HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Games Around the League

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2010, 07:30 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Its not a bad sophmore playoff effort for Cammy, and you cant doubt that! In fact, its pretty darn good, and he's carrying his team, something very few people on this board thought he was capable of.

Lets just hope Ryan Smyth contributes a bit more throughout the next season and playoffs than he did this season, or we can talk about who's worth closer to what they're getting paid: the guy we got rid of, or the guy we (arguably) got in his place!

And in case the old refrain is about to be played about who was going to teach Kopitar how to play, two quick notes: 1) I am not sure any tutor is worth 6MM+ ; and 2) I havent yet been convinced that Kopitar has learned whatever it is that Smyth is supposed to be teaching. Kopi still turns away from the net, with and without the puck, far more than he should.

P.S. Cammy just scored AGAIN to tie it up.

Go Team Cammy GO!
I thought he was capable of it. I loved the kid. Still do. He is a born leader. I just didn't think and still don't think he is worth 6 million, that's all. Loving him and wanting to pay him that much can be inclusive.

Old
05-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
The Habs vs Pens game is crazy. Cammy is having a hell of a game/series.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
05-10-2010, 07:32 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
One season of playoffs Hoss. He had 1 goal and 2 assists last season with Calgary.
... And? It's awfully convenient to say that a guy's only had one good playoff season when he's only PLAYED two.

Old
05-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Shellz

Stupid Versus. I turn to the channel and I all I see is black. ARGG!

Old
05-10-2010, 07:36 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

P.S. Team Cammy 3-2

goal by . . . not Cammy, but Spacek!

Go Team Cammy GO!!!

Old
05-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... And? It's awfully convenient to say that a guy's only had one good playoff season when he's only PLAYED two.
Convenient? That's a fact. You are under the mistaken impression I am advocating a position. I am not. You see, I was actually bummed to Cammy go, wished we had kept him and hoped we could sign him for 3.5 to 4 for several years. Alas, it didn't happen. I get why Dean didn't want to do it and I agree with his reasons. Given the facts before him at that time, Cammy wasn't worth 6M per season for the Kings at that time and other teams were willing to pay it. These types of business decisions are made in the real world as well, especially in mine.

Old
05-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

The speed of this game is freaking nuts.

This boys and DIEHARD are what the Kings are missing.

Old
05-10-2010, 07:40 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Convenient? That's a fact. You are under the mistaken impression I am advocating a position. I am not. You see, I was actually bummed to Cammy go, wished we had kept him and hoped we could sign him for 3.5 to 4 for several years. Alas, it didn't happen. I get why Dean didn't want to do it and I agree with his reasons. Given the facts before him at that time, Cammy wasn't worth 6M per season for the Kings at that time and other teams were willing to pay it. These types of business decisions are made in the real world as well, especially in mine.
Can't believe you still believe that. What proof do you have that Cammy asked for $6 mil? Just a baseless rumor imo.

Old
05-10-2010, 07:43 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Can't believe you still believe that. What proof do you have that Cammy asked for $6 mil? Just a baseless rumor imo.
I thought we found out what he asked for in arbitration, no? It's been a while. Also, isn't that what he signed for with Montreal or close to it?

Old
05-10-2010, 07:45 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
I thought we found out what he asked for in arbitration, no? It's been a while. Also, isn't that what he signed for with Montreal or close to it?
That rumor from the arbitration is baseless as far as I know. However, Foxy did say that it would have cost kings $5 mil to sign Cammy which sounds more reasonable.

Old
05-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
This game is just flat out ridiculous. Excellent offensive play on both ends, posts being hit at will, just intense action.

Old
05-10-2010, 07:47 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
... If you agree with Dean's reason, which was that he plainly didn't think Cammalleri was good enough to make an effort to sign -- then in effect, you ARE advocating a position.

Quote:
Go Team Cammy GO!!!
... I call them Team Lombardi. After all, Dean indirectly built it. Grade A+, Dean!

Old
05-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... If you agree with Dean's reason, which was that he plainly didn't think Cammalleri was good enough to make an effort to sign -- then in effect, you ARE advocating a position.

... I call them Team Lombardi. After all, Dean indirectly built it. Grade A+, Dean!
Let's save the straw men for the crows. The Team Lombardi comment was funny though.

Old
05-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
That rumor from the arbitration is baseless as far as I know. However, Foxy did say that it would have cost kings $5 mil to sign Cammy which sounds more reasonable.
How do you know? Was it a rumor or did Dean flat out say it was 6M he asked for. It's all water under the bridge anyway.

Old
05-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
This game is just flat out ridiculous. Excellent offensive play on both ends, posts being hit at will, just intense action.
Murray would say "excessive" offensive play on both ends

I crack myself up.

Old
05-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Stupid Versus. I turn to the channel and I all I see is black. ARGG!
I guess NOT. HMP!

Old
05-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Vortex

Cammalleri asked for $6 million. Lombardi countered with $2.6 millon

http://articles.latimes.com/2007/aug...kingsducksrep7

Old
05-10-2010, 08:15 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, Cammy's agent did ask for 6MM as an opening offer. [source: DL, private STH meeting which I and Jr attended]

But, DL also knew that Cammy as the NHLPA was trying to use the Vanek 7MM for 7 yrs offer sheet to pull up league wide the salaries of players like himself.

DL lowballed him in response.

That is all business. Fine. GM's make business deccisions all the time.

BUT DL went far further and basically called him a POS. (see my quote on the previous page . . . "he's not a surfer, etc") That was DL's quote , not my analogy. He called him the other stuff that floats in the water. If thats not personal, I have no idea whatever could be.

All I know is that a guy who scores 39 in one season, who scores 26 in 65 games the next, who scores 11 goals in the playoffs through 13 games, to lead the league can FLAT OUT PLAY. He's the kind of one dimensional stuff that just floats around that our team doesnt curently possess but sure could have used.

DL is not perfect and he screwed the pooch on the Cammy situation. Never let it be said that DL doesnt't take it (business) personally, as I have maintained since June of '08 when I learned of reasons to know.

No one can say Cammy never would have done what he has done with the Kings because we never got to the playoffs for him to show it. So when DL resorts to those types of arguments, see I them for what they are baseless specualtion that some on this board want to believe becasue they have unconditionally attached their hopes and dreams for the KINGS to DL. Others have had to. While I am impressed by the development, we haven't won squat yet.

But we did jettison a real player for, at best, a number 5-6 defenseman who wont make an impact for at least 3-4 years, if ever.

Old
05-10-2010, 08:20 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
How do you know? Was it a rumor or did Dean flat out say it was 6M he asked for. It's all water under the bridge anyway.
I don't. That's why I'm saying it was just a baseless rumor because no one really seems to know the truth. Besides, IF Cammy did ask for $6 mil, don't you think it was more of a counter offer to DL's 2 mil offer?

But like you said, it's all water under the bridge, a bridge which will be revisited for many more years to come.

Old
05-10-2010, 08:20 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Team Cammy 4-2.

Very much looking like a Game Seven coming up.

Old
05-10-2010, 08:21 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
I don't. That's why I'm saying it was just a baseless rumor because no one really seems to know the truth. Besides, IF Cammy did ask for $6 mil, don't you think it was more of a counter offer to DL's 2 mil offer?

But like you said, it's all water under the bridge, a bridge which will be revisited for many more years to come.
Of that, I will make sure!!!!

Old
05-10-2010, 08:22 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

MTL winning is a good thing for the Kings, no? Correct me if I'm wrong but we would then be picking at 19 instead of 20 in the draft..? Can someone please tell me how this goes down?

Old
05-10-2010, 08:23 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Y'know... Simon Gagne's looked pretty damn good in the playoffs as well. He's also a highly talented LW who has one year remaining with a cap hit of $5.25M. He could be a trade option should the Flyers look to shed some cap space.

Old
05-10-2010, 08:28 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Yes, Cammy's agent did ask for 6MM as an opening offer. [source: DL, private STH meeting which I and Jr attended]
What exactly is a private STH meeting?

Old
05-10-2010, 08:28 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Cammy is a blight on DLs record. And old news. And new news. And it sucks. But I'm over it.

Hasn't DL since basically admitted he didn't handle him or the trade the best he could have? DL seems like the kind of intense thinker who must be self-critical, even if an egotist.

I doubt Lombardi looks back on that situation and smiles. Particularly as he watches these playoffs.

I also thinks its a little unfair to assume Cammy was going to be this good right now. At the time of the trade, the dude had just come off a season where he came out like gangbusters and then dropped of the map, and worse yet, exhibited some really selfish play trying to regain his touch. I always believed in Cammy, but I admit to having doubts about his reslience and longevity in the league that last season here.

I love watching him play now. He alone is almost making me hate the Habs less. Not much less, but a little.

Closed Thread