HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Ole Kristian Tollefsen suspended

Old
05-06-2010, 02:06 PM
Joe Hallenback

vCash: 500
I don't think people have a concept of what an "elbow" truly is anymore

Joe Hallenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Kamzik

Too many comments on Bartecko's helmet and chin strap. You can't go around elbowing people in the head. In today's NHL and IIHF you can't even shoulder people to the head. No hitting to the head.

Blaming the injury on Bartecko's helmet and chin strap is like blaming J.F. Kennedy's driver for driving into the bullets.

Kamzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
Too many comments on Bartecko's helmet and chin strap. You can't go around elbowing people in the head. In today's NHL and IIHF you can't even shoulder people to the head. No hitting to the head.

Blaming the injury on Bartecko's helmet and chin strap is like blaming J.F. Kennedy's driver for driving into the bullets.

Blaming the injury on Bartecko's helmet is more like blaming someone for not wearing their seatbelt in a car. It's not a perfect analogy, but it's much closer than the utter drivel that you're spewing...

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Duke Silver
Truce?

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post

Blaming the injury on Bartecko's helmet is more like blaming someone for not wearing their seatbelt in a car. It's not a perfect analogy, but it's much closer than the utter drivel that you're spewing...
It doesn't exonerate OKT from liability in causing the injury, however, as some people are trying to do.

Forget the injury and just look at the hit. It was dirty and deserved the suspension it got, injury or not.

Duke Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 09:50 AM
Kamzik

Norway's appeal of the Tollefsen suspension was today denied by the IIHF. He will therefore miss the first three games of the World Championships.

Kamzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Landeskog

Ole got him with a upper arm shot maybe from the elbow to shoulder area what connected with Bartecko's head. so that's a 2min minor, then you add in the helmet and blood you get Ole tossed out of the game. so on top of that i think Ole should have had 1 game added on to that. If Bartecko had done his strap up tighter the hit would not have been as bad and most likely would have only had been a 10 major

Landeskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 10:45 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrogren View Post
Ole got him with a upper arm shot maybe from the elbow to shoulder area what connected with Bartecko's head. so that's a 2min minor, then you add in the helmet and blood you get Ole tossed out of the game. so on top of that i think Ole should have had 1 game added on to that. If Bartecko had done his strap up tighter the hit would not have been as bad and most likely would have only had been a 10 major
Any shoulder/elbow hit to the head is a 5+20 in IIHF competition afaik. Blindside or not doesn't matter except for maybe the length on the suspension. Blood/injury usually affects any suspension, heck it even affects minor penalties(high-sticking) so that wouldn't surprise.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 11:23 AM
CanadaRules*

Players should learn not to lean forward like the Slovak player did in vulnerable areas of the ice. All you do is open yourself up for the killshot.
Very similar hit with Brandon Sutter occured 2 years ago.

CanadaRules* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman View Post
It doesn't exonerate OKT from liability in causing the injury, however, as some people are trying to do.

Forget the injury and just look at the hit. It was dirty and deserved the suspension it got, injury or not.
I'm not saying it exonerates him entirely, but if that's a three-game suspension according to IIHF rules... he should have been removed from the game and that's it.

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Crossovert*

that video shows no elbow, high hit yes, but it wasn't the hit that cause the helmet to fly off

Crossovert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 08:28 PM
Crossovert*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
I don't think people have a concept of what an "elbow" truly is anymore
hit that causes injury = elbow

Crossovert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 01:16 AM
Moskau

vCash: 100
I can't believe he regained consciousness that fast. It looked like the hit knocked him out and the head to solid ice woke him back up.

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 01:19 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
It was an appropriate suspension. Blindside hits need to be eliminated and that means upping the consequences.

I watched this live, pretty hard to watch.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 04:20 AM
BigT2002

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
It was an appropriate suspension. Blindside hits need to be eliminated and that means upping the consequences.

I watched this live, pretty hard to watch.
Shouldn't of been 3 games though....I would of done maybe 1 or 2. But 3 games pretty much eliminates Norway before the first puck is dropped. However, I'd be more inclined to say 3 if I would see a high profile player get the same treatment.....I'm not sold on that either. Didn't Kovy only get 1 or 2 games for his hit in the last WC's??

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote