Quick proposal: Bos/Was

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2003, 12:27 PM
Jim

vCash: 500
Quick proposal: Bos/Was

Boston:
Lang(Wash picks up $1.5 mill per season on contract)
Witt

Washington:
Gill
Huml
3rd

Lang fills the void for a 2nd line center with a little grit. Witt provides the net clearer we all want.

Gill plays with Jagr, one of his admires and arch enemies. Huml has a chance to play with one of his idols, and Washington isn't deep on the left side. The 3rd can be bumped up to LA's 2nd, but to act as a way of evening the trade.

Old
09-29-2003, 12:38 PM
BostonGrl819

What about switching out Huml for Hilbert?

Old
09-29-2003, 12:40 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
I'd definately do it but I suck at this analysis stuff; we had Lang before and Burns didn't seem to like him. I'm not a big fan of Lang either; Huml has been pretty good so far and someone made a point that maybe you play him with Joe and Sammy. That's interesting. Witt I always liked even though he is a horrible fighter (he's from the Barnaby big balls but a middle weight who often mistakenly wades into deep waters)

I hate to can Gill but imo he could be outstanding defensive defenseman if he had the edge. Where he should really go is to Florida because even though he probably hated Keenan (there's going out on a limb) he played his best when Iron Mike had him on edge. See. he has to be on edge to play on it. Who can we get from Florida- how about Gill, Potvin, Raycroft, Shields, Mike Bales (he's playing for Leskand with our next great prospect Lars Jonsson), and Matt Delguidece for Luongo.

Old
09-29-2003, 12:41 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

As a caps fan I give this a HUGE UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Lang >>> Huml
Witt > Gill

Take Witt out alltogether and maybe i'll consider.

Old
09-29-2003, 12:43 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokEGoalie
As a caps fan I give this a HUGE UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Lang >>> Huml
Witt > Gill

Take Witt out alltogether and maybe i'll consider.
You mean you were happy the day Tim Taylor's toe was in the crease?

Old
09-29-2003, 02:35 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
You mean you were happy the day Tim Taylor's toe was in the crease?
You sure you don't mean shoelace!

Old
09-29-2003, 02:54 PM
misterjaggers
Puma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Boston:
Lang(Wash picks up $1.5 mill per season on contract)
Witt

Washington:
Gill
Huml
3rd

Lang fills the void for a 2nd line center with a little grit. Witt provides the net clearer we all want.

Gill plays with Jagr, one of his admires and arch enemies. Huml has a chance to play with one of his idols, and Washington isn't deep on the left side. The 3rd can be bumped up to LA's 2nd, but to act as a way of evening the trade.
Because Gill plays with less grit than his size implies, I always feel a certain ambivalence towards him, but he led the team in plus-minus last season. It's hard to argue with that statistic. There's a shortage of experienced quality rearguards in the NHL. Trading him would be dumb.

I can understand; however, the Caps defensive trepidations heading into this season:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...nguage=printer

Old
09-29-2003, 03:11 PM
Black Eye

vCash:
I was thinking about something like this just for jollies. I'll add my daily caveat that I am not in favor of trading Boynton. But let's pretend.

Boynton
Rolston
Jonsson or Gill

to WA

for
Gonchar
Pettinger
Witt

Old
09-29-2003, 04:18 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

You do realize neither of those trades help the Caps at all? Hell in one they LOSE their only two NHL caliber Dmen.

Old
09-29-2003, 04:28 PM
Black Eye

vCash:
I don't know about that.

You are getting younger, on average, and are arguably getting the best all around defenseman in the deal in Boynton. I question whether Boynton + Gill would not be a better pair for you than Gonchar + Witt. Maybe not this year, but over the course of the next 5 years.

Old
09-29-2003, 04:28 PM
Lam7825
Go Goldy Go!

just say NO to Nit-Witt, please.

Old
09-29-2003, 04:34 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Why would THE Bruins

deal Boynton back to the team that he balked at signing with to start with, I heard Herr is whining in Providence, too

Old
09-29-2003, 04:37 PM
Black Eye

vCash:
I'll repeat once again that I am not looking to deal Boynton. I think he's a linchpin of this defense for the next few years. I'm just sayin'

Old
09-29-2003, 05:28 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Eye
I don't know about that.

You are getting younger, on average, and are arguably getting the best all around defenseman in the deal in Boynton. I question whether Boynton + Gill would not be a better pair for you than Gonchar + Witt. Maybe not this year, but over the course of the next 5 years.
why doesnt the GM just fire himself while he is at it..........Washington has only about 2 defensemen that should be receiving any quality minutes in the NHL and that is Gonchar and Witt, if you trade them away for youth, its suicide....

Closed Thread