HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

McGuire on CKAC: Markov on the ice!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-09-2010, 07:42 PM
  #51
prairie hab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,022
vCash: 500
People are saying there is a chance Markov will play....... if not game 6 or 7, maybe a week away.....

JUST IN TIME TO MAKE A TRIP TO THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

IF HE GOES TO PLAY AT THE WORLD'S WE SHOULD TRADE HIS PANSY ASS.

THE TRUTH IS HIS LAST FEW PLAYOFF "RUNS" HAVE BEEN NOTHING SHORT OF INVISIBLE. THIS GUY CANNOT STAY HEALTHY ANY LONGER. THOSE SAYING HE IS CAPTAIN MATERIAL ARE FOOLS. THE HABS HAVE PROVEN THEY CAN WIN WITHOUT HIM.

Now with an ACL injury, this guy is quickly going to wash up. PK Subban is the future - deal Markov this offseason while he still might have some value, and build the depth. How many more seasons do we want to witness Markov get injured at crunch time?????
Not his fault, but the writing is on the wall. He is becoming damaged goods........ and if he makes a recovery to play at the World's - we know where his heart is as well.

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 07:48 PM
  #52
Schooner Guy
Registered User
 
Schooner Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
People are saying there is a chance Markov will play....... if not game 6 or 7, maybe a week away.....

JUST IN TIME TO MAKE A TRIP TO THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

IF HE GOES TO PLAY AT THE WORLD'S WE SHOULD TRADE HIS PANSY ASS.

THE TRUTH IS HIS LAST FEW PLAYOFF "RUNS" HAVE BEEN NOTHING SHORT OF INVISIBLE. THIS GUY CANNOT STAY HEALTHY ANY LONGER. THOSE SAYING HE IS CAPTAIN MATERIAL ARE FOOLS. THE HABS HAVE PROVEN THEY CAN WIN WITHOUT HIM.

Now with an ACL injury, this guy is quickly going to wash up. PK Subban is the future - deal Markov this offseason while he still might have some value, and build the depth. How many more seasons do we want to witness Markov get injured at crunch time?????
Not his fault, but the writing is on the wall. He is becoming damaged goods........ and if he makes a recovery to play at the World's - we know where his heart is as well.
Wow! That's a pointless rant if I've ever seen one.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 07:50 PM
  #53
habdynasty
Registered User
 
habdynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,747
vCash: 500
I really hope he does not play at the world championships.

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 07:51 PM
  #54
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,879
vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
People are saying there is a chance Markov will play....... if not game 6 or 7, maybe a week away.....

JUST IN TIME TO MAKE A TRIP TO THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

IF HE GOES TO PLAY AT THE WORLD'S WE SHOULD TRADE HIS PANSY ASS.

THE TRUTH IS HIS LAST FEW PLAYOFF "RUNS" HAVE BEEN NOTHING SHORT OF INVISIBLE. THIS GUY CANNOT STAY HEALTHY ANY LONGER. THOSE SAYING HE IS CAPTAIN MATERIAL ARE FOOLS. THE HABS HAVE PROVEN THEY CAN WIN WITHOUT HIM.

Now with an ACL injury, this guy is quickly going to wash up. PK Subban is the future - deal Markov this offseason while he still might have some value, and build the depth. How many more seasons do we want to witness Markov get injured at crunch time?????
Not his fault, but the writing is on the wall. He is becoming damaged goods........ and if he makes a recovery to play at the World's - we know where his heart is as well.
If he recovers, why shouldn't he play for his country? He's not playing for another team. He's playing for his country.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 07:52 PM
  #55
prairie hab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Wow! That's a pointless rant if I've ever seen one.
It won't be pointless if Markov does somehow get healthy enough to play at the World's.............
But I rather he make his comeback sometime before early June

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 07:59 PM
  #56
dapriceisright
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 15
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
It won't be pointless if Markov does somehow get healthy enough to play at the World's.............
But I rather he make his comeback sometime before early June
yes it will still be pointless. if he makes a full recovery in a few days or in a week, and we happen to be eliminated why should he not play for the world`s? if that is what he wants to do.

markov was only playing like 27 minutes some games in the first round while being real sound defensively. but yes i agree he's useless and all of a sudden subban is better than a top 5Dman or will be starting next season.

dapriceisright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 07:59 PM
  #57
prairie hab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
If he recovers, why shouldn't he play for his country? He's not playing for another team. He's playing for his country.
Because it will again show that he is not willing to gut it out for the team that he makes his living with. He rather be ready to go for when his "countrymen" play. If circumstance has it that the Habs do not advance (and I am not insinuating that one bit), and Markov miraculously heals up, I would take it as a slap in the face.

Markov's late-season and playoff injuries are becoming consistent over the last few seasons. Is he dependable? Can he up his game when it counts? He gets treated with kid gloves around these forums, and I don't get it. Immense talent - but has not proven he is a "gamer". If he goes to play at the World's he is declaring his loyalties.

Funny thing is, most of Russia's Olympic roster will be at the World's.

COINCIDENCE???

I think not.

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 08:02 PM
  #58
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,879
vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
Because it will again show that he is not willing to gut it out for the team that he makes his living with. He rather be ready to go for when his "countrymen" play. If circumstance has it that the Habs do not advance (and I am not insinuating that one bit), and Markov miraculously heals up, I would take it as a slap in the face.

Markov's late-season and playoff injuries are becoming consistent over the last few seasons. Is he dependable? Can he up his game when it counts? He gets treated with kid gloves around these forums, and I don't get it. Immense talent - but has not proven he is a "gamer". If he goes to play at the World's he is declaring his loyalties.

Funny thing is, most of Russia's Olympic roster will be at the World's.

COINCIDENCE???

I think not.
No coincidence, he has a rehab schedule, and you can't expect someone to mess up their ACL and be back 4 games later. If he's ready and wants to play for his country? Why not? He shouldn't rush and screw his career up.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 08:03 PM
  #59
prairie hab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapriceisright View Post
yes it will still be pointless. if he makes a full recovery in a few days or in a week, and we happen to be eliminated why should he not play for the world`s? if that is what he wants to do.

markov was only playing like 27 minutes some games in the first round while being real sound defensively. but yes i agree he's useless and all of a sudden subban is better than a top 5Dman or will be starting next season.
I never ever called Markov useless. What he is becoming is INJURY PRONE. THis has to be carefully considered once his contract is up at the end of next season.
PK will be a beast and you know it. It's not like we won't add other talented d-men over the next couple seasons either.

Hab fans have to get over this whole "Markov is God" complex. He is the most OVERRATED player by Habs fans, and the ways he's finished (or has not finished) his last few seasons needs to be recognized.

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 08:04 PM
  #60
habdynasty
Registered User
 
habdynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,747
vCash: 500
I hope Canada crushes the Russians again .....

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 08:04 PM
  #61
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
Because it will again show that he is not willing to gut it out for the team that he makes his living with. He rather be ready to go for when his "countrymen" play. If circumstance has it that the Habs do not advance (and I am not insinuating that one bit), and Markov miraculously heals up, I would take it as a slap in the face.

Markov's late-season and playoff injuries are becoming consistent over the last few seasons. Is he dependable? Can he up his game when it counts? He gets treated with kid gloves around these forums, and I don't get it. Immense talent - but has not proven he is a "gamer". If he goes to play at the World's he is declaring his loyalties.

Funny thing is, most of Russia's Olympic roster will be at the World's.

COINCIDENCE???

I think not.
That makes no sense at all. If he wanted to play at the worlds, he would be resting.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 08:05 PM
  #62
prairie hab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
No coincidence, he has a rehab schedule, and you can't expect someone to mess up their ACL and be back 4 games later. If he's ready and wants to play for his country? Why not? He shouldn't rush and screw his career up.
I totally agree with you - so why risk further injury by potentially playing in the Worlds???

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 08:09 PM
  #63
Schooner Guy
Registered User
 
Schooner Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
I totally agree with you - so why risk further injury by potentially playing in the Worlds???
When did he ever say he was going to go play in the Worlds?? This is pointless and baseless speculation.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 08:16 PM
  #64
Randomhero
Registered User
 
Randomhero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
Because it will again show that he is not willing to gut it out for the team that he makes his living with. He rather be ready to go for when his "countrymen" play. If circumstance has it that the Habs do not advance (and I am not insinuating that one bit), and Markov miraculously heals up, I would take it as a slap in the face.

Markov's late-season and playoff injuries are becoming consistent over the last few seasons. Is he dependable? Can he up his game when it counts? He gets treated with kid gloves around these forums, and I don't get it. Immense talent - but has not proven he is a "gamer". If he goes to play at the World's he is declaring his loyalties.

Funny thing is, most of Russia's Olympic roster will be at the World's.

COINCIDENCE???

I think not.
So what you're saying is that most Russians would rather play in the WC than the Stanley Cup?

Randomhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 10:28 PM
  #65
Nicko999
Registered User
 
Nicko999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,599
vCash: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
People are saying there is a chance Markov will play....... if not game 6 or 7, maybe a week away.....

JUST IN TIME TO MAKE A TRIP TO THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

IF HE GOES TO PLAY AT THE WORLD'S WE SHOULD TRADE HIS PANSY ASS.

THE TRUTH IS HIS LAST FEW PLAYOFF "RUNS" HAVE BEEN NOTHING SHORT OF INVISIBLE. THIS GUY CANNOT STAY HEALTHY ANY LONGER. THOSE SAYING HE IS CAPTAIN MATERIAL ARE FOOLS. THE HABS HAVE PROVEN THEY CAN WIN WITHOUT HIM.

Now with an ACL injury, this guy is quickly going to wash up. PK Subban is the future - deal Markov this offseason while he still might have some value, and build the depth. How many more seasons do we want to witness Markov get injured at crunch time?????
Not his fault, but the writing is on the wall. He is becoming damaged goods........ and if he makes a recovery to play at the World's - we know where his heart is as well.
We can win without Markov???

We're well below .500 without him and around .700 with him.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 10:48 PM
  #66
prairie hab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
We can win without Markov???

We're well below .500 without him and around .700 with him.
Those are regular season stats.

This is the farthest the Habs have gone in the playoffs in years........ where was the Markov "win %" stats with all those 1st round exits in past playoff years?

I know he is only one player, but the guy can hardly be regarded as a gamer...... he is not an awful playoff performer, but his # of games played, and lesser production come playoff time tell me enough...........

I don't hate Markov. I hate how he is so overrated by the majority of Habs fans. And I will hate the brass for offering him a long term deal to stay until he proves he can be durable, and raise his game WHEN IT COUNTS.

He is not a sound investment going forward....... the injuries are piling up.

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 11:08 PM
  #67
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
Those are regular season stats.

This is the farthest the Habs have gone in the playoffs in years........ where was the Markov "win %" stats with all those 1st round exits in past playoff years?

I know he is only one player, but the guy can hardly be regarded as a gamer...... he is not an awful playoff performer, but his # of games played, and lesser production come playoff time tell me enough...........

I don't hate Markov. I hate how he is so overrated by the majority of Habs fans. And I will hate the brass for offering him a long term deal to stay until he proves he can be durable, and raise his game WHEN IT COUNTS.

He is not a sound investment going forward....... the injuries are piling up.

Not a gamer? The guy tore his acl last week and he's already back on the ice. Give your head a shake. We won the washington series with him, a series most people said we had no business taking past 3 games.

overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 11:32 PM
  #68
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003
 
The n00b King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Not a gamer? The guy tore his acl last week and he's already back on the ice. Give your head a shake. We won the washington series with him, a series most people said we had no business taking past 3 games.
not only that but apparently getting sliced up by a skate is considered being injury prone.

huh ya...ok there. wtf guy?

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 11:52 PM
  #69
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,204
vCash: 500
In before all the HF experts talk about their historic battles with ACL & MCL tears, and recovery time. Because god knows their time away from Fred`s Furniture Barn, in the Beer League, is a good comparison to injuries to pro athletes.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 11:53 PM
  #70
Westcoasthabsfan
Registered User
 
Westcoasthabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In Pandoras Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,246
vCash: 500
Face it folks the Habs are going to have to win with the hand they are dealt and hoping its with MAB in the press box in civies....he is useless

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 01:24 AM
  #71
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
People are saying there is a chance Markov will play....... if not game 6 or 7, maybe a week away.....

JUST IN TIME TO MAKE A TRIP TO THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

IF HE GOES TO PLAY AT THE WORLD'S WE SHOULD TRADE HIS PANSY ASS.

THE TRUTH IS HIS LAST FEW PLAYOFF "RUNS" HAVE BEEN NOTHING SHORT OF INVISIBLE. THIS GUY CANNOT STAY HEALTHY ANY LONGER. THOSE SAYING HE IS CAPTAIN MATERIAL ARE FOOLS. THE HABS HAVE PROVEN THEY CAN WIN WITHOUT HIM.

Now with an ACL injury, this guy is quickly going to wash up. PK Subban is the future - deal Markov this offseason while he still might have some value, and build the depth. How many more seasons do we want to witness Markov get injured at crunch time?????
Not his fault, but the writing is on the wall. He is becoming damaged goods........ and if he makes a recovery to play at the World's - we know where his heart is as well.
I don't agree that Markov is dogging it. You are way off base with that one.

But I DO believe that Markov is increasingly fragile. What is this, the second or third time he's gone down late season or in playoffs?

He might be done. That's at least 2 serious knee injuries the last 2 years.

I love the guy, he's a great player, but he's got legs of glass.

I'm not sure he's ever gonna play 70 games a year again, let alone 24 tough playoff games after that.

Should we start thinking the unthinkable? Because Marky's horribly timed injuries are killing us, and I'd take a guy with 3/4 of his ability who can give us 100 games a year the next 4 years...

Let the debate begin.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 06:05 AM
  #72
Mother Pucker
Registered User
 
Mother Pucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Tibet
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
If he tore his ACL, it's not like he can tear it worse. Though I suppose there's a risk he could injure something else.
Actually yes he can tear it worse; even with a brace you can't play with a fully torn ACL, only with a partially torn one, and even then, it's risky. Therefore yes, he could further injure himself.

Mother Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 06:15 AM
  #73
Rhiessan71
Just a Fool
 
Rhiessan71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Guelph, Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Pucker View Post
Actually yes he can tear it worse; even with a brace you can't play with a fully torn ACL, only with a partially torn one, and even then, it's risky. Therefore yes, he could further injure himself.
Other way around actually, partial means you're done and can only hurt yourself and make the tear worse.
Full tear means you can't do any more damage.
Hockey is one of the few sports that can be played without an ACL provided the knee is braced to protect the other ligaments.
You would however be more limited in the speed with which you could pivot and turn.
There is another option as well though, could be a severe sprain which isn't really any diff than a partial tear in terms of recovery and fuctionality.
As anyone that has sprained an ankle or a finger knows, 9 times out of 10 you would of been better off with a break instead.


Last edited by Rhiessan71: 05-10-2010 at 06:32 AM.
Rhiessan71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 12:44 PM
  #74
prairie hab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
I don't agree that Markov is dogging it. You are way off base with that one.

But I DO believe that Markov is increasingly fragile. What is this, the second or third time he's gone down late season or in playoffs?

He might be done. That's at least 2 serious knee injuries the last 2 years.

I love the guy, he's a great player, but he's got legs of glass.

I'm not sure he's ever gonna play 70 games a year again, let alone 24 tough playoff games after that.

Should we start thinking the unthinkable? Because Marky's horribly timed injuries are killing us, and I'd take a guy with 3/4 of his ability who can give us 100 games a year the next 4 years...

Let the debate begin.
Thank you, at least someone else sees my point.

As far as me saying Markov was dogging it - I never said that,

BUT

I was pissed to no end a couple years back when he "miraculously" healed from an undisclosed injury that readied him for the World's....... in fact he was on his way out of Montreal hours after the Habs were eliminated. If he is injured as bad as speculated with an ACL, he has no business risking further damage by playing at the World's.

Some have called me out for "speculating" that he is going to the World's in the first place - fair enough - but his past history has shown that this is a priority for him if given the opportunity.

Frankly, this might be a lost issue considering the fact the Habs will advance to the next round..................

BTW, some are calling me a troll...LOL
Just because my "post" count is not overly high, doesn't mean I have not followed these boards for a very long time. In fact, how many posters here can claim they have seen/witnessed the Habs last 6 Stanley Cup wins?????

I can have my opinion like anyone else, whether you like it or not.

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 03:07 PM
  #75
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
People are saying there is a chance Markov will play....... if not game 6 or 7, maybe a week away.....

JUST IN TIME TO MAKE A TRIP TO THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

IF HE GOES TO PLAY AT THE WORLD'S WE SHOULD TRADE HIS PANSY ASS.

THE TRUTH IS HIS LAST FEW PLAYOFF "RUNS" HAVE BEEN NOTHING SHORT OF INVISIBLE. THIS GUY CANNOT STAY HEALTHY ANY LONGER. THOSE SAYING HE IS CAPTAIN MATERIAL ARE FOOLS. THE HABS HAVE PROVEN THEY CAN WIN WITHOUT HIM.

Now with an ACL injury, this guy is quickly going to wash up. PK Subban is the future - deal Markov this offseason while he still might have some value, and build the depth. How many more seasons do we want to witness Markov get injured at crunch time?????
Not his fault, but the writing is on the wall. He is becoming damaged goods........ and if he makes a recovery to play at the World's - we know where his heart is as well.
EPIC FAIL

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.