HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"I apologize for questioning you Dean Lombardi"

Old
05-03-2010, 11:07 PM
Maynard

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... Well, as for your second point, I did post in the "rate Murray and Lombardi" thread like a lot of people, and specifically pointed out the areas where he did well and did poorly.

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2...6&postcount=19

And I'm pretty sure I complimented the Modin pickup. Here that is.

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2...7&postcount=89

As for your "player V management" point ... how many of those have really occured -- Cammalleri? Blake? So ... two, I guess? Whatever, guilty as charged; Dean's 0 for 2 in my view. Unless you count Johnson too? Should I bash Johnson because Lombardi talked **** on his college program? Probably not, huh?
You win. Enjoy the game.

Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 11:08 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Man, you will give your tickets to anybody. First, to Canuck fans during the playoffs (yeah, bet you thought we wouldn't nice huh?) and now this...
If TicketMaster had a "no Canucks fans" option I would have selected it. Besides, the Kings were supposed to WIN that game. Stop bringing up bad memories. I was sick that night too.

JT's received tickets from me before... hard as it may be to believe.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 11:16 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
... Well, as for your second point, I did post in the "rate Murray and Lombardi" thread like a lot of people, and specifically pointed out the areas where he did well and did poorly.

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2...6&postcount=19
A C grade isn't exactly praise, but this one...

Quote:
And I'm pretty sure I complimented the Modin pickup. Here that is.

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2...7&postcount=89
That's some solid praise right there.

You missed an easy one:

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2...7&postcount=21

Close enough. 2 positive posts (and one "meh") out of ~65 where you specifically mention Lombardi by name isn't too bad.

See... I came up with a contest you could win... and it only took you 30 minutes. That's a pretty good time.

Quote:
As for your "player V management" point ... how many of those have really occured -- Cammalleri? Blake? So ... two, I guess? Whatever, guilty as charged
That quote alone was worth the tickets. Enjoy the game.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 11:30 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
...meh, if I don't get the tickets, why would I help? And the Hawks just made it interesting...
Sydor25 is a team player, just like Cammalleri.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 01:50 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
So I can expect that in the 2012 playoffs Sydor25 will really help his team, eh?

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 01:51 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

You know JT, if you sit in Tony's seats, you actually have to listen to me for three whole periods. Still want em?

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 06:32 PM
mrbrett7

Quote:
... LOL. Whatever man. I've pointed out Lombardi's good moves as well as his bad ones, whereas I've never heard you criticize the man at all. It's pretty sad that you and others have to resort to tired DeanSpin like "Cammalleri didn't want to play here, he wanted this amount, and that amount, and he's greedy, and he's selfish" when it was obvious to anyone watching objectively or anyone who wasn't a Kings fan that Lombardi simply didn't want Cammalleri here. And now, what you see is a player who's shoving Lombardi's assessment of him right back down his throat. Cover your eyes and your ears if it bothers you.

And your comment of how a team tied 1-1 and going home in the second round "isn't winning a cup this season or the near future" shows pretty clearly just how little you know about how the playoffs work. The Canadiens have a hot goalie and a hot goal scorer, and they just knocked off the top seed in their conference. Their chances are as strong as anyone's to win it all, and it's sad that despite your years of watching the game, you can't or won't believe that.

Question...how did Mr. October do for Calgary, in the playoffs, when he was most needed? I'll answer for you, he was a ghost.

He is having a great playoff year, indeed. Even a broken watch is right twice a day.

mrbrett7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 06:34 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

So when does Luke step into the GM job...

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 06:39 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsnsoldiers View Post
So when does Luke step into the GM job...
If we are lucky Luc will be the Kings' GM when hell freezes over.

And I love Luc.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 06:40 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbrett7 View Post
Question...how did Mr. October do for Calgary, in the playoffs, when he was most needed? I'll answer for you, he was a ghost.

He is having a great playoff year, indeed. Even a broken watch is right twice a day.
... It's pretty unfair and an over-simplification to judge a player on his first-ever experience in the playoffs. You could make an argument that Calgary wouldn't have made the playoffs that season if it weren't for Cammalleri's performance, so it's more fair to say they needed him all season.

To make an example, I'm not the biggest backer of Jonathan Quick's, but just because his first playoffs was a rough experience doesn't mean he won't be able to look toward better times. In fact, he will almost certainly improve, given his youth and given that his playing time is normally regulated.

The fact of the matter is that a few guys are clearly carrying Montreal in these playoffs, and after Halak, no one is doing more on that team than Cammalleri is. That's the sign of a gamer, whether you want to give him credit for that or not.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 06:48 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
That quote alone was worth the tickets. Enjoy the game.
... Thanks, Tony. Very generous of you to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
You know JT, if you sit in Tony's seats, you actually have to listen to me for three whole periods. Still want em?
... Actually, you'd be surprised at how I am at a game; I'm probably more laid back than most. It's difficult to convey tone on message boards and I'm not one to post "I agree" all the time, so I only post when I disagree or take issue with others. I'm sure if we watched a game, we would agree on a lot of things and see the game in the same way, and I'm always open to the opportunity of going to games with people who -- above all -- care passionately about the game and about the Kings.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I'm all about the money...

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 03:03 PM
mrbrett7

Quote:
... It's pretty unfair and an over-simplification to judge a player on his first-ever experience in the playoffs. You could make an argument that Calgary wouldn't have made the playoffs that season if it weren't for Cammalleri's performance, so it's more fair to say they needed him all season.

To make an example, I'm not the biggest backer of Jonathan Quick's, but just because his first playoffs was a rough experience doesn't mean he won't be able to look toward better times. In fact, he will almost certainly improve, given his youth and given that his playing time is normally regulated.

The fact of the matter is that a few guys are clearly carrying Montreal in these playoffs, and after Halak, no one is doing more on that team than Cammalleri is. That's the sign of a gamer, whether you want to give him credit for that or not.
Okay, so where was he when the Kings needed him, post Christmas? Where was he when the Flames needed him, post Christmas (look up the numbers).

I have no problem with the guy, but let's be honest, the man is a dime a dozen player in the NHL, who if your going to pay someone 6 million per year, that money can sure as hell be better spent on far better YEAR AROUND performers, not to mention players that teammates actually like and get along with.

mrbrett7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 05:31 PM
The VEGASKING
#1 fan

Send a message via AIM to The VEGASKING Send a message via Yahoo to The VEGASKING
Quote:
(look up the numbers).
Maybe you should have done this before making that post, guy.

08/09: 54 points in 48 games. 3 points +1 in the playoffs. Iginla 4 points -4.

07/08: 18 points in 27 games. He picked up his injury on 12/22. Out until 02/05. An injury suffered sticking up for a teammate by the way.

06/07: 51 points in 44 games.

72 points in 75 post Christmas games just counting the last 2 seasons. Even better than a PPG if you add in 06/07.

Last edited by The VEGASKING: 05-07-2010 at 05:36 PM.
The VEGASKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 05:33 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Cammy is most certainly not a dime a dozen. His shot is of the rare variety.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Kovalchuk is still better.

Old
05-07-2010, 06:00 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Duh.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 06:04 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
And more expensive.

Who's the better value? Cammy @ 6 mil or Kovy @ 8 mil?

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
And more expensive.

Kovalchuk

Old
05-07-2010, 07:44 PM
hauspaint
what? Kings WON?!

Quote:
I have no problem with the guy, but let's be honest, the man is a dime a dozen player in the NHL, who if your going to pay someone 6 million per year, that money can sure as hell be better spent on far better YEAR AROUND performers, not to mention players that teammates actually like and get along with.
like Blake?

hauspaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
And more expensive.

But see, Kovy at 8 is speculation. Fair speculation, but speculation nonetheless.

I counter with this--who's the better value? Cammy at 6 million, or Kovy at 6.8 million?

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 03:09 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
But see, Kovy at 8 is speculation. Fair speculation, but speculation nonetheless.

I counter with this--who's the better value? Cammy at 6 million, or Kovy at 6.8 million?
I just cant's why anyone who's watched Kovlachuk (other than highlights) would want him?

Those 40-50 goals have only come with the offense being directed to him, and directing an offense though Kovalchuk has apparent results with apparent benefits - to Kovalchuk. Isn't that right Ovy?

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 03:11 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
We are built differently than most teams and we can't score 5 on 5 to save our lives. We need that superstar to guarantee pucks in the net. A 50 goal scorer can't hurt. In the end, I don't care who we get that much, as long as he puts pucks in the net, but Kovalchuk is without a doubt on the top of my list. His pedigree is unmistakable.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 03:20 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
We are built differently than most teams and we can't score 5 on 5 to save our lives. We need that superstar to guarantee pucks in the net. A 50 goal scorer can't hurt. In the end, I don't care who we get that much, as long as he puts pucks in the net, but Kovalchuk is without a doubt on the top of my list. His pedigree is unmistakable.

His pedigree sucks.

I want to win. **** stats. Stats are for people who aren't smart enough or can't figure out how to watch the game.

If you run ALL of the offense through one person, that's what you're going to see. So don't run it through Kovlachuk? Well, expect to be paying a 40 goal scorer (that's all he'll bring too, those 40 goals) 10 million a year: A one dimensional scorer. He's only got two tricks when he scores too! "But they're damn good". Okay. Let's cut his shot totals by about 100 and see what happens.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 03:32 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
His pedigree sucks.

I want to win. **** stats. Stats are for people who aren't smart enough or can't figure out how to watch the game.

If you run ALL of the offense through one person, that's what you're going to see. So don't run it through Kovlachuk? Well, expect to be paying a 40 goal scorer (that's all he'll bring too, those 40 goals) 10 million a year: A one dimensional scorer. He's only got two tricks when he scores too! "But they're damn good". Okay. Let's cut his shot totals by about 100 and see what happens.
Kovalchuk is a winner. He has swagger and cockiness and will do whatever it takes to win the game. This makes him out to be a less than stellar teammate, but it can also make him a very powerful leader by example and an emotional booster. Our locker room can handle it now and I think it is time we added that one dimensional player that devastates our opponent and strikes fear into the hearts of their goaltender and defenders.

We need a finisher. We need someone who can be counted on to score consistently. This team lacks one thing and one thing only. Consistency. Who better to teach them that than Kovalchuk? The guy went to the Devils and still put up PPG numbers, even in the playoffs.

Goal scorers make money. That is it. Everyone else be damned. If you put the puck in the net in today's NHL, you get the money. Doughty could be the next Bobby Orr and win 3 Norris trophies in a row and he will never earn as much as Crosby or Ovechkin. That is how the salary structure works. If you wanted to make money, you had to make sure you were a forward from youth on. Goals win games. The money isn't exactly wasted and can have a positive rippling effect amongst the entire team.

Kovalchuk is without a doubt one of the top 3 most talented goal scorers on the planet right now. Lombardi has had an eye on him for a couple of years now. There is promise there... It is far from likely, but it is certainly possible.

We need this again:

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote