HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Gregson defends his boys

Old
05-06-2010, 12:09 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglepride View Post
Because I'm a DRW fan?

But the Red Wings are probably in on the hoax, right?
I mean, it's a business. Let's be realistic. They're all in it for the money. And there's a lot of money at stake. Even the players. The more revenue, the higher their salaries. So the Wings players are obviously not trying because they realize a SJ vs Pittsburgh series will make most money for the NHL and therefore themselves.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 08:29 AM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
If they're going to lose the series anyway (and that's nearly a metaphysical certainty), I would almost rather have them lose it tonight just to screw the NHL out of their precious Wings Sunday Afternoon Game, and all the money they would have made off of it.

Bastids.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:18 AM
HockeyinHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
But the Red Wings are probably in on the hoax, right?
I mean, it's a business. Let's be realistic. They're all in it for the money. And there's a lot of money at stake. Even the players. The more revenue, the higher their salaries. So the Wings players are obviously not trying because they realize a SJ vs Pittsburgh series will make most money for the NHL and therefore themselves.
In what universe would anyone believe that SJ would generate more revenue for the NHL than Detroit would?

HockeyinHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:23 AM
HockeyinHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
If they're going to lose the series anyway (and that's nearly a metaphysical certainty), I would almost rather have them lose it tonight just to screw the NHL out of their precious Wings Sunday Afternoon Game, and all the money they would have made off of it.

Bastids.
This is (one of the reasons) why I will never be a coach.

What I would do is for the next game when the Wings were scheduled to face the Pens, something Bettman will surely try and get nationally televised, I'd no-show the game. Embarrass the league, scorch the earth, etc.

Barring that, I'd bench as many of the good players as I could under the roster rules and ice AHL'ers instead. Then, in the post-game when people ask why you did that I'd say, 'Well, there wasn't really much point in putting the guys out there, so we figured it'd be a good chance to get a day of rest for some of our vets', and leave it at that.

If pressed, I'd refer all questions to Gary Bettman. 'Ask him, he seems to have all the answers.'

HockeyinHD is offline   Reply With Quote