HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Envy and ignorance of Canadiens haters.

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2005, 02:21 PM
MacDaddy TLC*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenPond
* raises hand *

The cap will increase parity. Talent will be fairly evenly distributed, so the Leafs can expect to win a Cup once every 30 years. This will lessen their chances of having to go another 38 years without a Cup.
Good attempt, but explain the Arizona Cardinals if you can.

Markov, if you can't see the humour in my post you cited (not Squeaky's), considering the nonsense that was spewed in my direction, then I misjudged you. (you are the Markov who's real last name is Markov correct?)

And with regard to the reference to Squeaky's post, see my response.

Old
03-06-2005, 02:23 PM
Belgian Fan

I would suggest everyone involved to take a deep breath. From a relatively neutral perspective (healthy hatred for the Leafs - neutral towards the habs) I'd say that MOM isn't trolling and that so far there haven't been any rules broken (with the odd exception wich I dealt with and the one Lou is god dealt with).

This thread is on double secret probation now and will be watched closely. Thanks for your cooperation.

Old
03-06-2005, 03:06 PM
Belgian Fan

Speaking of wich, I totally forgot to Praise McPhee with his absolutely brilliant avatar!

Old
03-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Favorite Leaf fan ? It's like asking which heart attack you enjoyed the most.
Great, now I gotta clean all the juice off my keyboard that just came out of my nose. Thanks a lot.

Old
03-06-2005, 03:52 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky
Great, now I gotta clean all the juice off my keyboard that just came out of my nose. Thanks a lot.
i had missed McPhee comment, thanks for pointing this one out. Was a good laugh.

Old
03-06-2005, 07:14 PM
tml_4ever
It's Chaotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great One
Ok , sir.

OH BUUURN !!

Our dearest friend Carl O'Steen.
I still think he thinks i'm a guy or sommat, that Carl O' steen...

Old
03-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Chet-Nick

"Mayor of MacAppolis": You stated, "Kostitsyn has improved his defense is a great way of saying he has really disappointed offensively."

Are you that shallow or do you difficulty comprehending the English language? I had already explained his unique situation. Kostitsyn was eligible to play junior in Canada this season. That's why he participated for Belarus at the WJC this past Christmas. Most of Kostitsyn's peers haven't even graduated from junior, Europe or NCAA. Being that he scored a nice goal this afternoon. This gives him 12 goals in 49 games. Not bad for a guy that could have been playing in the OHL, WHL or QMJHL this season.

"AH" did indeed bring a worthwhile point to the forefront when referring to Wellwood, "Playing with AHL superstars Ling and Druken helps the production." There's definitely advantages with playing with veterans - at any level. I don't doubt Wellwood will continue to put up numbers in the AHL. He did it in junior. His type of player is a dime-a-dozen. Wellwood, has talent but, also has a few limitations to his game (size/strength, skating, aggressiveness).

"Until he (Ballard) gained power, it was debatable who had the greater franchise." As you're probaby aware, both teams had 13 Stanley Cups after 1967 (2 of yours were not as the Maple Leafs). By the time George Armstrong raised Toronto's last cup: Montreal already had two 50 goal scorers (Richard and Geoffrion), no Leaf rearguard had won the Norris Trophy (none since 1967 either), look at the amount of times Montreal finsihed first in the standings than Toronto, the Canadiens became the first team to reach the 100 point plateau in 1956, Toronto had missed the playoffs 12 times whereas Montreal didn't qualify on 7 occasions. I'd say slight edge to Les Canadiens. But who's counting?

Old
03-06-2005, 08:24 PM
Poochie_D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor of MacAppolis
16 NHL scouts >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> whatever number of guys/gals hockey's future had sitting in their parent's basement in their underwear compiling the HF list.

The only reason Habs fans like it is because the bias shone through and the Habs got unfairly graded. Like it or not, their prospects have been fading stars since draft day. They have greatly fallen in the eyes of those who are paid to have knowledge on what it takes to make it in pro hockey, those that THN consults.

I'm also surprised at your "plenty of depth on the farm to ice a competitive team" seeing as how, even with help from the Dallas Stars, The Bulldogs can't seem to perform on the ice.....

EDIT: http://www.theahl.com/AHLStatistics0405/standings.html

first off.... stop acting like a typical leaf fan. second... you say that we dont have a competitve team in hamilton? in the last 3 years hamilton overall has been one of the best teams. The laughs stupid farm team didnt even make the playoffs last year and have been garbage in recent memory. this is the first in a long time in a whole that the team actually looks respectable... maybe having NHLERs in the line-up helps a bit.

Old
03-06-2005, 08:31 PM
tml_4ever
It's Chaotic

man, this is becoming another Leafs vs Habs thread, as expected

Old
03-06-2005, 09:20 PM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tml_4ever
man, this is becoming another Leafs vs Habs thread, as expected
A thread titled "Envy and ignorance of Canadiens haters" turned into a leafs v habs thread? I'm so surprised.

Old
03-07-2005, 12:42 PM
Habsaku

Leafs and Habs dont have a good defense.

Belfour is old, Theodore is inconsistent.

Thats where the games are played these days.

Closed Thread