Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden

the official SEL thread (season 04-05)

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2005, 04:44 AM
Art Vandelay

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
Which team will make the playoffs ? (A=Away, H=Home)

Luleå HF 47 137:152 -15 58
Games: Malmö (H), Brynäs (A), Södertälje (H)

Södertälje SK 47 120:137 -17 57
Games: Mora (H), Färjestad (H), Luleå (A)

Mora IK 47 142:163 -21 57
Games: Södertälje (A), Frölunda (A), Brynäs (H)

HV 71 47 121:151 -30 57
Games: Frölunda (H), Modo (A), Linköping (H)

Last edited by Art Vandelay: 02-22-2005 at 02:28 PM.
Old
02-22-2005, 05:00 AM
Riddarn
1980-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonde 007
Wick team will make the playoffs ? (A=Away, H=Home)

Luleå HF 47 137:152 -15 58
Games: Malmö (H), Brynäs (A), Södertälje (H)

Södertälje SK 46 120:130 -10 57
Games: Timrå (A), Mora (H), Färjestad (H), Luleå (A)

Mora IK 46 141:159 -18 57
Games: Linköping (H), Södertälje (A), Frölunda (A), Brynäs (H)

HV 71 47 121:151 -30 57
Games: Frölunda (H), Modo (A), Linköping (H)

Luleå have only three games left, but they are strong at home and should win at least two of their remaining games. So I think they are in.

Södertälje has a real tough schedule and just because I believe in tradition, I say they end up 9th.

HV71 and Mora have both pretty tough schedules. I think HV71 takes the last spot because they are more experienced than Mora. However I will be keeping my fingers crossed for SSK to finally win that 8th spot.

Old
02-24-2005, 03:49 PM
Art Vandelay

Which teams will make the playoffs ? (A=Away, H=Home) (Update)

7:Södertälje SK 48 123:138 -15 60
Games: Färjestad (H), Luleå (A)

8: Luleå HF 48 139:154 -15 59
Games: Brynäs (A), Södertälje (H)

-----------------------------------------------

9: Mora IK 48 143:166 -23 57
Games: Frölunda (A), Brynäs (H)

10:HV 71 48 122:154 -32 57
Games: Modo (A), Linköping (H)

Old
02-24-2005, 04:35 PM
GoGoHuselius

Send a message via ICQ to GoGoHuselius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonde 007
Which teams will make the playoffs ? (A=Away, H=Home) (Update)

7:Södertälje SK 48 123:138 -15 60
Games: Färjestad (H), Luleå (A)

8: Luleå HF 48 139:154 -15 59
Games: Brynäs (A), Södertälje (H)

9: Mora IK 48 143:166 -23 57
Games: Frölunda (A), Brynäs (H)

10:HV 71 48 122:154 -32 57
Games: Modo (A), Linköping (H)
GoGo's prediction:

7: Luleå HF 65 points
Games: beats Brynäs (A), beats Södertälje (H)

8:Södertälje SK 63 points
Games: beats Färjestad (H), loses to Luleå (A)

9: Mora IK 58 points
Games: loses to Frölunda (A), ties Brynäs (H)

10:HV 71 57 points
Games: loses to Modo (A), loses to Linköping (H)

Old
02-26-2005, 05:13 PM
Art Vandelay

Which team will make the playoff ? (A=Away, H=Home) (Update (Last one))

8: Södertälje SK 49 124:140 -16 60
Game: Luleå (A)
----------------------------------
9: Mora IK 49 146:170 -24 58
Game: Brynäs (H)

Old
02-26-2005, 06:23 PM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
I think Mora will take the last spot, SSK are usually weak in these situations and they will loose against Luleå while Mora only has to beat Brynäs, sorry SSK.

Old
02-27-2005, 02:09 AM
NeoCanuck

Send a message via AIM to NeoCanuck Send a message via MSN to NeoCanuck
Can someone keep me updated on Brendan Morrison? I am crazy about how good he's doing over there.

Old
03-01-2005, 04:30 AM
Seiza

Send a message via ICQ to Seiza
TV4 Norrland has reported that Per Ledin has signed a contract with Färjestad. Ledin himself denies it. Quiet the checking line FBK could have with Kåberg-Steen-Ledin.

Old
03-01-2005, 04:33 AM
Riddarn
1980-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiza
TV4 Norrland has reported that Per Ledin has signed a contract with Färjestad. Ledin himself denies it. Quiet the checking line FBK could have with Kåberg-Steen-Ledin.
Which Steen would that be? I hope Bäcker and maybe both Fredrik Eriksson and Oscar Steen look for other teams to play in next year, because Färjestad will never give them a fair chance to play hockey as long as they have money enough to sign well established talent.

Old
03-01-2005, 05:54 AM
Seiza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddarn
Which Steen would that be? I hope Bäcker and maybe both Fredrik Eriksson and Oscar Steen look for other teams to play in next year, because Färjestad will never give them a fair chance to play hockey as long as they have money enough to sign well established talent.
I meant Calle Steen.

And I agree with you on Bäcker and Eriksson. None of them will ever get a real chance in FBK. Oscar will probably get his chance next season, if he can prove himself he will be on the team. I'm impressed by Färjestad's way to waste talent, I wonder what Bäcker could have becomed if he played in any other SEL team.

Old
03-01-2005, 11:34 AM
Riddarn
1980-2011

Quote:
I meant Calle Steen.

And I agree with you on Bäcker and Eriksson. None of them will ever get a real chance in FBK. Oscar will probably get his chance next season, if he can prove himself he will be on the team. I'm impressed by Färjestad's way to waste talent, I wonder what Bäcker could have becomed if he played in any other SEL team.
I don't know about Bäcker, he seemed to be breaking out but seems to have stagnated completly. Färjestads record of developing players has been pretty bad. Besides Berglund, what do they really have to show for the last years? And have they ever produced a decent goalie? But then again this is pretty normal for any club that has money to spend. .

Old
03-01-2005, 03:05 PM
Robertsson 4-ever

Send a message via ICQ to Robertsson 4-ever
Another two assists tonight by Robert Nilsson, and Wikegård said after the game Nilsson have imporved his defensive play. And nice to see him still get the chance even though Johansson, Thoresen and Czerkawski was back in the lineup.

Old
03-02-2005, 04:02 AM
Seiza

Quote:
I don't know about Bäcker, he seemed to be breaking out but seems to have stagnated completly.
I believe Bäcker could have been pretty good if he had been given a proper chance and some responsibility

Quote:
Färjestads record of developing players has been pretty bad. Besides Berglund, what do they really have to show for the last years?
Nobody besides Berglund really. Frögren and Wallin has been pretty good but they are no stars. Huselius was Färjestad's player during the early years but it was with Frölunda he had his breakthrough.

Quote:
And have they ever produced a decent goalie? But then again this is pretty normal for any club that has money to spend. .
No, they haven't. And yes it's all about the money..

Old
03-02-2005, 06:36 AM
Ola

Quote:
I believe Bäcker could have been pretty good if he had been given a proper chance and some responsibility

Nobody besides Berglund really. Frögren and Wallin has been pretty good but they are no stars. Huselius was Färjestad's player during the early years but it was with Frölunda he had his breakthrough.

No, they haven't. And yes it's all about the money..
I am not a big fan of what Färjestad has accomplished the last 10 years or so. They don't care one iota about Swedish hockey ect. Their sole goal is to be as competetive as possible in the end.

I've been able to follow Finnish hockey quit closely growing up practically on the "border". The Finnish Hockey Accosiation have been able to set guidelines in all areas to keep finnish hockey competetive. When they felt they needed a closed league they got a closed league. Two times the last 10 years they have set up directives what system should be played in Finnish hockey, the first time they brought in Curre and a big majority of the club teams followed. Now they tried to speed up the tempo and plays a straigther more physical hockey, and all teams in SM-liiga plays that way. They gather practically all coaches in the country in meetings on a regular basis and everyone is loyal ect. They decided that all clubs should have atleast one licenced goaltender coach and it have payed of tremendously.

Taking initiative like that in Swedish hockey is impossible with assh-o-l-es like Färjestad in power.

Old
03-03-2005, 04:20 PM
BJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
I am not a big fan of what Färjestad has accomplished the last 10 years or so. They don't care one iota about Swedish hockey ect. Their sole goal is to be as competetive as possible in the end.

I've been able to follow Finnish hockey quit closely growing up practically on the "border". The Finnish Hockey Accosiation have been able to set guidelines in all areas to keep finnish hockey competetive. When they felt they needed a closed league they got a closed league. Two times the last 10 years they have set up directives what system should be played in Finnish hockey, the first time they brought in Curre and a big majority of the club teams followed. Now they tried to speed up the tempo and plays a straigther more physical hockey, and all teams in SM-liiga plays that way. They gather practically all coaches in the country in meetings on a regular basis and everyone is loyal ect. They decided that all clubs should have atleast one licenced goaltender coach and it have payed of tremendously.

Taking initiative like that in Swedish hockey is impossible with assh-o-l-es like Färjestad in power.

Blablablabla and some more blablabla... And which "helylleförening" do you cheer fore may I ask...? Luleå is it...?

Closed Thread