HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers Sign Sergei Bobrovsky

Old
05-13-2010, 03:42 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
fine, we can trade richards as well.

dont worry though BECAUSE ITS WHAT WE NEED and we have to do it because habs fans said so, and there are no other goalies anywhere else on earth who will ever play in the NHL or for the Flyers except Price somehow.

just in case people think ive been eating lead
All I have to say it's a good thing they're rioting and destroying their own city because otherwise I might consider going one-man riot on Montreal after the dramatics of the past 4 months on the trade boards.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
All I have to say it's a good thing they're rioting and destroying their own city because otherwise I might consider going one-man riot on Montreal after the dramatics of the past 4 months on the trade boards.
i pulled out of there after an exchange with some dude that was basically:

me: we wont trade JVR to get price, because there's no way philly can replace that without giving up even more. why destroy the team to satisfy one position

pricefanboy: we need JVR to trade price.

me: then i have no interest in seeing price on the flyers

pricefanboy: but you need to have price. you should trade JVR

repeat cycle for 24 pages. vomit, rinse, wash, repeat.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 03:49 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
I think that one Habs fan (we all know who it is) has your post history on his favorites lol

But for real, this whole Price thing was and still is getting out of hand.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 03:53 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Ok I know this is a Flyers board, I don't mind dissing the habs and I know it was only meant as a joke.

But it is not a good thing that thugs try and destroy our city when they see an opportunity...

Ok back to Flyer talk!

KimiFerrari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 03:55 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
But it is not a good thing that thugs try and destroy our city when they see an opportunity...
Yeah, what those people did is kinda screwed up. Though, I wouldn't be all that shocked to see it here either.

EDIT: Did any of that stuff happen during the WS riots? I don't remember anything getting reported outside of some flipped cars and some downed trees; no looting I mean.

Old
05-13-2010, 04:01 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

burning cop cars...yeah, whatever. thats your tax dollars being wasted anyways. but once you go after other peoples property, you ****ing suck.

Old
05-13-2010, 04:13 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Yeah, what those people did is kinda screwed up. Though, I wouldn't be all that shocked to see it here either.

EDIT: Did any of that stuff happen during the WS riots? I don't remember anything getting reported outside of some flipped cars and some downed trees; no looting I mean.
WS? I am assuming Washington?

I know people were throwing bottle of beer at cops and cars, but no serious looting or much to report.

But since they were screening game 7 at the Bell Center last night, it was perfect timing to go looting, if you're a thug. Which is exactly what happened 2 years ago, when Montreal had home ice advantage in game 7.

Old
05-13-2010, 04:30 PM
flountown

Quote:

There was definitely looting, and cars on fire, I can't find specific articles now, but there were photos of it and all.

People is dumbz...martial law and shoot on sight, that'll teach 'em.

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 04:35 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
There was definitely looting, and cars on fire, I can't find specific articles now, but there were photos of it and all.

People is dumbz...martial law and shoot on sight, that'll teach 'em.
I think you are thinking of 2 years ago.

Old
05-13-2010, 06:20 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Buyout? Yikes.

Nah, just trade Hartnell.

and Carle.
and Briere.
Not Briere...1) because we probably cant and 2) because I dont want to.

The guy is leading the team in goals in the playoffs, 3 of them are game winning goals, and I believe at least 2 of the other 3 tied the game.

When is this guy going to get some respect?? He is never going to put up the points he did in Buffalo unless he plays with skilled guys the whole season. Put him with Giroux, or Leino who he seems to be clicking with for a whole year and he will be back in the PPG range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
"Cinnamon Bobka " !!!!!!!!!!!!

He and Turco will be just fine next year
Why do people want Turco....what the hell has he ever done in the playoffs??? I want nothing more to do with these high priced, big game guys that do nothing come playoff time. (see Luongo)

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 06:55 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I'm curious, do you think he will ever see the NHL next season at all? Or only in call-ups after injuries?

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 06:58 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I'm curious, do you think he will ever see the NHL next season at all? Or only in call-ups after injuries?
Even if he plays well enough to be a starter (which is unlikely), I think we give him a year in the AHL to hinge our bets. He'll probably be an injury call-up if any injuries happen.

Old
05-13-2010, 06:59 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Even if he plays well enough to be a starter (which is unlikely), I think we give him a year in the AHL to hinge our bets. He'll probably be an injury call-up if any injuries happen.
With this team we should be saying WHEN injuries happen!

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 07:00 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
With this team we should be saying WHEN injuries happen!
SHHHH!

Old
05-13-2010, 07:36 PM
Rex88

I would like to nominate this thread for closure as it has traveled so far off base it is crazy. Can I get a second?

Rex88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 07:39 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

i would like to nominate this thread for salmon.

Old
05-13-2010, 07:44 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post

What agrudez apparently thinks I am the Mush believes:
-goalies are awesome, has he mentioned that he plays goalie?
Correction is in bold.

Has that really been the extent of the depth of my posts, "goalies are awesome"? Give me some credit for having an actual opinion. And no, thus far in this thread I haven't mentioned that I play in net, as my personal experiences have nothing to do with what's being discussed.

Quote:
What Agrudez believes about Jester:
-Jester always brings very poignant arguments to the table and almost always supports them with very compelling statistics....

What Agrudez belives about I am the Mush:
-Mush fairly assesses situations; however, he often expresses his opinions in a derogatory way, especially if you offend his grammar sensibility. Perhaps he has Vietnam flashbacks of 3rd grade English class?
I can definitely be sarcastic, and when people make lazy, retarded posts, I call it like I see it. You disagree with that? Tough cookies, though you're free to tell me I'm retarded/wrong/arrogant/a goalie fanboy. I don't think there is anything anyone on these boards could say that would actually upset me. So I, perhaps wrongly, assume that nothing that I say to anyone on here is going to be hurt anyone's feelings. If that's not the case and I have legitamitely offended or upset someone, they have my sincere apologies, but I doubt that is the case.

I also don't think I've commented on anyone's grammar once. I did comment on the content of someone's post being rubbish though (coincidentally their grammar was pretty iffy too).

Quote:
What those three probably now believe about Agrudez:
-What a *****
What I am The Mush believes about agrudez: Agrudez thinks he is cool/funny. He might be, I am not seeing it. I think it is pretty easy to post a tongue-in-cheek synopsis of the discussion at hand that ignores the nuances of the arguments being presented, whilst attempting to take the piss out of other posters. If you have a problem with anything someone said specifically, address it . . . you know, actually join the conversation.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if he spent a few games on the bench next year if he plays well and someone gets injured, but if he actually spends some time in Philly's net, we will probably be having another goal tending season from hell.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 08:48 PM
clodejirew

i think if he is playing well enough in the minors they could give try him out in the nhl

clodejirew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 08:58 PM
jb**

wouldnt it be funny if he high tailed it back to mother russia in mid season!

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 11:26 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

I'd really like to hear from some Russian fans that have watched his team a lot. I saw a stat saying that his record over the past couple seasons was 15-38-5. Now I know his other stats(the more telling ones) have been pretty damn good in consideration of his situation, as I know he is supposedly on the worst team in the league and all of that. But that's a pretty damn awful record. It'd be awful for a goalie to record that in the NHL, really awful in the KHL. I guess I'd just like to hear more about exactly how bad that team is. Let's hope they're not much better than a D-3 club team over here.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 12:02 AM
Haute Couturier

His team finished last in the league year. They were 11th out of 24 teams in goals against, but dead least in goals for.

Last year they finished 21 out of 24. They were 12th in goals against, but 21st in goals for.

So appears he just gets no goal support.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 12:40 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
WS? I am assuming Washington?

I know people were throwing bottle of beer at cops and cars, but no serious looting or much to report.

But since they were screening game 7 at the Bell Center last night, it was perfect timing to go looting, if you're a thug. Which is exactly what happened 2 years ago, when Montreal had home ice advantage in game 7.
WS = World Series for the Phillies.

Cars were flipped over, my brother told me people were pushing over lightposts? Wow. Lighting on fire, but as far as I know, nothing of the personal property and no looting occurred.

05-14-2010, 01:08 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
wouldnt it be funny if he high tailed it back to mother russia in mid season!
you would like that wouldnt you.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 10:30 AM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
If you have a problem with anything someone said specifically, address it . . . you know, actually join the conversation.
I made the post mainly because it was painfully obvious how Jester either never had any idea or completely lost sight of what Chris' whole argument was and just tried to keep shooting him down for something he wasn't even saying, as I outlined in the post.

I didn't really want to join the conversation; however, because the thread was so off topic at that point that it wasn't worth it.

This type of derailment is quite common in threads on these boards and more often than not it seems to come full circle back to some type of goalie debate. I am still holding my breath for the Richards thread I started to end up talking about how we should or shouldn't trade Giroux for Price and then that would degrade into a debate on importance of skaters vs. goalies, like, you know, all of the other threads.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote