HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

It's Not Over

Old
05-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
Good point.

Boston hasnt lost yet at home. We need to get that first goal.

For sure...no fun trailing against this team. Feels like facing the really good trap the Devils used to inflict on us. Get ahead and pound their defensemen. The more I look at the rest of the series, I'm convinced Boosh is going to have to steal one. We're a different team when Scott Hartnell's head's in the game. His forecheck on Chara was impressive. He and Powe and a few other guys went at him hard. If you can even make Chara a little uncomfortable chasing dump ins, you've got a shot at beating the Bruins.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Mike2000z28

The series could easily be 3-1 flyers as the first 2 games were really close. The thing is though Boston is playing awesome as a team and not making many mistakes that the flyers are making them pay. Yeah we won this game, but it almost like we can't put them away like Detroit put away San Jose the other night. The team needs to play perfect against this Boston team and i don't see that happening. Boston the way they are playing reminds me of playing old school jersey. Nobody really great on the team but as a whole they play amazing.

Mike2000z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 04:32 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanmoreMike View Post
Oiler fan who still loves Pronger and what he did in '06 and done since then.

Beat the Bruins in Game 5 and you guys will win Game 6. You want to get ahead early - that's obviously better than playing from behind against Rask - but keep the score tight. No 7-1 drubbings! Save that till Game 7.

This thing is possible. Close, nut punch victories are the ones that haunt teams in the playoffs. Two more of those and Boston goes down.
That's a tall order, but I agree. Keep lugging away, get the first goal, and take it one game at a time. Every championship team has to overcome adversity. This is the type of season that someone will make a movie about ten years from now! LET'S GO FLYERS!!!!!!

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 04:51 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

We just need to stop giving up goals. Anyway you look at it, giving up 15 goals in 4 games is pretty bad.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 06:50 PM
fire bettman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
I'm fully expecting Gagne to just start channeling the spirit of Peter Forsberg and carry us to two wins.

And then we lose in game 7
Peter Forsberg once told me......

sorry I had to do it.

I think that the bottom line is that you don't buy a lottery ticket fully expecting to become a millionaire. Just like I'm not going to watch the next game expecting the Flyers to win the next three straight because I'm pretty sure both of those things have very similar odds. Does that mean I'm not hoping the Flyers go down in history as the third NHL team in history to ever pull it off? Hell no. I'm pulling for it 100%. But I won't be surprised when it doesn't happen.

fire bettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

now since this thread has been made the flyers will lose the next game lol

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 12:31 PM
FlyersCup08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
now since this thread has been made the flyers will lose the next game lol
This thread was made after the 4-1 loss in Game 3...

FlyersCup08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Haute Couturier

Well the odds are against them, but they just have to focus on one game at a time and anything can happen. Someone has to defy the odds eventually.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 12:48 PM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanmoreMike View Post
Oiler fan who still loves Pronger and what he did in '06 and done since then.

Beat the Bruins in Game 5 and you guys will win Game 6. You want to get ahead early - that's obviously better than playing from behind against Rask - but keep the score tight. No 7-1 drubbings! Save that till Game 7.

This thing is possible. Close, nut punch victories are the ones that haunt teams in the playoffs. Two more of those and Boston goes down.
Easier said than done, B's clinched in BUF in Game 6 last series, and they came back in several games after BUF hadn't lost a game when they were up heading into the third all year.

I expect a tough game Monday night, but a victory from BOS. Rask's worse game against BUF was the Game 5 loss, he had two full days off, and was a rock Game 6. If I was PHI I would have wanted to keep momentum and get back on the ice ASAP, but the two days blunts that.

ps If Carcillo is not 100%, the mountain becomes that much harder to climb.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 12:53 PM
FlyersCup08

-The possibility of successfully coming back from 3-0 is approximately 3,720 to 1!
-Never tell me the odds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKsVVmOGV9I

FlyersCup08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Their effort in game 4 really said a lot about the character of the team. Flyer teams of previous years tended to fold when facing elimination, but this group, despite giving up that awful goal at the end of regulation didn't pack it in like I feared they would.

Here's hoping for at least one more home game this season.

Toonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 02:18 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
No one is 100% on any team right now, but you're right.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 03:12 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

First couple seconds is where the emphasis is.......obviously.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Easier said than done, B's clinched in BUF in Game 6 last series, and they came back in several games after BUF hadn't lost a game when they were up heading into the third all year.

I expect a tough game Monday night, but a victory from BOS. Rask's worse game against BUF was the Game 5 loss, he had two full days off, and was a rock Game 6. If I was PHI I would have wanted to keep momentum and get back on the ice ASAP, but the two days blunts that.

I'm sure if we win game 5 there'll be a similar response about how we won't win game 6 because of something else that happened in another series. Honestly, this is why they play one game at a time. Better hope the B's don't let game 5 slip away or worse yet...better hope the Flyers don't go out there and take it from you. That's when the thoughts of a choke starts to enter the Bruin's psyche.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Viller

This team can definately come back, they've found ways to beat Rask and quite frankly I dont think hes been that good. He's had big saves, no doubt, buts hes no Halak(meaning he hasn't been the reason they've won). Not in this series anyway... Hopefully they are getting to his head.

Viller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 08:53 PM
buff

The Krejci injury... the comeback of Gagné... a correct performance by Hartnell in the last game maybe an other tomorow ... Anything is possible!!

buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 05:30 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

if the flyers win tonight, likely they win game 6 as well, but then it's back to boston and i think the b's take that one

so it's either boston in 5, or boston in 7. Winning 4 straight coming back from 3-0 is really tough, especially when playing a fairly evenly matched but also VERY hungry team. I think the B's were done taking **** when it was play off clinch time, and it showed vs the sabres.

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 08:27 AM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudFan98 View Post
if the flyers win tonight, likely they win game 6 as well, but then it's back to boston and i think the b's take that one

so it's either boston in 5, or boston in 7. Winning 4 straight coming back from 3-0 is really tough, especially when playing a fairly evenly matched but also VERY hungry team. I think the B's were done taking **** when it was play off clinch time, and it showed vs the sabres.
The Sabres also didn't show up, so that's not quite as good a benchmark as you'd like.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 10:06 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
I'm sure if we win game 5 there'll be a similar response about how we won't win game 6 because of something else that happened in another series. Honestly, this is why they play one game at a time. Better hope the B's don't let game 5 slip away or worse yet...better hope the Flyers don't go out there and take it from you. That's when the thoughts of a choke starts to enter the Bruin's psyche.

I expect Flyers fans to be positive, but there is a reason that only two teams have EVER come back from a 3-0 deficit...it ain't easy. Possible, but unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
The Sabres also didn't show up, so that's not quite as good a benchmark as you'd like.

Ya think maybe Rask and the Bruins D had something to do with this?

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 11:31 AM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

vCash: 50
Quote:

None of the games in Buffalo have nothing to do with this one, just like our series against the Devils have nothing to do with this.
Boston came back twice in game 4, had all the momentum heading into OT(I thought the Flyers were doomed heading into OT) but Gagne got the big goal and the Flyers are still alive. All the pressure is on Boston because not many people outside that Philly lockerroom is giving them a chance in this game.

GoneFullHolmgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 12:37 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Damn right it's not over....Losing DK was a blow we really couldn't afford...Notice how quiet Satan was without him?

I just hope Boucher doesn't heat up or else this goes 7.....Bruins need to wrap it up this evening, if not, see you back here Friday.

Good luck.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 03:35 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
whatever you say man, they played much like they did all year, and i called bruins in 6 before the series even started, rask and the B's had their number. But they were still our toughest opponent so far.

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 03:37 PM
jd2210
Registered Non User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersCup08 View Post
-The possibility of successfully coming back from 3-0 is approximately 3,720 to 1!
-Never tell me the odds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKsVVmOGV9I
In the words of Lloyd Christmas: "So you're saying there's a chance."

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

If they win tonight, they take the series to 7 games i think. But i really can't see them winning this game tonight. Everyone keeps saying the pressure is on boston. Do they realise that it's win or go home for us too?

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 04:23 PM
PhilaFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
In the words of Lloyd Christmas: "So you're saying there's a chance."

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote