HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Group D • 05/12/10 • Denmark 1, Germany 3

View Poll Results: Who wins?
DEN 19 61.29%
GER 12 38.71%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-12-2010, 12:34 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

vCash: 500
How was Holzer?

Old
05-12-2010, 12:41 PM
Tobias

Send a message via Skype™ to Tobias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobeez View Post
Some quotes by your coach:
"The Germans can't score, if we score twice we'll win"
"We beat the USA and the Finns and Germany is not even close to them"

= arrogant behaviour
I have a hard time believing those quotes. That's not quite what he told the Danish media prior to the game. But if it is indeed correct, that is very arrogant.

We knew this would be the toughest game. Perhaps the toughest, with Germany forced to win, and 18500 fanatic spectators.

Old
05-12-2010, 12:46 PM
talenttracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzig View Post
Well it was a good game. I'm glad that Germany won and I'm happy that Denmark has to eat their words now.
What words, i dont no whats been in your newspapers, but i haven't heard anybody here i Denmark, exspecting an easy game.

Deserved win for Germany. Grats, Und früliche weinachte, oder so

Old
05-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Maverick41

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 Bay View Post
How was Holzer?
Pretty much the usual. Very solid on his own end. He didn't really get to show off the offensive skills that he has on the PP, but that wasn't really important today.

I sometimes forget how young he is when I watch him play.

Old
05-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Salzig
I am laudable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
I have a hard time believing those quotes. That's not quite what he told the Danish media prior to the game. But if it is indeed correct, that is very arrogant.

We knew this would be the toughest game. Perhaps the toughest, with Germany forced to win, and 18500 fanatic spectators.
These are the quotes I was talking about. It's sad that the Danish said that because they were likable before these quotes and had the potential to become the 2nd favorite team of the German crowd.

Old
05-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Maverick41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzig View Post
These are the quotes I was talking about. It's sad that the Danish said that because they were likable before these quotes and had the potential to become the 2nd favorite team of the German crowd.
Since I didn't actually hear him say those things, I won't get too hung up on that, and the Danes remain my third favourite team behind Germany and Finland.

Old
05-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick41 View Post
Pretty much the usual. Very solid on his own end. He didn't really get to show off the offensive skills that he has on the PP, but that wasn't really important today.

I sometimes forget how young he is when I watch him play.

Sounds good, I look forward to seeing him in Blue and white.

Old
05-12-2010, 01:09 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 Bay View Post
Sounds good, I look forward to seeing him in Blue and white.
As do I. He looks like he will be a fixture on our defense for many years to come. He is still a little raw though, but a little time (like Gunnarsson) with the Marlies will probably be all he needs before he's ready for the NHL.

Old
05-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Brian78

Pretty much all the danish players said this would be just as hard a match as the 2 previous ones so I dont know where all this is coming from, also I have only read the same expectations from the danish fans posting in here. Noone expected an easy win for Denmark and everyone knew it would be a very tough match.

Eller is pretty arrogant after this match though saying Germany wasnt that good and Finland and USA were better, I dont agree with that. While Denmark played tactically smart against USA and Finland, Germany had a perfect gameplan against Denmark that worked very well.

Old
05-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Tobias

Send a message via Skype™ to Tobias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian78 View Post
Eller is pretty arrogant after this match though saying Germany wasnt that good and Finland and USA were better, I dont agree with that. While Denmark played tactically smart against USA and Finland, Germany had a perfect gameplan against Denmark that worked very well.
Eller should start passing the puck more instead of losing it and making more points, instead of giving comments like that.

Old
05-14-2010, 09:18 AM
Chicagofan19

@Brian78 & Tobias

I couldn't agree more with you + that's the genuine modesty I know and appreciate living here as a german, and it keeps my sympathy with the danes.

There's no reason to show arrogance for any team participating in this tournament as the margin between expected win for frontrunner and upset by "claimed" underdog is quite small.
If Team Denmark sticks with their game plan and gets the necessary contributions by their key players F.Nielsen, Regin, Staal, Green, Eller, Larsen... Galbraith/Andersen (!!) ... than they'll make it to the quarterfinals and, who knows, even farther.
But Germany, Belarus, Slovakia and Finnland will try hard to do the same, and only three of that quintet will advance (together with the Sbornaja)... det bliver nok spaendende, Danmark!

Closed Thread