HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Reasonable 2010 Kings Lineup w/Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-04-2010, 02:55 PM
  #1
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!
 
Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: O.C. California
Country: United States
Posts: 11,476
vCash: 2401
Reasonable 2010 Kings Lineup w/Salary

Offense:

Kovy 7.75
Kopi 6.8
Simmonds 821,666

Smyth 6.25
Richie 1.725
Brown 3.175

Matt Cooke 1.825
Zeus 4.0
Mike Grier 1.2

Moller 662,500
Schenn 3.14
Lewis 525,000

Westy 525,000/Clifford 900,000

Total Offense: 39,299,166

Defense:

DD 3.475
Scud 3.4
JJ 1.425
Greene 2.95
Sheldon brookbank 600,00
44DD 616,666

Voinov 845,833/UFA 600,000

Total Defense: 13,912,499

Goalies:

Quick 1.8
Bernier 843,333

Total: 2,643,333

Allyn "****me" McCauley $666,667

Total Salary 2010: $56,521,665.

Yeah, I know, it's too high. It's barely under the cap of $56,800,000. There isn't much of a wiggle room, but I really like our lines and reserves.

Stoll and JW get traded for picks/prospects

Next!


Last edited by Black1963: 05-04-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 03:01 PM
  #2
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Well... Stoll and JW, if they are traded, won't get traded for picks. Dean is past that point.

I like your thinking on Matt Cooke. Not as high on Grier as most though.

Also, that 4th line isn't tough enough. Moller is pointless on the 4th line.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 03:01 PM
  #3
Zizou
Dont Mix Your Drinks
 
Zizou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
Oh man

Zizou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 03:11 PM
  #4
Cook24
Registered User
 
Cook24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chino, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,995
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cook24
I strongly doubt DL gets rid of williams after only 1 partial season. Stoll might get moved but I think they keep him for 1 more season and he'll take handzus' spot after his contract expires. Here's the changes I see.

Add: bernier, voinov/hickey, possibly schenn, marleau, eaton.
(If we get kovalchuk, take out marleau and eaton)

Cook24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 03:11 PM
  #5
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!
 
Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: O.C. California
Country: United States
Posts: 11,476
vCash: 2401
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Well... Stoll and JW, if they are traded, won't get traded for picks. Dean is past that point.

I like your thinking on Matt Cooke. Not as high on Grier as most though.

Also, that 4th line isn't tough enough. Moller is pointless on the 4th line.
Well, we have Westy and Clifford who can easily be inserted against the tougher teams. My thinking on the 4th line was kind of the way the dux brought up Getzlaf/Perry/Penner. Amongst the 5 (Schenn, Lewis, Moller, Westy, Clifford), I'd give Schenn about 65-70 games, Lewis 50-60 games, Moller 55-60 games Clifford 40-45 games and Westy 30-40 games.

As for Stoll and JW geting traded for picks/prospects, I don't see a problem. We need more forward prospects so, I really doubt your point of not needing picks/prospects.


Last edited by Black1963: 05-04-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 03:11 PM
  #6
Brodeur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 11,521
vCash: 500
I'd be surprised if Kovalchuk signed for that low of a cap hit, unless it was like a 15 year deal. Sutton seemingly had a decent playoff, so I imagine he'd get more than 1.5 mil from somebody.

Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 03:15 PM
  #7
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 8,916
vCash: 500
Cool 4 rookies on the roster and Moller which is essentially another rookie.

How about you take this years line up, subtract Frolov and add a forward not named Kovalchuk or Marleau and a defenseman. Then you'll be back here on earth.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 03:16 PM
  #8
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!
 
Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: O.C. California
Country: United States
Posts: 11,476
vCash: 2401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign24 View Post
I strongly doubt DL gets rid of williams after only 1 partial season. Stoll might get moved but I think they keep him for 1 more season and he'll take handzus' spot after his contract expires. Here's the changes I see.

Add: bernier, voinov/hickey, possibly schenn, marleau, eaton.
(If we get kovalchuk, take out marleau and eaton)
Yeah, I'm not crazy about the idea of trading JW when his value is at its lowest either but I'm even less crazy about having him on the 1st line or the 3rd line for that matter.

You really should try and make the lineup. It isn't as easy as you make it sound.

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 03:17 PM
  #9
kingsfan25
Registered User
 
kingsfan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,834
vCash: 500
Kings are going to need more of a defensive upgrade than Sutton.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 03:18 PM
  #10
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!
 
Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: O.C. California
Country: United States
Posts: 11,476
vCash: 2401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Cool 4 rookies on the roster and Moller which is essentially another rookie.

How about you take this years line up, subtract Frolov and add a forward not named Kovalchuk or Marleau and a defenseman. Then you'll be back here on earth.
Make the lineup, earthling.

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 03:18 PM
  #11
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 8,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Yeah, I'm not crazy about the idea of trading JW when his value is at its lowest either but I'm even less crazy about having him on the 1st line or the 3rd line for that matter.

You really should try and make the lineup. It isn't as easy as you make it sound.
It is a tough job, luckily we have you to do it.

Seriously, get ready to be disappointed come July 1st. I'm willing to wager we won't see more than 4 or 5 new faces come next fall and none of those will be Kovalchuk OR Marleau.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 03:19 PM
  #12
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!
 
Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: O.C. California
Country: United States
Posts: 11,476
vCash: 2401
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
Kings are going to need more of a defensive upgrade than Sutton.
Not really, we have solid 4. Defense isn't our greatest need.

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 03:20 PM
  #13
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,829
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Too many changes. Replace Frolov with Kovalchuk and re-sign O'Donnell and play Voynov. Schenn back to Juniors.

Changes from this past season:

Kovalchuk > Frolov
Voynov > Jones

Bernier > Quick

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 03:21 PM
  #14
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!
 
Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: O.C. California
Country: United States
Posts: 11,476
vCash: 2401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
It is a tough job, luckily we have you to do it.

Seriously, get ready to be disappointed come July 1st. I'm willing to wager we won't see more than 4 or 5 new faces come next fall and none of those will be Kovalchuk OR Marleau.
Do those 4 or 5 faces have names? We, on earth would like to know.

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 03:21 PM
  #15
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
As for Stoll and JW geting traded for picks, I don't see a problem. We need more forward prospects so, I really doubt your point of not needing picks/prospects.
Lombardi has said, on multiple occassions I believe, that his focus has shifted to hockey deals to make the team better and that he isn't in the market for picks anymore. Sure its still possible he trades for picks, or gets picks added in to a trade, but he is far more likely to be trading picks than he is to be trading FOR picks.

Maybe on guy, as a dump. But if you look at DL's history, it is a pretty safe bet that if he trades Stoll and/or JW, he will be looking to replace them or fill a different hole on the team in such a trade.

He won't be signing 4 UFAs this summer. Of that I am certain. He will sign 1, 2 tops. Where you plug in Sutton, Grier and Cooke, DL, if he was so inclined to trade Stoll/JW, would trade them to fill those holes instead.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 03:22 PM
  #16
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!
 
Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: O.C. California
Country: United States
Posts: 11,476
vCash: 2401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Too many changes. Replace Frolov with Kovalchuk and re-sign O'Donnell and play Voynov. Schenn back to Juniors.

Changes from this past season:

Kovalchuk > Frolov
Voynov > Jones

Bernier > Quick
Make the lineup. Believe me, it isn't as easy as you put it. Modin? Parse?

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 03:25 PM
  #17
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!
 
Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: O.C. California
Country: United States
Posts: 11,476
vCash: 2401
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Lombardi has said, on multiple occassions I believe, that his focus has shifted to hockey deals to make the team better and that he isn't in the market for picks anymore. Sure its still possible he trades for picks, or gets picks added in to a trade, but he is far more likely to be trading picks than he is to be trading FOR picks.

Maybe on guy, as a dump. But if you look at DL's history, it is a pretty safe bet that if he trades Stoll and/or JW, he will be looking to replace them or fill a different hole on the team in such a trade.

He won't be signing 4 UFAs this summer. Of that I am certain. He will sign 1, 2 tops. Where you plug in Sutton, Grier and Cooke, DL, if he was so inclined to trade Stoll/JW, would trade them to fill those holes instead.
I think what you're referring to is DL answering a question during the playoff push not our future. All you have to do is to look at our forward prospects in the minors especially if Schenn, Lewis and Moller all stick with the kings. We're down to Lokti and maybe Kozun and that's it.

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 03:32 PM
  #18
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I think what you're referring to is DL answering a question during the playoff push not our future. All you have to do is to look at our forward prospects in the minors especially if Schenn, Lewis and Moller all stick with the kings. We're down to Lokti and maybe Kozun and that's it.
And we have PLENTY of picks coming up in the draft. We don't really need more.

The only scenario I see DL trading those guys for picks is to move up and grab a player he wants at the draft, like he did with Cammy.

But even that I highly doubt.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 03:32 PM
  #19
Cook24
Registered User
 
Cook24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chino, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,995
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Marleau-Kopitar-Simmonds
Smyth-Stoll-Williams
Richardson-Handzus-Brown
Modin/Parse-UFA-Westgarth

Scuderi-Doughty
Johnson-Greene
Eaton-Hickey/Voynov

Bernier/Quick

or

Kovalchuk-Kopitar-Simmonds
Smyth-Stoll-Williams
Richardson-Handzus-Brown
Modin/Parse-UFA-Westgarth

Johnson-Doughty
Scuderi-Voynov
Hickey-Greene

Bernier/Quick

*schenn and clifford come in next season to replace handzus and a 4th liner.


Last edited by Cook24: 05-04-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Cook24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 03:36 PM
  #20
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!
 
Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: O.C. California
Country: United States
Posts: 11,476
vCash: 2401
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
And we have PLENTY of picks coming up in the draft. We don't really need more.

The only scenario I see DL trading those guys for picks is to move up and grab a player he wants at the draft, like he did with Cammy.

But even that I highly doubt.
Plenty? We have a mid 1st; one or two 2nd; two 3rds;...I wouldn't call that plenty.

Like I said, if Schenn, Moller and Lewis all stick, we're down to Lokti and Kozun and I don't think that's nearly enough.

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 03:38 PM
  #21
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!
 
Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: O.C. California
Country: United States
Posts: 11,476
vCash: 2401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign24 View Post
Marleau-Kopitar-Simmonds
Smyth-Stoll-Williams
Richardson-Handzus-Brown
Modin/Parse-UFA-Westgarth

Scuderi-Doughty
Johnson-Greene
Eaton-Hickey/Voynov

Bernier/Quick

or

Kovalchuk-Kopitar-Simmonds
Smyth-Stoll-Williams
Richardson-Handzus-Brown
Modin/Parse-UFA-Westgarth

Johnson-Doughty
Scuderi-Voynov
Hickey-Greene

Bernier/Quick
Just by looking at your lineup, I could already tell you that you're over salary. You need to break it down with salary, that's the hard part.

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 03:40 PM
  #22
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Plenty? We have a mid 1st; one or two 2nd; two 3rds;...I wouldn't call that plenty.

Like I said, if Schenn, Moller and Lewis all stick, we're down to Lokti and Kozun and I don't think that's nearly enough.
5 picks in the first 3 rounds for a playoff team is plenty.

Its not like this is the only year to add prospects at the wing. You only need to draft 3 or 4 wings tops in 7 rounds this year, and hit on one.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 03:43 PM
  #23
Cook24
Registered User
 
Cook24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chino, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,995
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Just by looking at your lineup, I could already tell you that you're over salary. You need to break it down with salary, that's the hard part.
Where do we sit as of right now cap-wise?

Cook24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 03:44 PM
  #24
driller1
Dry Island Reject
 
driller1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Just by looking at your lineup, I could already tell you that you're over salary. You need to break it down with salary, that's the hard part.
The really hard part is looking at the 2011-2012 salary implications as well. While your "Reasonable 2010 Kings Lineup" makes it under the cap for 2010-11, what happens when Doughty, Simmonds, and Johnson need contracts for 2011-12? Cause DD will cost $7mm/yr, Simmonds is a $2mm player, and JJ will be $3-5mm. Either you don't resign your young core, or your roster implies that the free agents you pick up for 2010-11 will all sign 1 year deals, which I highly doubt.

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 03:46 PM
  #25
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!
 
Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: O.C. California
Country: United States
Posts: 11,476
vCash: 2401
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
5 picks in the first 3 rounds for a playoff team is plenty.

Its not like this is the only year to add prospects at the wing. You only need to draft 3 or 4 wings tops in 7 rounds this year, and hit on one.
Not enough firepower to replace Schenn, Lewis and Moller.

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.