HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

a humbled man

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2003, 09:21 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

vCash: 500
a humbled man

a few days ago, i thought it would be funny to exploit the drama that is the mike comrie situation, for those who were not subject to my mental abuse, what i did was put "ITS OFFICIAL, MIKE COMRIE IS A COYOTE!!!, in the subject head, then in the message i wrote "is what i would say if comrie turned into a coyote, or id say its official mike comrie is a monkey, if he turned into a monkey.

so anyways, eventhough i seen it as a harmless joke, i admit that it was stupid and that i should never had toyed with other die hard oil fans emotions. so i got what i deserved and was forced to go A WHOLE 3 DAYS WITHOUT POSTING!!! so now that i'm back im here to apoligize to those hearts i stopped with my thread and i come back a humbled man.

now that im back with a fresh understanding of the rules, i promise not to make stupid falsified rumours like that anymore.

omg, Wayne Gretzky and Jari Kurri just signed 3 yr deals with The Oilers!!!! ok, maybe not.

Old
09-29-2003, 09:35 AM
nikeisevil

Send a message via MSN to nikeisevil
A tinge sarcastic don't you think?

Old
09-29-2003, 09:56 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeisevil

that is a heart felt apology, trust me.

Old
09-29-2003, 10:05 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
As long as you learn your lesson you will be fine.

Old
09-29-2003, 10:16 AM
IceDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeisevil

Eh. My kids understood this one long before they started school. "Life is full of choices. With every choice comes a consequence. If you don't like the consequence. Don't make the choice." It looks like mowzie's consequence was appropriate and understood.

imo - As long as the subject is not startling and misleading, a little good natured prodding or even sarcasm in the text is ok. We must remember that there are many old folks on this board. And, understandably, they're not too forgiving, when they've had to place 3-5 nitro tabs under their tongues.

Old
09-29-2003, 10:33 AM
USC Trojans
Thank you, Ales.

The "COMRIE IS A COYOTE" thread was uncalled for...
We're a pretty forgiving bunch, so as long as you make some good contributions, its water under the bridge.

Meanwhile, I hope we won't be seeing any COMRIE GOES WILD! or COMRIE IS CANADIEN! threads soon.

Old
09-29-2003, 10:39 AM
nikeisevil

Send a message via MSN to nikeisevil
Quote:
Oh, Mowzie.

I just realized my post sounded somewhat mean. I apologize. I was trying to be tongue in cheek.

Old
09-29-2003, 11:14 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

awwwwwwwwwwwwww..... group hug.

Old
09-29-2003, 01:56 PM
kraigus

Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Quote:
awwwwwwwwwwwwww..... group hug.
I love you guys, but not THAT much.

Old
09-29-2003, 02:18 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

gimme a break give the guy a break. i understand the rules however take it easy and chill out, hockey is a game(remember the commercial). to the die-hard oil fans, i am one as well however there is more to life than posting and complaining about a joke or somebodys elses point of view. at times i wonder if you have a home life or do you stalk jani rita.

Old
09-29-2003, 02:44 PM
USC Trojans
Thank you, Ales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola
at times i wonder if you have a home life or do you stalk jani rita.
Only on the odd days.
I don't know about the rest of you but, I usually only post when I'm bored at the office (which is most of the time). Living in So Cal, I don't get to talk hockey much, so the hfboards is really kick ass place for me to talk about the Oilers. I think we've got a good thing going on here, and I always look forward to reading what you guys post...so let's keep it that way.

Old
09-29-2003, 02:48 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

YEAH i got a little carried away with my rant, for that i apologize. no doubt about it there are some people here who post some very interesting and informative posts. HF boards by far are the best.

Old
09-29-2003, 04:30 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
a few days ago, i thought it would be funny to exploit the drama that is the mike comrie situation, for those who were not subject to my mental abuse, what i did was put "ITS OFFICIAL, MIKE COMRIE IS A COYOTE!!!, in the subject head, then in the message i wrote "is what i would say if comrie turned into a coyote, or id say its official mike comrie is a monkey, if he turned into a monkey.

so anyways, eventhough i seen it as a harmless joke, i admit that it was stupid and that i should never had toyed with other die hard oil fans emotions. so i got what i deserved and was forced to go A WHOLE 3 DAYS WITHOUT POSTING!!! so now that i'm back im here to apoligize to those hearts i stopped with my thread and i come back a humbled man.

now that im back with a fresh understanding of the rules, i promise not to make stupid falsified rumours like that anymore.

omg, Wayne Gretzky and Jari Kurri just signed 3 yr deals with The Oilers!!!! ok, maybe not.
I don't think it was THAT big of a deal, as if rarely happens (which is good otherwise it'd be impossible to know what to read or not). Hell, I laughed (fourty seconds after the uncountrolable rage subsided and I stopped screaming like a girl! :p )

Closed Thread