HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Info about getting autographs before games?

Old
04-08-2010, 06:37 PM
captain9nyr
@captain9nyr

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to captain9nyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Lol it's cool, I used to do pretty much the same thing before I started going for autos all the time. It's on 31st and towards the corner of 8th Avenue. You'll see it, it has a green awning and has the number 4 in the windows.
Awesome. He's my girlfriend's favorite Ranger so I'll have a ridiculous amount of brownie points banked if she can get her Lundqvist jersey signed. Probably will head to the Flying Puck bar after the autographs and before the game. Heard some good things.

captain9nyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 07:23 PM
BrandNewDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Its cute to get an autograph but tomorrow is ALOT more important than you getting your signatures - LEAVE OUR GUYS ALONE, let them get in and get ready.

Thank you.
It's cute that you try to tell other people what to do, but I'd like to think that the players have free will, and can easily tell the autograph seekers that they're "not signing today".

Thank you.

BrandNewDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 07:33 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Its cute to get an autograph but tomorrow is ALOT more important than you getting your signatures - LEAVE OUR GUYS ALONE, let them get in and get ready.

Thank you.
I don't see the point your trying to make. If they don't want to sign then they don't have too. And I'm pretty sure if they choose to sign, signing autographs real quick for a minute outside isn't gonna affect the way they prepare for the game at all. Sure didn't have an impact Wednesday in an important game.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Its the last and most important home game of the season, you had enough chances this year to get your trinkets signed, leave them alone its as obvious as the nose on your face that these guys need to focus for the game. Less hassle the better once they get to the garden.

Thanks
Your Pal Joey Bluenote #13

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 09:09 PM
letsgorangers94

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Callahan, Girardi and MDZ come in through the main entrance and got there early yesterday around 4ish.

I'll be there for it too and Hank comes in at 4 Penn around 4:30ish, usually a little earlier. Just hang out at that entrance and you'll definitely get him.
main entrance meaning like through security that checks bags right before the game?

letsgorangers94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 09:18 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgorangers94 View Post
main entrance meaning like through security that checks bags right before the game?
Yeah around there.

Quote:
Its the last and most important home game of the season, you had enough chances this year to get your trinkets signed, leave them alone its as obvious as the nose on your face that these guys need to focus for the game. Less hassle the better once they get to the garden.

Thanks
Your Pal Joey Bluenote #13
Again, if they don't wanna sign all they have to say is they don't want too. And if you think that something as minuscule as this is going to effect them then I don't know what to tell you. I happened to be around MSG last home game of the year last year when it was another must win situation and I saw them signing stuff before the game. Didn't seem to effect them too much looking at the outcome.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Block More Shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead94 View Post
Awesome. He's my girlfriend's favorite Ranger so I'll have a ridiculous amount of brownie points banked if she can get her Lundqvist jersey signed. Probably will head to the Flying Puck bar after the autographs and before the game. Heard some good things.
My girlfriend absolutely loves Dubi, Del Zotto, and Lundqvist. On different occasions she has referred to them as her "husbands" haha...I get a kick out of it.

Funny story: After the Colorado game last year when we dominated them 6-1 (I believe it was Torts' first win at the Garden), my girlfriend and I waited outside the employee entrance for autographs. Sure enough, Lundqvist comes out first. We were the first ones on the guardrail and he went right over to us. Obviously, I'm pretty excited, and ask him to sign the game day magazine I bought that night. As he's doing this, my girlfriend stands in absolute shock, not knowing what to do or say. She decides to touch his suit jacket from his forearm down to his wrist in somewhat of a petting motion.

Afterwards, I go to her, "Why didn't you say anything, even something simple like 'good game'? Then she proceeded to tell me that she didn't know what to do, so she just touched his suit jacket. HAHA, ridiculous.

I also met Blair Betts that night and got his autograph. Really nice guy.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 07:39 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Enough, this is about where and how to gain autographs, and nothing else.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 08:50 PM
BrandNewDream

Haven't seen this posted in here, so I figured I would add it. It's the official NHL store where you can buy legit photo prints, separated by team/player. Lots of great stuff on here. Great resource for autograph seekers.

http://photostore.nhl.com/on/demandw...:pstr:photonav

Old
11-15-2010, 03:02 PM
rambler725

Does Del Zotto still come in through main entrance( i guess that means lobby)? Thanks

rambler725 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 03:43 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Alright, so I've never really been big on stalking the players before or after games but I've decided that the next time I get tickets it would be great if I could track down Dubinsky for just a second so my girlfriend could shake his hand and have him sign her jersey. She's been a tremendous fan since his rookie season and over the years I've started a little Dubinksy autograph collection for her, including a signed 8x10 or puck or something as a small part of her gift for each major holiday. This year I think it would be cool if she could get the signature in person so I was wondering if Dubinsky still goes in at 4 Penn and if the time is still around 4:30 for a 7pm game. Any info on how you can catch Dubi entering the garden would be appreciated.

SERE 24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 01:21 AM
Hockeyone01

trying to get an avery jersey signed pregame /post game , and was told last year he used to walk in threw 8 penn . anyone know if that entrance is still his entrance of choice ? much appriciated . . and callahan still walks in the front im guessing ?? if anyone could drop a line and let me know i wouldappriciate it . thanks alot man .. LETS GO RANGERS !

Hockeyone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 02:08 AM
mti79

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyone01 View Post
trying to get an avery jersey signed pregame /post game , and was told last year he used to walk in threw 8 penn . anyone know if that entrance is still his entrance of choice ? much appriciated . . and callahan still walks in the front im guessing ?? if anyone could drop a line and let me know i wouldappriciate it . thanks alot man .. LETS GO RANGERS !
Not sure if it's changed at all, but as far as i can recall, Aves just walks right by everyone on his way in. Very rarely does he stop for autographs before a game. I've heard he can be really nice afterwards, but have also heard that he's just a jerk too... I have not had any personal experiences so all I know is second hand.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 11:26 AM
Hockeyone01

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
Not sure if it's changed at all, but as far as i can recall, Aves just walks right by everyone on his way in. Very rarely does he stop for autographs before a game. I've heard he can be really nice afterwards, but have also heard that he's just a jerk too... I have not had any personal experiences so all I know is second hand.

Yea so I've heard . I've had a gamer that I would like to get signed . So I figured it can't hurt . Do you know where he leaves from after a game ?

Hockeyone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewDream View Post
Haven't seen this posted in here, so I figured I would add it. It's the official NHL store where you can buy legit photo prints, separated by team/player. Lots of great stuff on here. Great resource for autograph seekers.

http://photostore.nhl.com/on/demandw...:pstr:photonav
Great photos but my god are the prices high

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 01:13 PM
BrandNewDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Great photos but my god are the prices high
They are, but if you know you can grab a player outside the arena, or are going to a signing, it's worth the extra $7-8 for a unique photo you won't see often anywhere else, IMO.

Old
01-28-2011, 11:33 AM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
i sat next to rod gilbert and ran into don maloney also vs florida last tuesday jan 25....GREAT GUYS. didnt ask for autographs but im sure they would have done it. ive met rod gilbert a few times and i know hes always willing

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 12:56 PM
rambler725

Rod will sign anything but a jersey...he is under contract with somebody where he can not sign jerseys ...i tried one time so i know first hand

rambler725 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 01:17 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

For those who still don't know where to get autos, to me it's a lot easier to wait after the game to get them depending on who you want. Guys like Hank, Avery, Gabs and Vinny P. go out through the parking lot on the side of MSG and mostly everyone else i've seen (Boyle, Staal, Stepan, Dubinsky, Cally, and MZA now too) go out through the front entrance.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Legs Feed the Wolf

I know and heard alot of die hard New Yorkers, and some outta staters, come before and after games to get the players autographs. I am coming to the next Rangers home game from school in Boston and I was just wondering where and what time Derek Stepan comes in to the Garden so i can get him to sign my jersey. I would really appreciate the help. Go Rags!

Legs Feed the Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaborik Fan View Post
I know and heard alot of die hard New Yorkers, and some outta staters, come before and after games to get the players autographs. I am coming to the next Rangers home game from school in Boston and I was just wondering where and what time Derek Stepan comes in to the Garden so i can get him to sign my jersey. I would really appreciate the help. Go Rags!
Wait by the parking lot (where players can drive in) from around 4-4:30 just to be safe. He should be in by 4:15 though.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Legs Feed the Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Wait by the parking lot (where players can drive in) from around 4-4:30 just to be safe. He should be in by 4:15 though.

thanks alot brotha...im assuming its the parking garage right next to the garden ..the one by the church and the bar?

Old
02-07-2011, 03:18 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaborik Fan View Post
thanks alot brotha...im assuming its the parking garage right next to the garden ..the one by the church and the bar?
Sorry I get confused with the streets, but it's the one that's actually connected to MSG, by the security booths. I believe it's on 33rd, smack in the middle between 7th and 8th.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 06:24 PM
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

Assuming you wanted to meet some players...

sorry if this has already been asked but i'm interested in potentially meeting some of the Rangers before a game. if anyone could help me out, that'd be lovely. i just wanna know how long before the game i'd have to be there. and i'm certain i know where to go to wait for them...

again, if anyone could help me with that, that'd be wonderful. thank you.

FultonReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:08 PM
Legs Feed the Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by FultonReed View Post
sorry if this has already been asked but i'm interested in potentially meeting some of the Rangers before a game. if anyone could help me out, that'd be lovely. i just wanna know how long before the game i'd have to be there. and i'm certain i know where to go to wait for them...

again, if anyone could help me with that, that'd be wonderful. thank you.
3 hours before is fine..most of em start comin in 4-410 for a 7 pm game