HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

CCM U+ PRO skates

Old
04-11-2010, 01:57 PM
imkegg85

vCash: 500
CCM U+ PRO skates

Has anyone skated on these yet and could give me some pros and cons about these. Also Hockey Monkey is selling some Cosmetic Blem ones for 199.99 and I'm wondering if anyone has picked these ones up and noticed anything insanely wrong with their appearance.

imkegg85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Webernaut

My buddy got a pair. They are not bad at all. His have a scuff in the finish on the boot. Nothing really noticeable at all.

Also, CCM U+ Pros are great skates. CCM skates are notorious for fitting a little different, just a heads up. Do some research on the fit. I own a pair of Reloadeds.

Pros: Great fit if you are a CCM guy, ability to bake the crap out of them unitl they fit like a glove, very light, You'll look like Ov

Cons: Rocket Runner sucks (though some people swear by them), the finish on the outside of the boot has been known to chip and peel after short usage time

Webernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Hrad

I hear that the '08 pros fall apart easily, plus some sharpeners can't handle the rocket runners.

They are pretty cheap though, and unless you're going to destroy them in a few months by skating 4-5 times a week then they'll probably be fine.

Otherwise, you're supposed to get the Reloadeds.

Hrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 06:43 PM
Avoholic

Purchased the U+ pro from Hockey Monkey a couple of months ago and I have been really happy with the skates. I did a lot of research and read a lot of forums, but 199 was hard to pass up. I had a pair of 952's and loved them. The only blemish on the skates, were some extra glue on the bottom...no big deal to me. They are very light and must be baked to fit right. Had an issue with the new guy at the LHS, I did not know he was new and I let him sharpen my skates. Bad move, he did an awful job and left me with no inside edge. Took the skates back to the LHS and when he put it on the level, it was off about 20 degree..ouch. The owner re sharpened my skates and all is well. He also told me the U+ pro's are a pain to sharpen, so be careful on who you let sharpen them. Other than that, great skate for me, I play twice a week and they are holding up well...knock on wood. If I have any problems I will post them. Reading others opinions helped me.

Avoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 10:21 PM
fuzzerson
¡Ándele!

Send a message via ICQ to fuzzerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by imkegg85 View Post
Has anyone skated on these yet and could give me some pros and cons about these. Also Hockey Monkey is selling some Cosmetic Blem ones for 199.99 and I'm wondering if anyone has picked these ones up and noticed anything insanely wrong with their appearance.
I bought a pair of the original 08 model. Hated the Rocket runner and the holder is a little larger than CCM used to put on the size 7's (271 v 263) so I had the holder replaced with a Tuuk and put steel on.

After that and a long break in period I love them.

fuzzerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 11:01 PM
CuteHockeyBunny

It took me 2 weeks of hellish breaking in. Blood in the ankles, huge bumps on the ankle, etc. When I broke them in, it was like I was wearing socks. Oh god it's the best feeling ever and oh so worth the pain. + I feel really fast in them!

CuteHockeyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2010, 12:08 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteHockeyBunny View Post
It took me 2 weeks of hellish breaking in. Blood in the ankles, huge bumps on the ankle, etc. When I broke them in, it was like I was wearing socks. Oh god it's the best feeling ever and oh so worth the pain. + I feel really fast in them!
How stiff are they?

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2010, 01:18 PM
CuteHockeyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by donGjohnson View Post
How stiff are they?
Very. It's a very thin material but somehow extremely resilient and stiff. I've been using it 2-5 times per week for some 10 weeks and they're still so stiff that I feel I can play the xylophone on them. In other words, still stiff and like new. Just feels so good when I wear them. Sex on the feet.

CuteHockeyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 06:15 PM
SpringfieldSkins

I have the U+ 09. No Rocket Runners. I like the skates just fine. Love the fit of them and they seem very durable. I've had them since February, skating 3-4 times a week and playing 1 game a week and there isn't any sign of damage or breakage.

I can only imagine that the U+ Pros are even better.

SpringfieldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 08:53 PM
meanolthing

Could someone break down what the sizing on the U+ Pro's is like? I've got a pair of Bauer Vapor XXX's that I'm looking into upgrading. Tag says they're skate size US 10.5 D (US Shoe size 12). Would a 10.5 D CCM be similar, or should I consider going down a size? For what it's worth, the Bauer's fit great length and width-wise, but they're starting to get a little worn out. Thanks!

meanolthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Hrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanolthing View Post
Could someone break down what the sizing on the U+ Pro's is like? I've got a pair of Bauer Vapor XXX's that I'm looking into upgrading. Tag says they're skate size US 10.5 D (US Shoe size 12). Would a 10.5 D CCM be similar, or should I consider going down a size? For what it's worth, the Bauer's fit great length and width-wise, but they're starting to get a little worn out. Thanks!
I'd get a 10C in the CCMs.

Hrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 10:44 PM
fuzzerson
¡Ándele!

Send a message via ICQ to fuzzerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrad View Post
I'd get a 10C in the CCMs.
Agreed, I would get a half size smaller than you are used to wearing.

fuzzerson is offline   Reply With Quote