HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Group B • 05/10/10 • Switzerland 3, Italy 0

Closed Thread

Old
05-11-2010, 03:32 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
They had not ONE play compartment in their favour. Dominated at ALL levels ! They were lucky it wasn't 6-0 or more.
I think Switzerland only have themselves to blame for not scoring more, they made it easier for the Italian goalie (whithout taking anything away from the great game he had) be applying too few pressure on the net. No screening, no deflection, no rebound.

This team could use some stronger players, although I have to admit there weren't many of them available.

Old
05-11-2010, 10:19 AM
torero

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stv11 View Post
I think Switzerland only have themselves to blame for not scoring more, they made it easier for the Italian goalie (whithout taking anything away from the great game he had) be applying too few pressure on the net. No screening, no deflection, no rebound.

This team could use some stronger players, although I have to admit there weren't many of them available.
Yes - it is true that i was almost ashamed to see how many shots landed between the five holes !
as you say that made Bellissimo look even more beautifull !

In fact the Swiss were good at shooting and collecting the rebound ... yet Italians had their some very lucky bounces.
Most screened shots went into the screen or beside the net !
(we saw the same style with a lower frequence against Latvia)

Closed Thread