HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > HFNHL Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
HFNHL Talk HFNHL is a full-simulation fantasy league that uses the FHL simulator to determine the outcome of games over a full 82-game season.

HFNHL Playoff Schedule

Old
04-20-2010, 07:31 PM
MatthewFlames

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MatthewFlames Send a message via MSN to MatthewFlames Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewFlames Send a message via Skype™ to MatthewFlames
HFNHL Playoff Schedule

HERE is the Upcoming schedule for simming:

21th: TRIPLE HEADER DAY 202 & 203 & 204
22st: 205 & 206
23nd: 207 & 208 & 209 (where 209 is really a rest day... So it's actually a double header)
24th: Playoff Prep Day
25th: Round 1 - Game 1 (Both Conferences)
26th: Round 1 - Game 2
27th: Round 1 - Game 3
28th: Round 1 - Game 4
29th: Round 1 - Game 5
30th: Round 1 - Game 6 (if needed - or Round 2 will begin)
1st: Round 1 - Game 7 (if needed - or Round 2 will begin)

Last edited by MatthewFlames: 04-22-2010 at 03:17 PM.
MatthewFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 05:56 PM
Hossa

Can lines be sent in using the current files on the site?

Hossa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 06:41 PM
MatthewFlames

Send a message via AIM to MatthewFlames Send a message via MSN to MatthewFlames Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewFlames Send a message via Skype™ to MatthewFlames
Yes.

Old
04-24-2010, 08:54 PM
MatthewFlames

The files have been updated:

Which means that the client file is updated - links to the playoffs are found behind the shield on the front page (same place you could access the regular since main menu). Also the 2009/10 regular season has been archived in the history page (link found in the left hand column near the bottom)

Also - this post season will be brought to you by Jeff Kirk, your new Sim God for the playoffs. Thanks Jeff for stepping up.

Also Also - once we are done the first round then we'll look at the schedule and see where we are relating to the NHL. If we're caught up we'll stop the double headers and alternate Eastern/Western conference game days and try to finish at the same time at the NHL.

Old
04-24-2010, 09:05 PM
Canuck09

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewFlames View Post
The files have been updated:

Which means that the client file is updated - links to the playoffs are found behind the shield on the front page (same place you could access the regular since main menu). Also the 2009/10 regular season has been archived in the history page (link found in the left hand column near the bottom)

Also - this post season will be brought to you by Jeff Kirk, your new Sim God for the playoffs. Thanks Jeff for stepping up.

Also Also - once we are done the first round then we'll look at the schedule and see where we are relating to the NHL. If we're caught up we'll stop the double headers and alternate Eastern/Western conference game days and try to finish at the same time at the NHL.
I'll do my best to live up to the Sim God title, hopefully I don't mess up too bad.

My sim times will be a little different than Matts usual times. I'm thinking that games will typically be done in the 8-10pm PST (11pm-1am EST) range. Times could vary a little of course but I'll do my best to keep it consistent.

Good luck to everyone in the playoffs!

Last edited by Canuck09: 04-24-2010 at 10:07 PM. Reason: poor grammar
Canuck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 09:05 PM
Dryden

Send a message via MSN to Dryden Send a message via Skype™ to Dryden
thx for simming Matt! you rock!

Dryden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 09:47 PM
Hossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck09 View Post
I'll do my best to live up to the Sim God title, hopefully I don't mess up too bad.

My sim times will be a little different than Matts usual times. I'm thinking that games will be typically be done in the 8-10pm PST (11pm-1am EST) range. Times could vary a little of course but I'll do my best to keep it consistent.

Good luck to everyone in the playoffs!
Looks like I'll be waking up to results then.

Old
04-25-2010, 07:30 AM
Ohio Jones
Game on...

Thanks Matt for all your hard work this seaosn, and thanks Jeff for stepping up for the playoffs!

Just wanted to confirm that position changes will be processd *before* the game, so teams can appropriately respond to injuries, line juggling, etc.

Thanks! (And look out, Drew, I will have my revenge for last season!!!!! )

EDIT: I forgot for a second, it was Laurens' eventual Champs in Dallas who knocked me out in 5 games last year. For some reason I thought it was Drew - probably because we've met in the first round more than once already...

I remember at least one series going down to a seventh game (although as we can see my memory is not the most reliable...). It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see that happen again. But my boys plan on advancing, so King Henrik will have to bring his 'A' game, Drew! It may well go the way the season series did, with Detroit winning close games and Columbus winning a couple of blowouts, but we'll see...

Last edited by Ohio Jones: 04-25-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Ohio Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 11:32 AM
MatthewFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Jones View Post
Just wanted to confirm that position changes will be processd *before* the game, so teams can appropriately respond to injuries, line juggling, etc.
Yes. Before!

Old
05-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Canuck09

Round 1 down, congrats to the teams that moved on.

Now that we're about caught up to the NHL I figured we would switch to simming one conference a night to match their pace. If we do this for the rest of the playoffs we'll still finish before the NHL because we won't have the breaks between rounds or nights off in the finals.

Thoughts? If there are no issues brought forward from the admin team by later tonight I'll go ahead with the Isles vs Bruins and Sabres vs Panthers tonight.

Old
05-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Hossa

Quote:
Round 1 down, congrats to the teams that moved on.

Now that we're about caught up to the NHL I figured we would switch to simming one conference a night to match their pace. If we do this for the rest of the playoffs we'll still finish before the NHL because we won't have the breaks between rounds or nights off in the finals.

Thoughts? If there are no issues brought forward from the admin team by later tonight I'll go ahead with the Isles vs Bruins and Sabres vs Panthers tonight.
I like that. It allows each team a space to react to questions of fatigue, injury, position changes...

Old
05-02-2010, 11:19 AM
MatthewFlames

I'm in favor as well. Thanks Jeff.. Great work in the first round....

Old
05-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Brock
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossa View Post
I like that. It allows each team a space to react to questions of fatigue, injury, position changes...
I'd disagree.

It's only my two cents, but I've always hated when we did each conference every night. In the NHL it's that way because of scheduling conflicts and TV revenue. But for us, why should we delay it?

Playing once a night isn't exactly incredibly demanding.

Quite frankly, I would rather end the season a little bit earlier than the NHL for a change, as opposed to the past where we've constantly been behind. Would allow for more trade time between the draft, prep for free agency, among other things.

I'd personally rather keep it as is, rather than switching to a conference each night.

Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Canuck09

So let the debate start.

I'm fine with either way and see Brocks point. Most of us are on the sidelines right now and the sooner we finish up the playoffs the sooner everyone else can get involved again.

Then again we will finish the playoffs a minimum of a week before the NHL if we run with one conference a night. The finals alone should shave at least a week off then whatever time between rounds that we don't wait for.

Who's going to make the final call...

Old
05-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Hossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
I'd disagree.

It's only my two cents, but I've always hated when we did each conference every night. In the NHL it's that way because of scheduling conflicts and TV revenue. But for us, why should we delay it?

Playing once a night isn't exactly incredibly demanding.

Quite frankly, I would rather end the season a little bit earlier than the NHL for a change, as opposed to the past where we've constantly been behind. Would allow for more trade time between the draft, prep for free agency, among other things.

I'd personally rather keep it as is, rather than switching to a conference each night.
I see your point, but don't entirely buy it. While the extra time could be used to prep for other things, it's not as though this can't be done simultaneously. Only 8 GMs, plus Jeff, are engaged in the playoffs right now, and that will be down to 4 and then 2 in due time. As you said, playing one night isn't extremely demanding, so I don't know why the playoffs is a serious impediment to getting a head start on off-season stuff.

I mean I see your point, and it's nice to finish one thing and move to the next one, but for me I see a good reason to stagger the games a bit. Maybe it's not the case for the Eastern Conference, but for us out West, if I could avoid having to guess how a player's injury or fatigue changes after the Eastern Conference Game Day, that would be a real help, and not exactly an advantage NHL teams don't have either. Players are getting fatigued, and whether a guy is 99 or 100 could make the difference between first liners double-shifting on the fourth line, or even a starting goalie getting a rest.

Old
05-02-2010, 11:53 AM
HFNHL Commish

Send a message via AIM to HFNHL Commish
Quote:
So let the debate start.

I'm fine with either way and see Brocks point. Most of us are on the sidelines right now and the sooner we finish up the playoffs the sooner everyone else can get involved again.

Then again we will finish the playoffs a minimum of a week before the NHL if we run with one conference a night. The finals alone should shave at least a week off then whatever time between rounds that we don't wait for.

Who's going to make the final call...
Frankly, if you don't mind donating the extra time to sim the conferences on alternating days, and Matt K doesn't need the extra time to process end-of-season sim updates that would be created by consolidating the sim schedule, then I see little reason not to sim the conferences on alternating days.

HFNHL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 12:00 AM
Canuck09

Just to add to the drama of three game 7's coming up, I might have to take a night or two off from simming as I'm going to Victoria for a couple nights. I'm bringing my laptop with me, but depending on what we get up to sim times could be a little later than usual, or potentially not at all until Sunday evening when I get back home.