HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

The importance of good centers

Old
05-06-2010, 02:54 PM
nystromshairstylist
Puck control master

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
What I find frustrating about the whole thing is that the new adult players have no idea on how to be a good wing, defenseman, center, or goaltender. I mean it's easy for a lot of you cause you have played all your life, but we have to learn bit by bit by either watching hockey on T.V or getting yelled at by more experience players on your team.
In scrimmages in my beginner's clinic, I usually play center, as the coaches there assign actual positions and expect people to stay in their zone, especially on defense.

Even when playing wing I always haul a$$ to get back on "D", something I learned from B-ball: you MUST get back on D to stop easy scores going the other way.

nystromshairstylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by nystromshairstylist View Post
In scrimmages in my beginner's clinic, I usually play center, as the coaches there assign actual positions and expect people to stay in their zone, especially on defense.

Even when playing wing I always haul a$$ to get back on "D", something I learned from B-ball: you MUST get back on D to stop easy scores going the other way.
Yah the only problem I have with doing that Nystrom, is that I am out of gas after going back as fast as I can cause our defense is slow. So I end up burnin all my energy within three, four, shifts =/

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote