Notices

Return of the Jets?

Old
05-07-2010, 03:07 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

vCash: 500
Return of the Jets?

Take 2 of the whole Phoenix to _______ saga. If this happens it looks like we will have officially be the NW Ugly Duckling; however, if you actually read the article it's more speculation by TSN than any actual official facts.

Thoughts?

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Dr Jan Itor

It would be one hell of a mulligan.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I really wonder about redrawing the divisions. The Wild are in a really crappy spot, would make way more sense to be in a central division.

Personally, I'd rather they do away with the divisions altogether until they get two more teams.

But I'd guess that Colorado would go to the "Pacific" and we'd get stuck with four Canadian teams six times a year. And not as much against more natural rivals like Chicago, Detroit, St Louis, and Dallas.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 04:06 PM
mnwildgophers

Yeah, we'd most likely stay in the NW with Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 04:12 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwildgophers View Post
Yeah, we'd most likely stay in the NW with Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver.
Which will be amazing because it's seriously the only way the NHL can create a division which makes even more apathetic to our "rivals. Seriously, I don't give a **** about any of those cities or teams while the other four will have a nationalist western Canada rivalry.

Old
05-07-2010, 04:27 PM
mnwildgophers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Which will be amazing because it's seriously the only way the NHL can create a division which makes even more apathetic to our "rivals. Seriously, I don't give a **** about any of those cities or teams while the other four will have a nationalist western Canada rivalry.
Pretty much we'd just be the throw-in. Or they could keep Colorado in our division and add maybe Vancouver into the Pacific? But that screws with the Stars. They are in a bad spot, maybe they'd take a spot in our division? That's tough. I suppose the best would be to put Colorado in the Pacific and then continue on with what I said earlier.

Old
05-07-2010, 04:38 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

I doubt that will happen although it makes the most sense in terms of time zone and travel. Having the three Western Canadian teams in one division is one of the few things fans of those teams can thank Uncle Gary for.

Old
05-08-2010, 06:40 AM
BigT2002

Vancouver and Colorado to Pacific Division. Move Dallas and Winnipeg to Northwest and call it "Mid West" instead.

Minnesota
Dallas
Winnipeg
Calgary
Edmonton

Everyone still has their rival for the most part...and we get two teams that are actually within a decent drive for once. I-35 all the way down and I-29 all the way up. If Canadians don't like it, then we can have a Western Conference Canada team consisting of:

Canada
Vancouver
Calgary
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Toronto (ya...that'll go over)

Pacific
San Jose
Los Angeles
Anaheim
Dallas
Colorado

Central
Minnesota
Chicago
Detroit
St. Louis
Columbus

Southeast
Florida
Tampa Bay
Atlanta
Nashville (if you know anything about how far Nashville is from Chicago compared to ATL, you'll understand)
Carolina

Atlantic
Washington
Pittsburgh
Philly
New Jersey
New York Rangers

Northeast
Ottawa
Montreal
Buffalo
Boston
New York Isles

Last edited by BigT2002: 05-08-2010 at 07:42 AM.
BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 11:01 AM
mnwildgophers

I really like your first suggestion and it could happen I would think. That'd be a decent divisional alignment.

Old
05-08-2010, 12:00 PM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwildgophers View Post
I really like your first suggestion and it could happen I would think. That'd be a decent divisional alignment.
If they do that, the worse case scenario for divisional games for any team in those two divisions is 1 hour behind/ahead respectively. They'd be idiots to keep Vancouver in the Northwest and Dallas in the Pacific, especially when Vancouver sits on the damn Pacific Ocean!

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 09:11 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Take 2 of the whole Phoenix to _______ saga. If this happens it looks like we will have officially be the NW Ugly Duckling; however, if you actually read the article it's more speculation by TSN than any actual official facts.

Thoughts?
atleast minny had the brains to build an nhl arena--peg--not so much

for it work in the peg--canadian buck would need to stay at par with the yankee buck--it wont and they would need to sell out the arena every game and the coperate money would have to be huge--does not make sense

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 12:53 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Another burst bubble for Winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
atleast minny had the brains to build an nhl arena--peg--not so much

for it work in the peg--canadian buck would need to stay at par with the yankee buck--it wont and they would need to sell out the arena every game and the coperate money would have to be huge--does not make sense
Technically they already had one when the North Stars moved (Target Center was a brand new facility), although that is true and I'm glad they didn't use it.

Old
05-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Goldy

I really hope Winnipeg gets a team. Hockey belongs there, not in the desert. Plus it provides a natural rival for us. As for realignment, I really like being in the same division with the Canadian teams. Most American markets can't match their fan's passion. Playing in half-full arenas doesn't do it for me.

Goldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 09:03 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldy View Post
I really hope Winnipeg gets a team. Hockey belongs there, not in the desert. Plus it provides a natural rival for us. As for realignment, I really like being in the same division with the Canadian teams. Most American markets can't match their fan's passion. Playing in half-full arenas doesn't do it for me.
This is the only thing I agree with.