HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

NHL concedes last Chi goal last night should have been disallowed due to goalie inte

Old
05-07-2010, 01:35 PM
digger18

vCash: 500
They have made so many mistakes these playoffs it's laughable.

digger18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 01:40 PM
TacitEndorsement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
Wasn't it snowing yesterday? My brother and his family live near Calgary. He shovelled his walk before work.
It snows but it hasn't been sticking anywhere that i've been in the city.

TacitEndorsement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 01:44 PM
TacitEndorsement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eukaryote View Post
They have light snow right now.

Here's Calgary just a few weeks ago

It's one of the only large cities that has experienced snow in every month of the year including July and August. I remember a time in August when it was in the 90's in the interior of BC while Calgary had snow. Calgary's weather doesn't come close to being as good as our climate.
Theyre too different to compare one as "better" than the other. I know lots of people who have left Vancouver because of the rain and overcast. The biggest difference is that Calgary has much more sunshine over a full year and Vancouver has much better temperatures over a full year.

Old
05-07-2010, 01:50 PM
Eukaryote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconator View Post
Really it wouldn't have mattered anyways, it was their 5th goal and we'd of lost regardless.
How do you know? Running goalies isn't just a factor on the goals scored. It's a tactic to throw goalies off their game. The league enacted rules to prevent that and to protect goalies. The fact is in our two series against the Hawks, the league has looked the other way on those infractions clearly benefiting a team like Chicago.

That 5th goal was so over-the-top illegal that no objective person that knows the game could believe it counted. How could the officials have allowed something so clearly and blatantly illegal? Why did they? The league was left with no choice but to concede it was a mistake. That was a case they couldn't lie about.

Eukaryote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 01:57 PM
TacitEndorsement

Quote:
How do you know? Running goalies isn't just a factor on the goals scored. It's a tactic to throw goalies off their game. The league enacted rules to prevent that and to protect goalies. The fact is in our two series against the Hawks, the league has looked the other way on those infractions clearly benefiting a team like Chicago.

That 5th goal was so over-the-top illegal that no objective person that knows the game could believe it counted. How could the officials have allowed something so clearly and blatantly illegal? Why did they? The league was left with no choice but to concede it was a mistake. That was a case they couldn't lie about.
Mike Milbury thought it was a good goal. Enough said about him.

Old
05-07-2010, 01:58 PM
Eukaryote

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganja View Post
Theyre too different to compare one as "better" than the other. I know lots of people who have left Vancouver because of the rain and overcast. The biggest difference is that Calgary has much more sunshine over a full year and Vancouver has much better temperatures over a full year.
Vancouver's summers (including May and September) are usually relatively dry and warm with lots of sunshine. There's a reason Vancouver has a USDA plant hardiness zone of about 8, while Calgary's is way below at 3B.

Old
05-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Eukaryote

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganja View Post
Mike Milbury thought it was a good goal. Enough said about him.
Yes I said objective and knowledgeable. Milbury was a dumb player and easily one of, if not the most incompetent GMs in NHL history. His analysis is usually worthless.

Old
05-07-2010, 02:11 PM
Bieksallent

Quote:
Yes I said objective and knowledgeable. Milbury was a dumb player and easily one of, if not the most incompetent GMs in NHL history. His analysis is usually worthless.
I actually liked Mike up until the playoffs. This is at least the second time he's gone through a video package and said everything was down to "bad luck." Then Hrudy jumps on him and says it has nothing to do with luck and explains why. He has no idea about tactics in the modern game. How this guy was ever a GM for so long, I don't know. Maybe, it was bad luck for the Islanders.

Bieksallent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 02:13 PM
digger18

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rock View Post
LOL, I know this is petty but I honestly find it hilarious that you are bragging about your "2 months of beautiful summer" while trying to slag Vancouver as being rainy. Granted it's rainy as hell from November to March, but here's a secret for ya....the rest of the year it's beautiful, so...about 6 months of summer......While right now you're still shovelling your driveway, I'm seeing people walk by in shorts and T-shirts.... but shhh, don't tell anyone!
I'll take the odd freak snowfall, over not seeing the sun for 30+ consecutive days anytime. I'll take -10 and sunny, over +8 and pissing rain anytime.

This is Canada, were in most areas they actually get 4 seasons.

Vancouver has 2 seasons....The rainy season and the cloudy season. Who cares if it's warmer throughout the year.

Old
05-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Bieksallent

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger18 View Post
I'll take the odd freak snowfall, over not seeing the sun for 30+ consecutive days anytime. I'll take -10 and sunny, over +8 and pissing rain anytime.

This is Canada, were in most areas they actually get 4 seasons.

Vancouver has 2 seasons....The rainy season and the cloudy season. Who cares if it's warmer throughout the year.
That's absurd. Summer in Vancouver is awesome. Not ludicrously hot but usually very nice.

Wait, what the hell does this have to do with shoddy officiating?

Bieksallent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Burr14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Extinguisher View Post
Actually we get 2 months of beautiful summer. Suns up from 5am to 11pm. Cant say the same for rainy Van. Although I love the city.

Speaking of successful teams, the Hawks look great right now, Oilers are sitting pretty with the #1 overall pick...and Vancouver's still relying on the 7th man to get them past round 2.

Im not trying to troll, my biggest issue is the look on AV's face after EVERY call. Comedy at its best.

Yes, Oilers fans do pay attention to the post-season. Hockey is Edmonton, Edmonton is hockey. Vancouver misses the playoffs and everyone forgets....pretty sad for a Canadian city
Dude, I actually feel sorry for you that you have to live in edmonton but please do not come here and try claim edmonton's superiority to Vancouver in any way. Unless of course you consider an abundance of snow, flat prairies, rednecks, and irrelevancy positive traits of your city.

Burr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 02:16 PM
HavoK041

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Ricky View Post
That's absurd. Summer in Vancouver is awesome. Not ludicrously hot but usually very nice.

Wait, what the hell does this have to do with shoddy officiating?
Agreed. Why are we talking about weather?

HavoK041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Hoss

This is a PR move by the NHL to show there is no bias in the officiating, which of course is ********.

Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 02:33 PM
digger18

http://www.climatetemp.info/canada/v...-columbia.html

Average sunlight hours in Vancouver, British Columbia range between 1.4 hours per day in December and 9.5 hours per day in July....

There are an average of 1835 hours of sunlight per year with an average of 5.0 hours of sunlight per day.

Vancouver, British Columbia's climate receives an average of 1529 mm (60.2 in) of rainfall per year, or 127 mm (5.0 in) per month.

On average there are 164 days per year with more than 0.1 mm (0.004 in) of rainfall (precipitation) or 14 days with a quantity of rain, sleet, snow etc. per month

http://www.climatetemp.info/canada/calgary-alberta.html

Average sunlight hours in Calgary, Alberta range between 2.9 hours per day in December and 10.2 hours per day in July.

There are an average of 2156 hours of sunlight per year with an average of 5.9 hours of sunlight per day.

Calgary, Alberta's climate receives an average of 444 mm (17.5 in) of rainfall per year, or 37 mm (1.5 in) per month.

On average there are 109 days per year with more than 0.1 mm (0.004 in) of rainfall (precipitation) or 9 days with a quantity of rain, sleet, snow etc. per month.

Calgary averages 327 more hours of sunlight per year than Vancouver.

Vancouver averages 1085 more milimetres of precipitation per year than Calgary.

Got Vitamin D?

Old
05-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Eukaryote

Quote:
...This is Canada, were in most areas they actually get 4 seasons.
Are you kidding? It's exactly the opposite. People have joked about Canada having only two seasons, Summer and Winter for years. The only place in the country where that isn't true is southcentral and southwestern BC, maybe parts of S. Ontario and the Maritimes. The plant hardiness zones tell the true story.

Old
05-07-2010, 02:41 PM
Eukaryote

Quote:

Calgary averages 327 more hours of sunlight per year than Vancouver.

Vancouver averages 1085 more milimetres of precipitation per year than Calgary.
Yeah, Vancouver is wetter in the Winter no one disputed it. It occurs in one season, which your annual averages deliberately ignored. The issue was that some thought the Summers were as well which is false.
Quote:
Got Vitamin D?
Got a heavy down clothing, snow tires and snow blower that could be needed at anytime of the year?

Old
05-07-2010, 02:42 PM
digger18

Quote:
Are you kidding? It's exactly the opposite. People have joked about Canada having only two seasons, Summer and Winter for years. The only place in the country where that isn't true is southcentral and southwestern BC, maybe parts of S. Ontario and the Maritimes. The plant hardiness zones tell the true story.
Plant hadiness zones tell the story of Vancouver being in a rainforest and nothing more. The mushrooms, mosses, and slugs love it!

Old
05-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Eukaryote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Ricky View Post
Maybe, it was bad luck for the Islanders.
Mad Mike as he's known around the league was almost solely responsible for setting back the Islander franchise many years in development and success. He's a buffoon.

Old
05-07-2010, 02:46 PM
digger18

Quote:
Yeah, Vancouver is wetter in the Winter no one disputed it. It occurs in one season, which your annual averages deliberately ignored. The issue was that some thought the Summers were as well which is false.

Got a heavy down clothing, snow tires and snow blower that could be needed at anytime of the year?
The averages didn't deliberatly ignore jack squat, they aren't "mine" either, theyre simply posted facts...Anyway those are the numbers, sorry if you cant handle them.

Now go plant some flowers in your wonderful "hardiness zone."

Old
05-07-2010, 02:47 PM
Eukaryote

Quote:
Plant hadiness zones tell the story of Vancouver being in a rainforest and nothing more. The mushrooms, mosses, and slugs love it!
Get an education. It's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.

Old
05-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Reign Nateo

Who cares about the ****ing weather? Flames/Oilers fans need to go back and talk about who they're going to draft or how the hell they're going to get rid of their overpaid and undertalented forward group.

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 02:52 PM
digger18

Quote:
Get an education. It's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.
Shut down by facts....Eukaryote reaches into his bag of useless posts for another one of his classic "you don't know what your talking about" rants!!!

Old
05-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Eukaryote

Quote:
The averages didn't deliberatly ignore jack squat, they aren't "mine" either, theyre simply posted facts...
Again, you're out of your depth. Averaging over a year doesn't tell the full story. The precipitation in Vancouver is dominated by a few Winter months.
Quote:
Anyway those are the numbers, sorry if you cant handle them.
It's clear you don't even understand them.
Quote:
Now go plant some flowers in your wonderful "hardiness zone."
Get out there and shovel your snow, before you slip and land on your head again.

Old
05-07-2010, 02:57 PM
Eukaryote

Quote:
Shut down by facts....

Quote:
Eukaryote reaches into his bag of useless posts for another one of his classic "you don't know what your talking about" rants!!!
I really didn't need to point it out, your obvious inability to understand these things make my point for me.

Old
05-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Burr14

Quote:
Shut down by facts....Eukaryote reaches into his bag of useless posts for another one of his classic "you don't know what your talking about" rants!!!
lol at someone in west edmonton cracking on Vancouver.
Vancouver>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Baghdad>Deadmonton

Burr14 is offline   Reply With Quote