Notices

Answers to the Big Questions...?

Old
05-06-2010, 06:44 PM
se7en
infamous...

vCash: 500
Answers to the Big Questions...?

This is a total "I'm bored at work thread" but I am really interested in what you think the answers to these questions are.. Please answer as many as possible and please comment on any that you have an opinion on... This is obviosly going to be opinion based only but I'm curious to see what expectations (& hopes) you guys have for this coming season.

Also, it will be fun to dig this up at this time next season & see how far off we were... Consider this like a time capsule!
(Copy & paste if that makes it easier to answer, most can be yes or no answers if you want)

The questions

1) Will PMB be back on the ice to start (or close to the start of) next season?
1a) If yes, will he have lost a step?

2) Will Latendresse prove that this year in Minnesota wasn't a fluke? Or in other words will he put up even better numbers next season?

3) Will Brent Burns return to his old self & be the crushing blue-liner he was a few years ago?

4) Will Martin Havlat look more like he did in his last season in Chicago or will he have another disapointing season with the Wild next year?

5) Will we still have Josh Harding by the start of next season? Or how about by the trade deadline?

6) Will the Wild have another full season of "sell-outs" to keep the streak alive?

7) Will the Wild make the Play-offs in 2010-2011?
7a) If yes, what seat do you think they'll earn?

8) Will the Wild have a better road record next season?
8a) Will the Wild finally break the curse & win a road game in Dallas?
haha

9) Take the Over / Under - More or less short-handed goals against us next season? haha

10) Will the Wild still have James Sheppard by this time next season?
10a) Over/under - Will he break 6 points next season regardless of where he is playing?

11) Will we still have Derek Boogaard by this time next season?

12) Do you expect to be happy with Fletcher's off season & regular season moves, deals & drafting by this time next year...?

Feel Free to add questions! Enjoy!

se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 06:58 PM
se7en
infamous...

My Answers...

Yes & Yes.. I think he'll make it back sometime in October or November but I think he'll have a rough season... A year is a long time to be gone..

2) Will Latendresse prove that this year in Minnesota wasn't a fluke? Or in other words will he put up even better numbers next season?

I'll say Yes because I really hope so... It's so nice when you have a goal scorer on your team. I really hope he keeps getting better & better.

3) Will Brent Burns return to his old self & be the crushing blue-liner he was a few years ago?

I think he'll still be missing a part of his old self but I think he'll have a solid & complete season for us.

4) Will Martin Havlat look more like he did in his last season in Chicago or will he have another disapointing season with the Wild next year?

I don't think he'll be MVP but I think he'll definitly step it up more but I'm nervous about injuries... I just hope he doesn't have a great start to the season just to be injured later... High hopes there...

5) Will we still have Josh Harding by the start of next season? Or how about by the trade deadline?

I think we'll lose Harding on draft day but who knows... I've said that the last 2 seasons.. haha

6) Will the Wild have another full season of "sell-outs" to keep the streak alive?

I think the wild faithful will fill the place at least one more year, it may be hard though if we have another horrid start to the season...

I'll say yes, but I think if anything we squeeze in at the 7th or 8th seat at best..

8a) Will the Wild finally break the curse & win a road game in Dallas?haha

I sure hope so! It's hard to do any worse, so Yes, and Yes. We gotta beat them in big D sooner or later!

9) Take the Over / Under - More or less short-handed goals against us next season? haha

For the love of god I hope under! but I'm not getting my hopes up! haha

10a) Over/under - Will he break 6 points next season regardless of where he is playing?

No & Yes. I think he gets sent somewhere during the summer & I think he'll do at least somewhat better elsewhere...

No, I think the Wild finally part ways with the big guy... I'll miss him but he's not useful to us right now...

12) Do you expect to be happy with Fletcher's off season & regular season moves, deals & drafting by this time next year...?

I think so... I've been pleased so far & right now Fletcher has my trust & given his current situation I don't see how he can really make us any worse...

Last edited by se7en: 05-06-2010 at 07:01 PM. Reason: spelling
se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Dr Jan Itor

1. Absolutely no clue. Predicting concussions is very, very, very hard

2. Yes. Full year with Havlat + (hopefully) a somewhat legit #2 center will get it done

3. No, but he'll be better than this year, maybe a notch or two below what he's capable of. I think he comes all the way back in 2011

4. See #2 above

5. Yes and yes

6. Yes, but only on paper

7. No

8. Yes

9. Push

10. Yes, he gets 20. Wait, what did I just say?

11. Yes, but I hope not

12. Yes, as long as he doesn't take Forbert or Bjugstad at #9

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 10:37 PM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post

No.

No, the stats go against his numbers staying the same, let alone going up. I expect things to go down for Gui.

Likely not. It's been a long time since he was playing well.

4) Will Martin Havlat look more like he did in his last season in Chicago or will he have another disappointing season with the Wild next year?
More like Chicago.

5) Will we still have Josh Harding by the start of next season?
Yes.

No. We'll struggle and the stupid steak will end. In fact part of me can't wait till its over so we can quit talking about it.

No.

Can't get much worse, so probably. Dallas = no.

9) Take the Over / Under - More or less short-handed goals against us next season?
Less. Can't get much worse.

No.

No.

No.
Negativity translates to positivity from me.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 08:18 AM
BigT2002

Seems like a Days of Our Lives episode!

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I haven't heard that he's made any progress at all, so I'll say if he comes back, it will be halfway through the season or later, and I think he'll look quite a bit out of sync for most of the year because of the injury (not playing hockey for 18 months) as well as the new system and personnel.

I don't think he'll put up the 40-50 goal pace he sustained for much of the year, but I'll say he puts up 30 goals.

Barring injury, yes, he will look fantastic, get 15 goals, and lead the team in minutes played.

Havlat will look just as good as he did post-injury and put up a pace of 25 goals and 75 points...if he doesn't get injured again.

No, he will be traded this summer.

No, the sell-out streak will end.

No, they will miss the playoffs and finish around 10th.

haha

Better than last year, yes. I will say they beat Dallas this year at home.

Less, can't get any worse.

If the Wild do keep Sheppard, he will be in Houston, but it's likely he is traded or picked up off waivers.

Yes, the Wild will give him a 1- or 2-year deal because the rest of the team will be so lousy they need an attraction.

I think Fletcher will have a strong draft and make at least two trades that impact the Wild roster, but I can't see him getting a big time player in return. I think he will try and pick up players with high risk/reward.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 01:46 PM
saywut

No, hopefully he retires.

20 goals would be nice, 30 would be great. He overachieved a little IMO but he looked good playing with Havlat when the Koivu line was drawing shutdown units.

Well he was never that good to begin with. He should be easily the best d-man we have now that Johnsson is gone, but I'm not sure he is.

Didn't really disappoint me. Was a contract year his last in Chi-town and he battled injuries, while struggling to find chemistry until Latendresse came in.

Hopefully. Backstrom needs competition/rest, and Khudobin isn't going to take many starts away. And no team would crown him their #1, so your looking at a mediocre return and a slightly improved opportunity for him if you do trade him.

Meaningless stat to me.

No, then again its a crapshoot after a couple of teams. If they do its 6-8th seed.

haha

Depends if Todd Richards and his staff improve their decision making.

9) Take the Over / Under - More or less short-handed goals against us next season?

More if PMB comes back and they use him at the point, less if they take Havlat off the point, about the same if all things stay the same.

Assuming he gets regular game-action I see Sheppard getting 20-40 points next season. But I don't see him getting regular game-action with us, like Pouliot didn't. If the right deal comes up he's gone.

Hopefully not, he's a detriment to the team.

Not happy, maybe disappointed. He drafted Leddy then gave him away, so he has to improve drafting which seems to have started with the firing of Thompson. As for FA, just don't bother with anything longer than 1 year with anyone. Koivu extension is the #1 priority.

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 02:32 PM
mnwildgophers

The questions

I can see him back next year, but I'm sure he will have lost a step, you can't just sit out for a year and come back and be great, it will take a while.

I think he will score about 30 goals and maybe have like 20-30 assists. He won't score 40 goals I don't think.

I think he will rebound this next year and look great. I think he'll play great and be our best D-man.

He will look like his old Chicago self, put up around 70-80 points and hopefully start shooting more!

He will get traded at the draft as part of package deal?

It will end, hopefully the will shut up about it hten.

BOLD PREDICTION: Yes, #7 seed.

haha
Yes, they'll win in Dallas and win more on the road this year.

Less, can't get much worse than it was last year.

He will break 6 points, but barely, however, his totals for falling over will skyrocket. He will either be in Houston or another team.

Probably, but I'm hoping not.

I hope to be. I hope there is plenty of moves to critique, I think we will have a strong draft.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 09:25 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

The questions

No. He's got a long road ahead, especially if he hasn't been able to work out for nearly a year.

Yes. I think he's got 40 potential, and he's the kind of forward that Martin Havlat needs.

Yes, we saw it at season's end, and the World Championships should go a long way in helping him continue to come around.

It depends on who we get to center his line. If you look at the centers he's had success with, off hand, Kyle Brodziak and Dave Bolland- both are gritty, workman-like pivots (althought Bolland has more talent than Brodziak.) Hence, he needs a guy who will create time and space for him to operate.

He'll probably be dealt, but I don't think he'll get a huge return. That being said, the return could be used to get a bigger return. But, he shouldn't be dealt for the sake of being dealt.

Its a deceiving figure; sellouts are tickets distributed, not butts in seats. I don't know what the sellout figure is- I don't think its 18,568 because I've been to sellouts with 17,000+...but in reality, there are 16,500 tickets bought and spoke for already (season ticket holders i.e. my dumb ass) so they only really have to distribute roughly 1500-2000 more. Its just a marketing campaign.

Yes. Anywhere from 5-8. Although, I think that only Colorado and Vancouver stand in the way of a division championship.

haha

They had roughly a .500 record after September, so yes. And yes they will finally win in Dallas.

Less, but not by much. When you have this kind of system, then that's an inevitable by product.

Ooooooh tough one. No.

Yes, because he'll have more playing time, whether its in Houston or somewhere else.

Nope. We won't have him July 4th either.

Yes. But someone will probably be irritated that we didn't take all Minnesotan high schoolers, and that we didn't sign free agent Minnesotans, and that we didn't trade for Minnesotans.

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote