HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thanks for the good year boys.

Old
05-12-2010, 03:44 PM
NuxFan09

vCash: 500
What happened to my post in here?

NuxFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Agent007

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
They underachieved during the regular season. They choked in the second round.

They should have been competing for a top 3 spot this season.

Lousy chokers.
You really need to take a few days off here before your credibility goes down the drain.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 04:33 PM
topheavyhookjaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tripper View Post
i'm genuinely looking for positives and areas where the canucks improved this year but finding it hard to do so

luongo - regressed
sedins - if they can't elevate their playoff game in a hart trophy year in their prime then when can they ever do so
kesler/burrows - disappeared in the playoffs
hodgson - chronic back issues
d-core - besides edler where is the improvement

if others would like to make counterpoints i would be pleased to be convinced otherwise
The positives I'll try to get out of this year.

I thought the Twins were better than last series against the Hawks, and better throughout the playoffs. They have demonstrated an ability to improve their game going forward.

Despite an off playoffs, Kesler was again better than last year against the Hawks, 4 pts in 10 last year, 10 in 12 this year. Its not what we expect from him, but he showed improvement going forward. Raymond's playoff play was encouraging as well.

I must agree I feel like I'm reaching for positives, Luongo's play was disappointing. Moreso for me the entire teams average performance was difficult to swallow. I was upset that Luongo gave up 5, but also more upset at the amount of odd manned rushes they gave up in the 2nd and 3rd, after Luongo gave them a chance going into the second. I wanted Luongo to stop that breakaway by Bolland, and he should have, but it was frustrating to see the team come unglued when they couldn't get an early goal and the Hawks mounted some quality chances.

The team's composure from Luongo out, or the Sedins in, however you look at it, wasn't good throughout, and that is bothersome.

topheavyhookjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 05:09 PM
anothercanucklehead

The positive posts in here are excellent. I agree with them 100%. My family and I have been Canuck fans since the beginning. For those of you complaining and saying that you are going to jump ship, you would never have survived being a Canuck fan in the early years. Back then we would have been happy just to make the playoffs let alone the second round. I am grateful for the entertainment this team has provided this season. Yes, I was disappointed that the team didn't salute the fans after the game. It's the least they could have done after their performance last night. But I will never give up on this team. I am 46 yrs. old and if I die before the Canucks win the Cup then I guess I will just have to haunt GM Place

anothercanucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 06:16 PM
lennie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
Part of their job, man. They wouldn't be doing any of those things if they weren't professional hockey players.

If I'm making 6 million a year, I'd donate to a bunch of charities too.

God, this team is put on a pedestal by Vancouverites and they don't even deserve it. Hockey games, like anything, are a product. You pay for tickets and go to a game, not necessarily expecting a win, but expecting the team to put forth their best effort. Being there and witnessing that kind of effort in an elimination game was just disgusting. I've lost so much respect for the entire organization.

Say whatever you want and believe whatever you want, but I've been a devout fan for awhile. Maybe not as long as a lot of you other folks but I've hardly been a bandwagoner. This series has just really hit me hard, that's all.
God I hate this type of sentiment. Its like your diminishing their contributions.

lennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 06:25 PM
VanCanucks14

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
Hey guys, Minnesota fan here & first off, sorry about the loss last night. I want you guys to know I come in peace, I got nothing against the Canucks...

After reading thru this whole thread I did want to comment on the end of the game as well as the post qouted above...

Although I understand what the poster above is saying, I think it's still disrespectful that the team didn't acknowledge the fans before leaving the ice... Yes, there were boo-birds in the crowd during the game and really angry fans but at the same time there are tons of loyals that stayed & cheered the team for getting as far as they did...

I just feel that for how much time, money & effort we put in as fans, the least the players can do is acknowledge that before leaving the ice for the final time. Ya it sucks to be booed by some of your fans but these guys are pro's and they realize that the fans are just hurt by the outcome. It's rough the first few days after being knocked out but people will get over it & be back next season & the players should know that....

I just feel that a brief acknowledgement of the fans for their support goes a long way. Just giving a brief wave with a "we're dispointed too" look means alot to us as fans. It shows that you appreciate our support & shows us that you care that we're there.

Sorry, I know the last thing you want to hear is any crap from a rival fan but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

best of luck to you guys next season and for what it's worth, you'll most likely be the dominant team in the division for a few seasons to come..
Good post and I think most of us agree. Good luck to the Wild too, hopefully they'll make the playoffs next season...not at the expense of the Canucks of course

VanCanucks14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Pointystick

I'll have to add that I was also miffed that Luongo bolted instead of staying to lead the team in a salute to the fans.

That's something you have to do...no excuse.

Still, I'm sure he'll pay us back on the last year of his contract pulling a Roloson and leading us to our first cup...

Pointystick is offline   Reply With Quote