HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Two Piece Stick Question

Old
05-07-2010, 12:28 PM
noobman

vCash: 500
Two Piece Stick Question

Are all senior sized shafts and blades universally fitted/socketed?

For example... is there any reason why a Bauer blade wouldn't fit in an Easton shaft?

I'm considering a two-piece as my new secondary stick, but I don't know much about them.

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

no they are not all universal.

some are tapered some arent

bauer vapor series shafts/blades are tapered, the supreme series are not, though i think the one95 might have a tapered version in the shaft

tapered set ups are supposed to be more like one piece sticks because they offer a low kick point but if you break the shaft/blade you can just replace it

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 12:33 PM
MJAYK

I have wondered this too. Im looking to buy a new stick in the near future for my practice season and im pretty sure its going to be a 2-piece.

MJAYK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Pog Form

There are two types of each: standard and tapered. As long as the blade and the shaft are the same (either both tapered or both standard), then I believe they should fit, regardless of brand. A tapered set-up will act more like a one-piece stick (lower kickpoint, better performance), so most guys here will probably recommend you go that route.

Pog Form is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 01:09 PM
doobie604

also sr blades fits int shafts. not all blades will fit perfectly you either have to put tape around it or shave it down a bit sometimes.

doobie604 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 02:14 PM
blueberrydanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobman View Post
Are all senior sized shafts and blades universally fitted/socketed?

For example... is there any reason why a Bauer blade wouldn't fit in an Easton shaft?

I'm considering a two-piece as my new secondary stick, but I don't know much about them.
I have a one95 shaft with an s15 blade in it, so I assume that would work the other way around.

blueberrydanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 03:29 PM
stick9

Any standard blade will fit in any standard shaft. Any tapered blade will fit in any tapered shaft.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 03:32 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJAYK View Post
I have wondered this too. Im looking to buy a new stick in the near future for my practice season and im pretty sure its going to be a 2-piece.
I'll tell you ahead of time all companies do not use the same exact measurements for their tapered blade hosels or their standard hosels.

The hockey tape over the end of the hosel end solves thee issues to make it thicker so it fits properly.

Some companies round out their corners of the tenon joint and some leave them square making them hard to fit into a shaft. You can (if it is tight) lightly sand the corners of the end that goes into the shaft so reduce what can grab on the way in or if loose use the tape over the end of the part that inserts into the shaft.

That being the issue it is better to buy the same company components ... a bauer shaft, use a bauer blade etc.

There are videos on Youtube you can scout out about a loose replacement blade fix.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 04:46 PM
MJAYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
I'll tell you ahead of time all companies do not use the same exact measurements for their tapered blade hosels or their standard hosels.

The hockey tape over the end of the hosel end solves thee issues to make it thicker so it fits properly.
I've heard people have used this method to make it snug. I'll do my best to prevent this by purchasing the right combination that fits perfectly without any later craftsmanship required.
Quote:
That being the issue it is better to buy the same company components ... a bauer shaft, use a bauer blade etc.
I'll do this only if they have the blades with my kind of curves and lies. Which they propably will, atleast if im not brand picky and go with whatever they've got with the blades and shafts i could use.

MJAYK is offline   Reply With Quote