HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Isbister

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2003, 03:20 PM
Jetsons

vCash: 500
Isbister

Just curious how he has looked during the pre-season. I read through one thread that predicted the starting line-ups and many people thought he might be on the first line. Has he looked that good?

Thanks

Old
09-29-2003, 03:24 PM
Cerebral

He has looked very good from what I have seen/heard! He has been playing on a line with Hemsky/Smyth in the pre-season and apparently has developed quite the chemistry with Smytty.. he looks very determined so far to make an impact this season. He has been crashing the net very hard and has actually been putting the puck in the net at a fairly decent rate. We won't know til the regular season if he's going to keep it up or if this is just another "glimpse" at the potential he has though! :mad:

Old
09-29-2003, 03:25 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
He's playing on a line with Hemsky and Smyth with Smyth being the centre. According to fans, the trio has a lot of chemistry.

09-29-2003, 04:27 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Umm.... am I missing something? Has that line played a scrimage (much less a game) together? I like the sound of the line, but from what I've seen herd, if Rita makes it it'll probably be with Reasoner (who he had great chem. with in the camp scrimages).

Old
09-29-2003, 04:29 PM
hockeyaddict101

They played together in the 3-3 tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Umm.... am I missing something? Has that line played a scrimage (much less a game) together? I like the sound of the line, but from what I've seen herd, if Rita makes it it'll probably be with Reasoner (who he had great chem. with in the camp scrimages).
They haven't played since because Smyth has been out with an injury but that is the only reason!

Old
09-29-2003, 04:45 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

k, sry, I misread, I thought it was being implied that a line of Rita-Smyth-Hemsky looked good.

Old
09-29-2003, 04:46 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26

Isbister - Smyth - Hemsky played together against Van. I am pretty sure Smyth and Hemsky had the goals that game too...

Old
09-29-2003, 05:12 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark
Isbister - Smyth - Hemsky played together against Van. I am pretty sure Smyth and Hemsky had the goals that game too...
yip, i misread, see post above yours.

Closed Thread