HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hartnell at the draft

Old
05-06-2010, 10:18 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

vCash: 500
Hartnell at the draft

To Philly

Kevin Bieksa + 3rd rounder 2010

To Vancouver

Scott Hartnell

Am I the only one here who would jump on this deal in a second ? I feel it's pretty realistic besides maybe the 3rd.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 05-06-2010 at 11:18 PM.
SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 10:21 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

What would you say if it was:

To Philly:

Bieksa, Schneider, 3rd and another pick

To Vancouver:

Hartnell, Parent

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 10:23 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
What would you say if it was:

To Philly:

Bieksa, Schneider, 3rd and another pick

To Vancouver:

Hartnell, Parent

Old
05-06-2010, 10:35 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain richie18 View Post
I honestly think its possible.

Old
05-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Bryz4shiz

I'd do either of those deals in an instant.

Bryz4shiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:04 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Sorry, I need to drink more antifreeze before I think either of those deals is possible.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Cuiff

In order to trade Hartnell, the Flyers will need to include a high draft pick just to recieve a 6th or 7th rounder...I believe!

Cuiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:14 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain richie18 View Post
To Philly

Kevin Bieksa + 3rd rounder 2010

To Los Angeles

Scott Hartnell

Am I the only one here who would jump on this deal in a second ? I feel it's pretty realistic besides maybe the 3rd.
I am kinda tired, but im 99% sure Kevin Bieksa plays for the Canucks, not the Kings...

(I know what you meant but still lol)

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:21 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Sorry, I need to drink more antifreeze before I think either of those deals is possible.

This made me laugh. Probably cause I feel the same way.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:31 PM
clodejirew

i seriously doubt they will be able to unload hartnell and his ridiculous contract. I mean who would want him for 4mil or whatever he is making? He doesn't even look like he can skate anymore. He just seems to flop around the ice nowadays. Most likely he will be back next season, but maybe a long off season will help him find his game again.

clodejirew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:39 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post

This made me laugh. Probably cause I feel the same way.
I think you guys would be surprised as to how easy it might be to trade Hartnell for something of value. Sure he had an off year, but everyone knows what he is capable of when he is on his game. Perhaps he needs a change of scenery. Look what a change did to Latendresse and Pouliot.

Old
05-06-2010, 11:40 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
I don't think this would work for Vancouver. Bieksa comes off the books next year, and they already have over $27M tied up in Top 6 forwards (this is assuming that Grabner isn't yet).

I don't think the teams match up in terms of high-salary trades.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:50 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I don't think this would work for Vancouver. Bieksa comes off the books next year, and they already have over $27M tied up in Top 6 forwards (this is assuming that Grabner isn't yet).

I don't think the teams match up in terms of high-salary trades.
Well then Parent for Schneider and a pick would suffice.

Old
05-06-2010, 11:51 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I am kinda tired, but im 99% sure Kevin Bieksa plays for the Canucks, not the Kings...

(I know what you meant but still lol)

Woo lol wow that's bad. I created a Hartnell to LA proposal in the free agent threads that's why I put LA cause I have tried to think of deals for him to go there anyway, my bad lol.

Old
05-06-2010, 11:57 PM
Beastieboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
Well then Parent for Schneider and a pick would suffice.
I guess because I'm in Winnipeg (home of the Moose) I read a lot about Schneider. He has been incredible for them... they had a pretty bad team this year and he is the only reason they won games on most nights and made the play-offs. On a good team last season he took them to the finals. I think they will want more than Parent for him. I can't see any way they give him up and throw in a pick to get Parent. I would love if the Flyers could get him, I think he is ready for a shot at the NHL level. Nothing more to prove in the AHL.

Beastieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 12:06 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

I still think Hartnell goes to San Jose in the off season. They wanted him last year and I think they'll bite and get him this off season. I don't think it will mean Ryan Clowe, but I think it could result in a guy like Doug Murray coming the other way.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 12:18 AM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I still think Hartnell goes to San Jose in the off season. They wanted him last year and I think they'll bite and get him this off season. I don't think it will mean Ryan Clowe, but I think it could result in a guy like Doug Murray coming the other way.
That would be awesome based on the little I've seen of him, and what I've heard of him.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 12:41 AM
Flyerfan808

Answer me 2 questions then I might say yes:

1) Hartnell would waive his NTC because:

2) Vancouver is dying for an undisciplined, overpaid garbage man like Hartnell because:

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 12:52 AM
COMCASTMONEY
pay ya cable bills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastieboy View Post
I guess because I'm in Winnipeg (home of the Moose) I read a lot about Schneider. He has been incredible for them... they had a pretty bad team this year and he is the only reason they won games on most nights and made the play-offs. On a good team last season he took them to the finals. I think they will want more than Parent for him. I can't see any way they give him up and throw in a pick to get Parent. I would love if the Flyers could get him, I think he is ready for a shot at the NHL level. Nothing more to prove in the AHL.
Here's the conversation about trading for Schneider:

Homer: We want Schneider.

Gillis: OK, but he's real real good.

Homer: So is he your goalie of the future?

Gillis: Well, we have this other guy named Roberto...

Homer: OK, so what has everyone else offered?

Gillis: Nothing.

Homer: Thanks.

COMCASTMONEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 01:02 AM
Bort Sampson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I honestly think Hartnell's play this season has lowered his trade value significantly.

I think it'd take a lot of magic to get Murray for Hartnell.

Bort Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 02:26 AM
Slowbro

Now listen and go with me here for a second..

Luongo looked VERY bad many times this season and looked shaky countless others. There will be no denying that Luongo is a very, very good goalie and he has that monster deal but you also can't deny that he seems to lack focus very often and dare I say, even gets rattled easily. Why would the Canucks trade away their top goalie prospect for a scrub with low hair? Goalies are rare, Hartnell's are not.

Slowbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 09:33 AM
DUHockey9

You people thinking Hartnell is IMPOSSIBLE to move are delusional. Stop being so shortsighted. You can't base a guy's value on a single year. Last year, if someone asked about Hartnell's availability you would all say "he isn't available. He's too valuable." 30 goals, 30 assists, tough, chippy game.

His true value is somewhere between last year (his best year) and this year (his worst year). Stop basing everything on this year.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
You people thinking Hartnell is IMPOSSIBLE to move are delusional. Stop being so shortsighted. You can't base a guy's value on a single year. Last year, if someone asked about Hartnell's availability you would all say "he isn't available. He's too valuable." 30 goals, 30 assists, tough, chippy game.

His true value is somewhere between last year (his best year) and this year (his worst year). Stop basing everything on this year.
I think Flyers fans have every right to question Hartnell abilities. This is not just one year. This is 3 years where Scotty averaged at least 150 penalty minutes and this is his 3rd year among NHL leaders in minor penalties under two different coaches.

We all hoped that he would become a steady 55-60pts player and that’s why he received such a high contract (based on his potential). 43-44pts and one 60pts seasons is not getting it done considering the amount of penalties this guy takes. It's not like he is playing with chumps either. He is playing with decent hockey players like Richards and Carter and both are very good two way players too.

I would have no problem with Hartnell if he had a down year but was contributing in other areas. Physical play, drawing instead of taking penalties, playing good hard nosed hockey in both ends of the ice or contributing on PK, or trying to change a hockey outcome with fighting (like he did once against Avery). Doing all the things that Gagne is doing when he is not scoring (with exception of fighting). Scotty is below average when he drops his gloves too, I do not remember the last time Hartnell threw a really big hit that changed the outcome of the game or blocked a shot like Lappy was doing it. He ends up on his ass most of the time.

I am against just trading him or dumping him for nothing but if there is a good deal out there I would not mind at least considering it. I mean we do have a hole in our net this year and so far we have nothing for next year. Homer should be all over Hartnell making sure that this clown spends his summer working out, eating right and conditioning him.

He should cut his hair too. Tired of seeing him fixing that **** on every god damn shift or faceoff. Maybe thats why he does not see the puck.

Last edited by Kaktus*: 05-07-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 10:48 AM
captainpaxil

i think hatnell when hes not scoring brings enough to justify a roster spot though he could be cheaper. if he produces like last year hes an invaluable player whose rare combination of skills make even 4.2 mil a steal. im not against moving him but after sharp he may be the best forward on the block and id want value accordingly.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 11:07 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I would do either of them, but the second one is highly unlikely, if not impossible. The first one is fair for both teams, just a matter of whether or not the 'Nucks would do it.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote