HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Hartnell at the draft

Old
05-07-2010, 10:09 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
You people thinking Hartnell is IMPOSSIBLE to move are delusional. Stop being so shortsighted. You can't base a guy's value on a single year. Last year, if someone asked about Hartnell's availability you would all say "he isn't available. He's too valuable." 30 goals, 30 assists, tough, chippy game.

His true value is somewhere between last year (his best year) and this year (his worst year). Stop basing everything on this year.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Last year was a career year for Hartnell. If you take a look at the whole body of work, you'll see that he's nothing more than a 22 goal/42point per season player. This year, he had 44 points, so that's about the norm with Hartnell. He had less goals, but more assists.

He's proven he's not a consistent 60 point scorer. The Flyers had Hartnell ear marked for Knuble's role and Hartnell blew it. Big deal that he was going through "some personal things" this year. Suck it up. Everyone at some point or another goes through things like that. If things were so bad, he should have taken a leave to deal with his crap and not use it as an excuse for his poor play.

The guy's a hack, nothing more, nothing less.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 10:23 AM
nycbruins*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Last year was a career year for Hartnell. If you take a look at the whole body of work, you'll see that he's nothing more than a 22 goal/42point per season player. This year, he had 44 points, so that's about the norm with Hartnell. He had less goals, but more assists.

He's proven he's not a consistent 60 point scorer. The Flyers had Hartnell ear marked for Knuble's role and Hartnell blew it. Big deal that he was going through "some personal things" this year. Suck it up. Everyone at some point or another goes through things like that. If things were so bad, he should have taken a leave to deal with his crap and not use it as an excuse for his poor play.

I was interested in Hartnell as a Bruins fan last season. I don't really want anything to do with him anymore. I know of the personal stuff, but I just think there has to be a lower body injury as well. He never seemed fast to me, but he looks ridiculously slow now.

3 more years @ $4.2 million/season is a tough pill to swallow.

Bieksa would be a decent proposal, except the fact that he's off the books after next season. Think about d-men with bad contracts with more years left on them. Unfortunately, a lot of them reside in Edmonton and I doubt anyone waives a NTC to go to Edmonton.

I was making Thomas-for-Hartnell proposals not long ago, but then I watched him play in the 2nd half of the season.

Might have to hope for a bounce back year from him and look to move salary elsewhere.

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 10:24 AM
jb**

If i was shooter i would insist:

1. He see a skating coach or whomever to teach him balance. never have i seen a pro hockey player fall down even half as much as hartnell.
2. See and utilize a nutritionest.
3. Work out to add upper body strength as hartnell is so easy to move off th epuck it is sad.
4. Tell him to get his **** together or it is the ahl. No waivers, no trade. AHL for the duration of his contract.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Kaktus*

Even if we are going to keep him for next year I do not think he will last a whole season under Lavi next year. Unless he works hard on improving his game.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 12:01 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:

Yeah, but if he scored 22 goals or so there would be a lot less people wanting to get rid of him. Even if last year was a career year that won't be repeated he still has value. It's silly to act like he is a worthless bum that no one would want. His shooting percentage is a lot lower than normal, he'll likely score at least 20-25 goals next year. GM's are intelligent enough to realize this and there will be interest in him especially because they can buy low on him.

I agree if his personal issues were bothering him that bad that he should have taken some time off or something, but I blame this on Lavi and Homer as much as I do Hartnell. When Lavi was brought in we were all sold this line about accountability but there was none for Hartnell. He should have been sat a long time ago to clear his head. Who knows if it would have worked, but something should have been tried instead of letting the problem continue to fester. Now it looks like they will get ripped off in a trade for him when he'll more than likely bounce back next year.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 12:21 PM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

vCash: 50
well I mentioned this somewhere awhile back.

To LA Scott Hartnell

to Philly Scott Parse

btw I wonder if Pycckuu would like Parent if he changed his name to Sergei Parkarov tomorrow

GoneFullHolmgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 12:25 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

I just read:

To LA: Scott Hartnell

To PHI: Jarret Stoll

It was written by an LA fan I think. It wasn't a Philly fan. It does solve our 3rd line center issue quite nicely.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 12:27 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I just read:

It was written by an LA fan I think. It wasn't a Philly fan. It does solve our 3rd line center issue quite nicely.
I'm down.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 12:29 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
I just read:

Yes please

Old
05-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
I just read:

But does it solve our cap issue? Stoll's cap hit is $3.6MM....

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 01:34 PM
PhillyCurt12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
certainly wouldn't hurt.

i'd be curious to hear offers from members around the board for hartnell. what do other teams think he's worth? around here seems like we'd trade him for a few gatorade water bottles.

edit: stoll seems like a good option though. big body, plays pk.

PhillyCurt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 01:40 PM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

LA wouldnt trade Hartnell for Stoll straight up.
maybe if we included a 2011 2nd round pick

GoneFullHolmgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 02:16 PM
mikedifr

Quote:

And I will give you the same argument I did before, you need to factor in the amount of games he played. Some of those 22 goal years were in betwen 60--65 games. He has averaged about 27 goals per 82 games the past 5 years. He is a 25-30 goal, 50-60 point player that is in the middle of his prime years. Nothing more, nothing less.

This year has been a debacle, no doubt....And I am no longer opposed to moving him, but the guy has been nothing but consistent over the years (except this year) I will agree that he didnt fill Knuble's role, but how many of us really thought he would?? He is a different type of player and doesnt have the hands around the net that Knuble has.

This team screwed up letting Knuble walk for that idiot Jones, plain and simple...Homer is a moron.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 02:18 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
I just read:

I would do that. I guess Giroux moves back to wing??

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
It solves out 3rd line center and penalties issues. I do not know about his faceoffs but if it is around 50% I am down and with extra 600K we can re-sign Parent, Powe and maybe even Carcillo.

Old
05-07-2010, 02:21 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
I would do that. I guess Giroux moves back to wing??
Gagne - Richards - Briere
vanRiemsdyk - Carter - Giroux
Carcillo - Stoll - Leino
Powe/Nodl - Betts - Laperriere

Old
05-07-2010, 02:25 PM
FlyersWillRockU
Too Old? Rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
It solves out 3rd line center and penalties issues. I do not know about his faceoffs but if it is around 50% I am down and with extra 600K we can re-sign Parent, Powe and maybe even Carcillo.
7th overall in the NHL for faceoff %. Wow!! I thought he was decent but 57.2% is awesome. SIGN ME UP

FlyersWillRockU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersWillRockU View Post
7th overall in the NHL for faceoff %. Wow!! I thought he was decent but 57.2% is awesome. SIGN ME UP
Yes, I checked it was 56% which is just as good not to mention he averages around 2min on PK per game and he shots right.

Old
05-07-2010, 02:34 PM
FlyersWillRockU
Too Old? Rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Yes, I checked it was 56% which is just as good not to mention he averages around 2min on PK per game and he shots right.
I used NHL.com either way very good numbers considering Carter was our best at 52.4% and Betts and Richie were 50.9 and 50.7 respectively not horrible but not great either.

FlyersWillRockU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 02:37 PM
aqsw
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain richie18 View Post
To Philly

Kevin Bieksa + 3rd rounder 2010

To Vancouver

Scott Hartnell

Am I the only one here who would jump on this deal in a second ? I feel it's pretty realistic besides maybe the 3rd.
Too Funny

aqsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersWillRockU View Post
I used NHL.com either way very good numbers considering Carter was our best at 52.4% and Betts and Richie were 50.9 and 50.7 respectively not horrible but not great either.
It's a win-win for the Flyers if no one is interested in Stoll..

If we can just trade Hartnell for a pick, add Torres and Mahotra for 4M a year is even better.

Maybe Hartnell can score a hat trick tonight?

Last edited by Kaktus*: 05-07-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old
05-07-2010, 02:47 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
I think a move like that would be a win-win for us because Hartnell can get a fresh start and we can get a third line center. It doesn't save much off the cap, but when you trade someone like Hartnell you're likely going to have to take back salary in return.

Old
05-07-2010, 02:53 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Gagne (5.25) - Richards (5.75) - Briere (6.50)
vanRiemsdyk (1.65) - Carter (5.00) - Giroux (0.82)
Carcillo (1.10) - Stoll (3.60) - Leino (0.80)
Nodl (0.85) - Betts (0.70) - Laperriere (1.16)

Pronger (4.92) - Carle (3.44)
Timonen (6.33) - Coburn (2.70)
Parent (1.30) - Bartulis (0.60)

Ellis (3.00)
Boucher (0.93)

Total: 56.40
Cap: 57.70
Space: 01.30

Old
05-07-2010, 02:54 PM
McNasty

Quote:
Gagne - Richards - Briere
vanRiemsdyk - Carter - Giroux
Carcillo - Stoll - Leino
Powe/Nodl - Betts - Laperriere
Still leaves Carcillo in the top 9 and almost certainly means the end of Gagne's tenure after next season. I would rather trade Hartnell for a good defenseman and then try to sign a guy like Matt Cullen.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 03:03 PM
clodejirew

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
Still leaves Carcillo in the top 9 and almost certainly means the end of Gagne's tenure after next season. I would rather trade Hartnell for a good defenseman and then try to sign a guy like Matt Cullen.
you're saying you think carcillo is a 4th line player? I think he's earned to be in the top 9

clodejirew is offline   Reply With Quote