HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Middle Tennessee Floods - ACE hearing Thursday via Lamar Alexander's website

Old
05-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
4 Counties are declared Disaster Areas (Cheatham, Davidson, Hickman and Williamson)

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 06:32 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I knew the guy they found in the car today....

Well, now they are saying he was not in the car, search resumed at 6am.

Last edited by triggrman: 05-05-2010 at 07:20 AM.
triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

This has been insane.

I've been extremely lucky. Absolutely no water damage to my house and no water damage to my store. I live in West and literally less than 3000 feet from the river. Bunch of areas around flooded out, but nothing here. The store is in Berry Hill at 100 Oaks and seems to be up on a little bit of a hill.

Craziness.

The Schermerhorn lost two Steinway grand pianos and the main organ is pretty damaged from what I hear. One of the bigger tour supplier/storage/backline companies in town is still under water. Not a good time for the music business here either.

Rough.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 09:00 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
This happened in other threads and they have been handled. THis has the attention of the moderators.
Some people not only have no sense of propriety, they have no sensitivity...

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 09:13 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Looking at these pictures is bringing back memories of typhoon Morakot that hit us last year, but luckily our area wasn't flooded.

Looks like there's been some sunlight, are the waters receding yet?

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 09:25 PM
Lsquared

Predators offices are open tomorrow. My first day of work since Friday, and I'm ready to get back at it.

Lsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 02:15 AM
Amanda71

Send a message via MSN to Amanda71
Hi guys, I'm from West Tennessee and asking for your prayers here as well. As much coverage as you guys are getting, we're receiving even less.

Part of my house got flooded (luckily, no serious damage... we're gonna have to replace the carpet for sure though). Luckily, we live part of the way on a hill, so we weren't as heavily affected as others in our community. However, the people of Jackson, Tennessee are in a bad way. My dad works in Jackson and says that there is Katrina-level devastation in some parts. He's had to take new routes to get to and from the warehouse he works because a lot of the backroads are flooded. There's a chance that I may have a hard time getting home when I come home for college on Saturday because of flooding of the backroads to my house. People who live in a rural community like me and my family are completely abandoned at the moment. Our creeks and small rivers are overflowing and causing a lot of people for people who live near them.

Unfortunately, our place on the Tennessee River is completely destroyed. We had a small summer house up there. It was on 14 foot stilts and is completely underwater at the moment. It sucks because we had a lot of personal items up there; however, luckily it wasn't our permanent residence. However, there are a lot of people who live there who use those houses as a permanent residence. Those people have been forced out or are currently stuck in their homes. I hope that you'll keep your prayers aimed towards the people who live on the river. Although everyone in that community does have floor insurance, it still can't compensate for the memories lost.

Definitely sending my thoughts and prayers to Middle Tennesseans as well. It has floored me how little coverage this has gotten. People simply don't know it's that bad; some people have actually accused me of exaggerating until I showed them pictures of the flood damage.

Amanda71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 07:17 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda71 View Post
Hi guys, I'm from West Tennessee and asking for your prayers here as well. As much coverage as you guys are getting, we're receiving even less.

Part of my house got flooded (luckily, no serious damage... we're gonna have to replace the carpet for sure though). Luckily, we live part of the way on a hill, so we weren't as heavily affected as others in our community. However, the people of Jackson, Tennessee are in a bad way. My dad works in Jackson and says that there is Katrina-level devastation in some parts. He's had to take new routes to get to and from the warehouse he works because a lot of the backroads are flooded. There's a chance that I may have a hard time getting home when I come home for college on Saturday because of flooding of the backroads to my house. People who live in a rural community like me and my family are completely abandoned at the moment. Our creeks and small rivers are overflowing and causing a lot of people for people who live near them.

Unfortunately, our place on the Tennessee River is completely destroyed. We had a small summer house up there. It was on 14 foot stilts and is completely underwater at the moment. It sucks because we had a lot of personal items up there; however, luckily it wasn't our permanent residence. However, there are a lot of people who live there who use those houses as a permanent residence. Those people have been forced out or are currently stuck in their homes. I hope that you'll keep your prayers aimed towards the people who live on the river. Although everyone in that community does have floor insurance, it still can't compensate for the memories lost.

Definitely sending my thoughts and prayers to Middle Tennesseans as well. It has floored me how little coverage this has gotten. People simply don't know it's that bad; some people have actually accused me of exaggerating until I showed them pictures of the flood damage.
Thanks for sharing your story and at the very least you still have your family and you're all OK. Best of luck to everyone that is affected by this and while the media may not be paying much attention to it I certainly am and in fact several of my expat and even Taiwanese friends here have asked me about it, so you're in the hearts and prayers of many over here.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Looking at these pictures is bringing back memories of typhoon Morakot that hit us last year, but luckily our area wasn't flooded.

Looks like there's been some sunlight, are the waters receding yet?
Yes, we've had sunny hot weather since Monday. The roads that were closed around my house are now open--I think one of them could have been opened yesterday but they were probably making sure the electrical/phone wires were safe. The football stadium has grass instead of water for the playing field. Not sure about the arena--reporter last night said Ed Lang said there was a lot of damage. I haven't seen whether the water has receded from 1st and 2nd Avenue yet.

Amanda, my heart goes out to you. Even a little damage is a headache.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Nashville water supplies dwindling; citizens not conserving enough

Quote:
Water supplies dwindling

Nashville's water supplies are dwindling. With just one treatment plant functioning, Nashvillians have been asked to conserve water but they aren't conserving enough according to Scott Potter, Director of Metro Water Services.

For comparison's sake: Last year at this time, with two treatment plants operating at full capacity, Nashvillians used 81.64 million gallons of water, according to Potter. Yesterday, with just one plant functioning, Nashvillians used 79.33 million gallons.

Old
05-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

I'm sure a lot of that was from cleanup efforts, but I'm trying to do my part. I haven't washed clothes since Saturday and I'm sure my washing machine thinks I'm mad at it. Washing dishes has been more of a challenge, particularly at the office where we have no dishwasher. Can't just hide them in there til the water supply is okay.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I saw a Wal-mart with its sprinklers on

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

City Paper claims the reserves are rising

Quote:
Metro’s water reserve is now operating at 50 percent capacity, but it’s not because Nashvillians are conserving.

The capacity had previously dipped from 64 percent to a low of 37 percent.

Old
05-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
I just took them off my list of companies to do business with ... geez

Old
05-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
Was that in Metro?

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 02:27 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Define irony I have friends in Hamilton, yes that Hamilton, and I'm convincing them to come down to Nashville to give tourist dollars during the hockey season. They are also convincing their friends to come down because once the (Lack of) media attention fades away, there will still be cleaning up to do and tourist dollars are going to help a lot.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Cost of flood damages to exceed $1 billion

Old
05-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Ludwig Fell Down

Folks,

I just wanted to add a note to say good luck and God bless. We had major flooding about a month ago in MA but nothing nearly as severe as this.

Best of luck to all.

LFD

Ludwig Fell Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 03:45 PM
predfan98

Montgomery and Dyer County added to FEMA disaster list for federal govt..

Bredesen just on news conference. Thank you Governor and former mayor for your committment to public service. I'm not a Democrat, but I support this man.... When you're good, you're good, I don't care what party you hang your hat on..............

Last edited by predfan98: 05-05-2010 at 03:46 PM. Reason: adding.
predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
Montgomery and Dyer County added to FEMA disaster list for federal govt..

Bredesen just on news conference. Thank you Governor and former mayor for your committment to public service. I'm not a Democrat, but I support this man.... When you're good, you're good, I don't care what party you hang your hat on..............
agreed

Old
05-05-2010, 04:20 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Kind in mind that Saturday is the collection day for Second Harvest Food Bank. Just put canned goods and non-perishables in your mail box so your mail carrier can pick them up. All food stays within your community.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 06:01 PM
LarmerAmonteSeabrook

My thoughts go out to all of you from Chicago! Are the water lines beginning to recede yet?

LarmerAmonteSeabrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 06:23 PM
jlsg

Water is beginning to stay where it belongs. The whole situation has been surreal to say the least. Now comes the cleanup. Hopefully things will be back to normal by next hockey season, then we will be having a word with your Hawks. For what it's worth I'm pulling for you guys.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 07:51 PM
token grinder

guy on my hockey team had a cousin and his wife pass away in this. they live in riverside plantation. their car flipped and filled with water. sad

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Oh yeah, also.

We set up my store, Guitar Center, as a drop off point for Second Harvest as well as a donation point for the American Red Cross. If you don't know of another drop-off point or how else to make a donation that will apply directly to this particular relief effort, you can always go there. 721 Thompson Lane, 37204. It's at 100 Oaks Shopping/Vanderbilt Health Center right off 65.

If you do stop by, feel free to say hello if you want. My name is Ethan. You can ask for me at the front.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote