HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Rd. 2, Gm. 4: Bruins @ Flyers - May 7, 2010 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
05-07-2010, 10:35 PM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97FlyersKing18 View Post
Although the Flyers need to lean up, Hartnell and Powe had really good games today. Hartnell was moving his feet and creating chances and Powe played in all situations. Sure he took a dumb penalty, but it didn't end up hurting us in the long run and perhaps gets Savard thinking next time he is in the scrum.

Hopefully we get more of the 2nd period Hartnell, he was a force out there tonight.
Maybe its just me, but I thought Powe sucked out there.

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 10:35 PM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I'll be so happy once the dead weight from this team is gone. Hartnell, Powe and Boucher need to go. Add Coburn and Parent into the mix as well. Coburn is just a big useless goof and as for Parent, she can never stay healthy......
What playoffs are you watching?

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 10:38 PM
ChiTown Flyer

My broadcast got bumped with the score 4-3, 38.6 sec left, for PREGAME INTERVIEWS with Bill Jaffe and I got not overtime. This is the first time I am pissed I live in Chicago.

Thank Jebus for Simon Gagne!

ChiTown Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 10:38 PM
clodejirew

i wasn't particularly impressed with powe. he has stones for hands. hartnell and coburn looked good though

clodejirew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 10:41 PM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by GilbertsGuns View Post
i wasn't particularly impressed with powe. he has stones for hands. hartnell and coburn looked good though
Exactly my thoughts. He looks like a complete idiot with the puck.

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 10:41 PM
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...

I think Coburn has definatly improved his game... People need to take a look at Timonen's play... he makes alotta mistakes and overpasses at times

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Powe...

Had a couple of rough shifts late and almost cost us a W twice. That being said, he was a missile all night long and he was harassing their defencemen all night long. Outside of a couple of "panic plays" that could have been huge he was largely effective.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 10:48 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
I think Coburn has definatly improved his game... People need to take a look at Timonen's play... he makes alotta mistakes and overpasses at times

Kimo's made some very uncharacteristic mistakes in this series.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Jaydepps

Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
Just ordered tickets through StubHub for the first time with e-delivery. Anyone know when they usually email tickets? Probably tomorrow? Thanks

Jaydepps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Garbage Goal

Pronger: 1 goal, 1 assist, +3, 3 shots

Carle: 4 assists, +5, 1 shot

Pronger effect in full force tonight I see.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 11:17 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5775
No brooms in our house *****es

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 11:42 PM
mucker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar Ping View Post
$20 for a Flyers playoff game, game 4 of all things. WOW

I could almost fly to Phile and get a ticket while still saving money compared to here in Vancouver.

btw GOOOOO FLYERSSSSS! I EXPECT BLOOD! I EXPECT PASSION! I EXPECT GOALS!
Why were tickets so cheap? The Flyers play at close to a capacity crowd all season, they have a passionate base, don't understand why they would have problems filling the place.

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 11:44 PM
mucker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I was surprised by how few Bruins fans there were the other night. There was some, but not nearly as many as I was expecting, and the game didn't even sell out.
What? It didn't sell out? The box score read over 19,000. The Flyers have no problem selling games out in the regular season, I don't get it? Explain?

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 11:44 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

I thought Kimo had a pretty good game...

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Terence Peterman

Ok...so my DVR recording stopped with 38 seconds left in regulation. Regardless...was tonight more the effect of Gagne coming back, the team being in a typical upswing after a rough downswing in games 1-3, or just a whole bunch of weird ****?

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 11:50 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

kimmo had a terrible game. even during the season he doesnt make enough effort when they puck lands on an opponenets stick near the crease. look at the replays tonight. he was on ice for all the goals against except for that freak goal.

PhillyFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 11:51 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan4Ever View Post
kimmo had a terrible game. even during the season he doesnt make enough effort when they puck lands on an opponenets stick near the crease. look at the replays tonight. he was on ice for all the goals against except for that freak goal.
I do agree that the 4th goal was kinda his fault. But the other ones? Really? I watched them and 0% had to do with him.

Old
05-07-2010, 11:52 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
Ok...so my DVR recording stopped with 38 seconds left in regulation. Regardless...was tonight more the effect of Gagne coming back, the team being in a typical upswing after a rough downswing in games 1-3, or just a whole bunch of weird ****?
Being swept not being an option

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

A game to remember

So I was at tonight's game, I went with my girl and a couple buddies, we got tickets on stubhub for $28... not a bad value if you ask me lol.

I'm going to remember this game for a few reasons. First off, it was my first playoff ot game, and second I called Gagne scoring the winner. However, the main reason I will never forget this game is not Gagnes goal, its what he did before he scored.

Me and my friends were talking about how it had been a while since we had seen him or Carcillo. We counted players on the bench to make sure everyone was there, and my girlfriend spotted Gagne. We all assumed he must have still be hurting pretty bad to not be out there at the end of the 3rd or in ot.

A few minutes later play stopped and Gagne hopped over the bench and skated back and forth for a few feet, clearly in pain. His stride was rigid and he was favoring one side. But he did this after every stoppage,skating a little further along the bench, again clearly hurt, but he did not allow it to deter him. After watching this I said he's coming back in and he's gonna score. Sure enough not 3 minutes later, history was made.

It was awesome to watch and something I'll always remember. I hope no one ever questions his heart.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 11:57 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1481
Gormley says that Leighton could be in uniform as a backup Monday.

No additonal word on Parent or Carcillo.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 12:09 AM
PhillyFan4Ever

what about the goal he went to push a guy off who wasnt even blocking or near the crease?

PhillyFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 12:10 AM
FlyersWillRockU
Too Old? Rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
How is Mark Recchi, a wing by the net, inherently a wing's defensive responsibility? That area is defensemen and center's job, the wings cover high and the points.
Richie was already covering the high man. So Powe MUST look for the open man which he didnt. Watch the play again King Jester

FlyersWillRockU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 12:21 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan4Ever View Post
what about the goal he went to push a guy off who wasnt even blocking or near the crease?
1st one? Kimo pitched and someone turned it over so he lost a step on his guy. The guy didnt even score, the trailer did. (Which being honest, if Boosh didnt swarl all over the place on a pad shot at him, he could of had it)

2nd? Wasn't on ice

3rd one? Lucic with a nice deflection. What can Kimo do?

4th one?: Kinda Powe's fault, wont lie, but Kimo left Pronger hangin with 2 guys. He did take the guy with the puck, which you are supposed to do, but it left a guy near the net open.

Kimo hasnt been great these playoffs, but to say he has been terrible, and some saying our worse d-man? Now come on now. I know once Pronger got here, some think Kimo shouldnt be here anymore, but please....

Old
05-08-2010, 12:31 AM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

Oh my god...lol at the people throwing blame at Powe on the play that led to that last Bruins goal. Powe was exactly where he should have been. He's a winger on that shift...there was a man at that point...he was exactly where he should have been. That pass went right through Richards and Pronger. They were positioned well also, but just weren't able to doing anything about that pass, which was an incredible one by Bergeron, btw. But yeah, the Powe criticisms on that play are just entirely misguided and laughable.

Regarding that play, though...there's something I'm much more interested in talking about. And that's whether or not it would be possible to describe the size of the dunce cap Lavi deserves for having Briere on the ice there. What. The. ****? What the **** is he thinking? I admired his decision to have Powe-Betts-Nodl out there on the shift just previous, considering how well they'd been playing. And I'm not sure whether Briere got on before the icing and then had to stay or what, but regardless...WHAT IN THE **** is he being sent out there for right there??? What really scares me about that decision, is that it suggests that Lavi is not all that in tune with how bad Briere can be defensively. But how the **** could he not be!? What the **** has he been watching since he got here? How does the head ****ing coach not know to keep Briere off the ice there?? All of the reporters were too dumb to ask him about that...but even if they had, he'd probably have made some comment about wanting two guys out there that could potentially take the draw. Well, guess ****ing what, Betts(who had just had rest because of the time-out) is your guy there...hell, even Giroux or Powe as that guy. Christ, anyone but Briere.

Now, I'd be going on this tirade whether the Bruins had scored or not. I was screaming at the tv before the puck was even dropped. However, as upset as I was, I never would have figured that not only would Briere actually **** up as badly as he did...but that the Bruins would then score following his ****-up. I mean, it was just unreal that it actually played out that way. Unreal, that sure enough, Briere couldn't even figure out where the **** he was supposed to go after the face-off. If he immediately goes where he should have gone, Wideman isn't able to move that puck to Bergeron the way he did. Briere was more at fault on that play than anyone....well, except Lavi.

Also, Powe did screw up with the turnover on the play before...I'm not exonerating him from that. Although, it wasn't the worst play in the world as he was trying to gain the red line and Chara made a nice play. What he does need to be capable of doing there though is chipping that puck down the boards without icing it...before he potentially has to deal with being in the realm of Paul Bunyan's pokecheck.

Last edited by claude boivin lives: 05-08-2010 at 12:38 AM.
claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote