HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Group D • 05/07/10 • United States 1, Germany 2 (OT)

View Poll Results: Will the U.S. get 5+ goals at Gelsenkirchen?
Yes 19 38.78%
No 30 61.22%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Sanderson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
dont need to jump to conclusions....just replying to what you wrote......now they were lucky to escape with the win???? whatever man.
No, you were definately jumping to conclusions. The post was pretty clear.

First it was mentioned that team USA has rather suspect scoring, followed by the question if they even have a 25+ goalscorer from the NHL on the roster. Team USA has the goal to win a medal, they obviously won't be able to reach that goal if they can't score.

Germany, on the other hand, wants to get to the next round, they don't expect to win a medal and even the hope for a place in the quarterfinals is rather slim.

It should have been pretty obvious to you that the goals and expectations are entirely different and as such warrant a completely different player quality.

The post wasn't about winning a single game, it was about meeting expectations in the tournament. Obviously Germany won't be able to contend for a medal without scoring either, but that has absolutely nothing to do with the points which were brought up.

You can get to a certain level without elite scoring, but if you want to win something, like Team USA does, you have to get it.

So yes, you were jumping to conclusions, and pretty much failed to comprehend the post you were answering to.

Not that I agree with the argument entirely. It was just one game, against an opponent who had much more time to prepare and who was pushed by 77,000 fans. There is more than enough time for Team USA to turn this around. It's not like all the other favorites are loaded with elite NHL-scorers either.

Just like Germany can follow up their one great game by two really bad ones, like they have done in the past, and thus go to the relegation round again, is it possible for the USA to turn things around and go after a medal.

Old
05-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Jesus ****ing Christ...................

who put this US roster together ??????

Not that i care about a beer league world championchip......
but where are all the american players ????????

Old
05-08-2010, 11:59 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson View Post
No, you were definately jumping to conclusions. The post was pretty clear.

First it was mentioned that team USA has rather suspect scoring, followed by the question if they even have a 25+ goalscorer from the NHL on the roster. Team USA has the goal to win a medal, they obviously won't be able to reach that goal if they can't score.

Germany, on the other hand, wants to get to the next round, they don't expect to win a medal and even the hope for a place in the quarterfinals is rather slim.

It should have been pretty obvious to you that the goals and expectations are entirely different and as such warrant a completely different player quality.

The post wasn't about winning a single game, it was about meeting expectations in the tournament. Obviously Germany won't be able to contend for a medal without scoring either, but that has absolutely nothing to do with the points which were brought up.

You can get to a certain level without elite scoring, but if you want to win something, like Team USA does, you have to get it.

So yes, you were jumping to conclusions, and pretty much failed to comprehend the post you were answering to.

Not that I agree with the argument entirely. It was just one game, against an opponent who had much more time to prepare and who was pushed by 77,000 fans. There is more than enough time for Team USA to turn this around. It's not like all the other favorites are loaded with elite NHL-scorers either.

Just like Germany can follow up their one great game by two really bad ones, like they have done in the past, and thus go to the relegation round again, is it possible for the USA to turn things around and go after a medal.
who are you, and why are you replying for someone else???

your post was a complete waste of time...not sure who is more clueless, you or the ORIGINAL poster..

Old
05-09-2010, 02:23 AM
Sanderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
who are you, and why are you replying for someone else???

your post was a complete waste of time...not sure who is more clueless, you or the ORIGINAL poster..
Oh, how dare I reply to someone on a message board, I should have known that only two people are allowed to discuss things
Maybe I should suggest to the admins to add this to the site rules, it sure would make things much better

If you are to incompetent to understand what others are writing that's entirely your fault, not mine. That you have the nerve to insult someone who explains something to you is even better.

I guess that's how you go, if you can't win an argument, just insult them, way to go!

Old
05-09-2010, 04:48 AM
Salzig
I am laudable.

Well... it was one (of not, THE ONE) of the most entertaining hockey games I've ever seen. I had a place in the standings but I saw the ice well. The atmosphere was awesome in the beginning but as the game progressed it wasn't that good anymore. In the end it was just awesome. Really awesome. I just hope our players will work as hard as they did on friday because it seems that Denmark is pretty good, too.

Old
05-09-2010, 05:44 AM
pouskin74*

well done Germany!

Old
05-09-2010, 10:52 AM
hs86183

Here a video from me after the Game:

Old
05-09-2010, 11:42 AM