give two ***** what "liner" he happens to be.
Sorta like how you didn't give two ***** about Holik playing on the 1st line right? Or Malahkov be our number 1 d-men? Or Jokinen being used in the shootout?

Yeah, that's how your team becomes mediocre. If you like that, then so be it.

Erik Christensen is going to produce way below 1st line standards and people are going to start to cry as to why we dont have a capable centermen like other teams.

The fact that you are ok w/ a mediocre player in Chrtistensen as our number 1 center is pretty damn sad.

Dubinsky on a team with good balance and depth is ideally a 3rd line cenetermen, however can play on the 2nd line. He isn't a 1st line guy like he's been used as. Other teams have better talented players as their 1st line center than a Christensen or Dubinsky in which you seem to think are amazing options.

Old
05-04-2010, 08:49 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Whats funny is I had to listen to the same ******** about how Nylander wasnt a first line center at the beginning of 05-06. Yeah he wasn't. But playing with chemistry with a star player made him produce at that level. Its the chemistry.

Referencing Holik and Vlad is assanine. Holik didnt have a star player to click with, and we're not talking about defensemen. Leetch was always our #1 while Vlad was here regardless.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 08:54 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Whats funny is I had to listen to the same ******** about how Nylander wasnt a first line center at the beginning of 05-06. Yeah he wasn't. But playing with chemistry with a star player made him produce at that level. Its the chemistry.

Referencing Holik and Vlad is assanine. Holik didnt have a star player to click with, and we're not talking about defensemen. Leetch was always our #1 while Vlad was here regardless.
The thought of Holik as a first liner is abysmal and laughable. Nylander was Jagr's boy, but that doesn't change the fact that he was played out of position & wasn't the best choice down the middle.

It was the fact that we serenated Jagr with the people he felt the team should be built with in order for him and the team to have success. Nower days, we don't have an individual who has preference as to who we should bring over b/c they once had chemistry together.

Old
05-04-2010, 09:10 AM
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
I can't believe people are still on the whole "Nylander wasn't a first line center" thing.

Here are his stats from 05-06 and 06-07.

05-06: 81 G, 23-56-79, 4 G 0-1-1 in the playoffs
06-07: 79 G, 26-57-83, 10 G 6-7-13 in the playoffs

For THOSE TWO SEASONS he was a true #1 center.

I'm not saying Christiansen is a #1 center. But if he puts Gabs in a position to score 50 goals and 100 points then what is the problem. We should be more worried about having a guy to set up Dubi/Cally/Drury and the like.

dtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 09:27 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrap View Post
I can't believe people are still on the whole "Nylander wasn't a first line center" thing.

Here are his stats from 05-06 and 06-07.

05-06: 81 G, 23-56-79, 4 G 0-1-1 in the playoffs
06-07: 79 G, 26-57-83, 10 G 6-7-13 in the playoffs

For THOSE TWO SEASONS he was a true #1 center.

I'm not saying Christiansen is a #1 center. But if he puts Gabs in a position to score 50 goals and 100 points then what is the problem. We should be more worried about having a guy to set up Dubi/Cally/Drury and the like.
If you're talking to me, I was very upset that we let go of Nylander. That was an amazing line with him Jagr and Straka. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

It's the idea that having Christensen as our number 1 center doesn't come close to equating what other teams have at that position. It doesn't matter if there's chemistry or not, the fact of the matter is that Erik Christensen isn't the best possible option for that position. In fact, there are a boatload of more capable and fitting pivots for that role.

Jagr knew his game well and that he would mesh w/ a Nylander. We don't know if this would be the same w/ a inconsistant waiver wire pick-up in Christensen and Marian Gaborik. It's a risky situation. Christensen was playing for his life pretty much. He had to play the best hockey of his career being the situation he was in.

Old
05-04-2010, 09:41 AM
dtrap

Quote:
If you're talking to me, I was very upset that we let go of Nylander. That was an amazing line with him Jagr and Straka. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

It's the idea that having Christensen as our number 1 center doesn't come close to equating what other teams have at that position. It doesn't matter if there's chemistry or not, the fact of the matter is that Erik Christensen isn't the best possible option for that position. In fact, there are a boatload of more capable and fitting pivots for that role.

Jagr knew his game well and that he would mesh w/ a Nylander. We don't know if this would be the same w/ a inconsistant waiver wire pick-up in Christensen and Marian Gaborik. It's a risky situation. Christensen was playing for his life pretty much. He had to play the best hockey of his career being the situation he was in.
Christensen was actually a pretty good contributor for the Penguins. When we picked him up off the wire a few of my friends who are Pens fans actually texted me to tell him that I would like having him on the Blueshirts.

He just didn't get a lot of chances to play in Anaheim and that's why he was waived.

I agree that he isn't the most desirable option, but hey we probably aren't going to win the cup next year anyway. I'm willing to give him a full season with Gabby to see what happens. I mean Nylander went from a career 50-60 point guy to an 80 point guys with the Rangers. I don't see any reason why Christensen can't go from a 30 point guy to a 50 point guy in a full season with Gabby. Like I said...if he puts Gabby in a position to score 50 goals and 100 points...then he is doing his job as a number 1 center.

Old
05-04-2010, 01:42 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrap View Post
Christensen was actually a pretty good contributor for the Penguins. When we picked him up off the wire a few of my friends who are Pens fans actually texted me to tell him that I would like having him on the Blueshirts.

He just didn't get a lot of chances to play in Anaheim and that's why he was waived.

I agree that he isn't the most desirable option, but hey we probably aren't going to win the cup next year anyway. I'm willing to give him a full season with Gabby to see what happens. I mean Nylander went from a career 50-60 point guy to an 80 point guys with the Rangers. I don't see any reason why Christensen can't go from a 30 point guy to a 50 point guy in a full season with Gabby. Like I said...if he puts Gabby in a position to score 50 goals and 100 points...then he is doing his job as a number 1 center.
Then people wonder why we're not going to win the cup anytime soon

Old
05-04-2010, 01:53 PM
dtrap

Quote:
Then people wonder why we're not going to win the cup anytime soon
It's kinda hard to win the cup when your ruh-tard GM gives Wade Redden 6.5 million over 6 years...

Old
05-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Kostik

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
http://twitter.com/GenadiB/status/13357752584

Roman Cervenka

There were rumors of a package deal for Jagr and Cervenka in Omsk. Jagr is staying and Omsk added a Czech mate.
It's fake.
In recent article from today's Czech newspaper, Cervenka said that Omsk offered him some kind of contract, but Cervenka didn't sign anything.
NHL is his priority and wants to play here, if some NHL team will be interested.
Cervenka had great playoff run, carried the team on his back.
He should play with JJ on one line during WCH.

article in Czech:
http://hokej.sport.cz/hokej/nhl/1684...prioritou.html

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 04:15 PM
TUQ

Quote:
It's fake.
In recent article from today's Czech newspaper, Cervenka said that Omsk offered him some kind of contract, but Cervenka didn't sign anything.
NHL is his priority and wants to play here, if some NHL team will be interested.

article in Czech:
He also said that he will decide after the WHC, all he is doing now is letting his agent collect offers...

TUQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 09:25 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
It's fake.

article in Czech:
Thanks for the report.

The way this team is set-up with cap issues, it's only fitting for them to target overseas players. They'll come cheaper than NHL UFA's obviously. Players like Aasen, Cervenka, etc.

Rumors had the Rangers interested in 3 players from the KHL, and I wonder if Cervenka is one of them only that the rumor was off and it was really 3 players of interest from overseas and not just the KHL.

Old
05-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Rumors had the Rangers interested in 3 players from the KHL, and I wonder if Cervenka is one of them only that the rumor was off and it was really 3 players of interest from overseas and not just the KHL.
Is the Czech league considered a part of the KHL?

I liked what I saw of him at the Olympics. Still wouldn't mind making a run at him.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 10:09 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Is the Czech league considered a part of the KHL?

I liked what I saw of him at the Olympics. Still wouldn't mind making a run at him.
No it's not. I'm just saying that it's possible the rumor was wrong, and we were in fact targeting 3 individuals that are overseas rather than just being from the KHL.

Old
05-04-2010, 11:07 PM
Bulls9220

Quote:
Sign him and Jagr .

Prospal-Christensen-Gaborik
Cervenka-Dubinsky-Jagr
Avery-Anisimov-Callahan
Byers-Drury-Voros

I am SOLD, lol.
Sadly Jagr is going back to Russia. It has been reported that he signed in Russia today

Bulls9220 is offline   Reply With Quote