Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Jaro Halák!!

Old
05-12-2010, 11:44 PM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
Jaro Halák!!

How the hell don´t we have a thread on this yet? He deserves one!!

****ing proud of you!!!

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 05:33 AM
Tatanik

Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
Our goaltending future looks bright, with the two Jaroslavs.

Tatanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 06:48 AM
vlady

can't get enough of halak

vlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 04:04 PM
kajoo

I´m following his career since his Hamilton times. The guy´s next big thing.

kajoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 04:33 PM
slovakiasnextone

Teoretickú prípravu neuznával

„Počas teoretickej prípravy si raz čítal noviny. Vraj ju nemá rád ani nepotrebuje. Keď som sa mu to snažil vyčítať, povedal, že na zápas je pripravený a radšej než s tímom sa chystá buď s trénerom brankárov, alebo sám," spomínal tréner Novotný.

Čítajte viac: http://hokej.sme.sk/c/5374733/odstrk...#ixzz0nqc4HQRQ

Geez Jaro

Old
05-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Krotak
is the Legend

Thanks God for this man. I am proud to be his namesake

Krotak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Kamzik

This certainly ranks amongst the best performances ever by a Slovak player in the NHL playoffs. There have been a few of them. In *my* opinion, here are the others that would round out the top 5:

1. Marian Hossa, 2008 Pittsburgh Penguins. 20 GP 12+14=26 PTS. Given that Marian is a two way forward that also kills penalties, this was a dominant performance. Must be the closest a Slovak has come to the Conn Smyth trophy (playoff MVP).

2. Marian Gaborik, 2003 Minnesota Wild. 18 GP 9+8=17 PTS. On a team that couldn't score and was relying on Lemaire's system and good goaltending, it seemed like Marian was part of every goal Minnesota scored that year when they made it to the conference final.

3. Peter Stastny, 1985 Quebec Nordiques. 18 GP 4+19=25 PTS. His game 7 overtime winner against the arch-rival Montreal Canadiens is now legendary stuff. I am too young to really judge this one though.

4. Robert Svehla, 1996 Florida Panthers. 22 GP 0+6=6 PTS. Robert and Carkner were paired against Mario Lemieux and Jaromir Jagr and allowed them only two goals in the entire series. Robert played Zdeno Chara minutes, 30+ a game, a really tough player and pillar of strength.

Kamzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 02:26 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
This certainly ranks amongst the best performances ever by a Slovak player in the NHL playoffs. There have been a few of them. In *my* opinion, here are the others that would round out the top 5:

1. Marian Hossa, 2008 Pittsburgh Penguins. 20 GP 12+14=26 PTS. Given that Marian is a two way forward that also kills penalties, this was a dominant performance. Must be the closest a Slovak has come to the Conn Smyth trophy (playoff MVP).

2. Marian Gaborik, 2003 Minnesota Wild. 18 GP 9+8=17 PTS. On a team that couldn't score and was relying on Lemaire's system and good goaltending, it seemed like Marian was part of every goal Minnesota scored that year when they made it to the conference final.

3. Peter Stastny, 1985 Quebec Nordiques. 18 GP 4+19=25 PTS. His game 7 overtime winner against the arch-rival Montreal Canadiens is now legendary stuff. I am too young to really judge this one though.

4. Robert Svehla, 1996 Florida Panthers. 22 GP 0+6=6 PTS. Robert and Carkner were paired against Mario Lemieux and Jaromir Jagr and allowed them only two goals in the entire series. Robert played Zdeno Chara minutes, 30+ a game, a really tough player and pillar of strength.
I think that Miro Šatan of 2010 deserves at least a HM.

Old
05-14-2010, 05:43 AM
kajoo

Rešpekt si musel vybojovať

„Pracoval som s ním dva a pol roka, od pätnástich do sedemnástich. Spomínam si, že na reprezentačných sústredeniach v mládežníckych výberoch ho dosť odstrkovali, nerešpektovali ho. Hocikto sa doňho obúval." Kubík ho podržal, hoci Halák menej komunikoval, ostával uzatvorený do seba. „Prišiel zo skromnejších pomerov, nik ho nevyvážal na tréningy autom."Jaroslav Halák starší dodnes pracuje ako automechanik neďaleko Bratislavy.

Čítajte viac: http://hokej.sme.sk/c/5374733/odstrk...#ixzz0ntmSH0sZ

youth coach Mr.Kubik on Jaro Halák:

He always had to fight hard to win a respect

Kubík: I worked with Halak 2.5 yrs, since his 15 till 17. I remember that even during the youth NT camps he was outsider, they didn´t respect him, blaming him for no reason (?).

Coach Kubík gave him support, although Halák was less communicative and introvert.

Kubík: Jaro comes from working class environment, nobody was carrying him to trainings on luxury cars, Jaroslav Halák sr. still works as car mechanic near Bratislava

kajoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 05:50 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajoo View Post
Rešpekt si musel vybojovať

„Pracoval som s ním dva a pol roka, od pätnástich do sedemnástich. Spomínam si, že na reprezentačných sústredeniach v mládežníckych výberoch ho dosť odstrkovali, nerešpektovali ho. Hocikto sa doňho obúval." Kubík ho podržal, hoci Halák menej komunikoval, ostával uzatvorený do seba. „Prišiel zo skromnejších pomerov, nik ho nevyvážal na tréningy autom."Jaroslav Halák starší dodnes pracuje ako automechanik neďaleko Bratislavy.

Čítajte viac: http://hokej.sme.sk/c/5374733/odstrk...#ixzz0ntmSH0sZ

youth coach Mr.Kubik on Jaro Halák:

He always had to fight hard to win a respect

Kubík: I worked with Halak 2.5 yrs, since his 15 till 17. I remember that even during the youth NT camps he was outsider, they didn´t respect him, blaming him for no reason (?).

Coach Kubík gave him support, although Halák was less communicative and introvert.

Kubík: Jaro comes from working class environment, nobody was carrying him on trainings with luxury car, Jaroslav Halák sr. still works as car mechanic near Bratislava
I don´t think you´re gonna get appropriate words for "obúvať sa do niekoho" in English.

Everybody join:
Ovechkin and Malkin meet on holiday. Ovechkin: Halák? Malkin: Yes!

Old
05-14-2010, 04:41 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

I find it great that SVK can finally get behind a true solid goalie. Budaj is good, but he is on the verge of starter/backup.

Hopefully Janus can develop and have a great 1 2 punch. But I'm skeptical of everything Tampa Bay has done. Let's hope they don't screw him up.

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 04:58 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
I find it great that SVK can finally get behind a true solid goalie. Budaj is good, but he is on the verge of starter/backup.

Hopefully Janus can develop and have a great 1 2 punch. But I'm skeptical of everything Tampa Bay has done. Let's hope they don't screw him up.
Janus advantage is that his name is Jaroslav.....

Okay, no kidding, but you know what Halák has done might actually be considered when Tampa will be deciding about Janus in key moments. Though originally from Prešov, he also came to Slovan from a "small" club as a teenager, then went to the juniors in Canada. And he has also been just as stellar for the Slovak youth teams as Halák has. He also was a late round pick. Those are the things that are often considered. You know, like everybody interested once there is a 200cm+ D out of Slovakia, believeing that this is it and he will be the next Chára.

One another thing with Halák´s performance could be that most kids, who start playing hockey over here aren´t interested in playing goalie, most want to be forward, which I suppose is understandable with our hockey tradition. But maybe Halák´s performances will inspire others. Who knows....

Old
05-15-2010, 09:13 AM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Old
05-15-2010, 10:01 AM
slovakiasnextone

The answer to the infamous Ovechkin shaking hands comment:

MON-WAS post game 7 interview

game 4 vs. Pittsburgh

Game 7

Old
05-15-2010, 11:40 AM
Kamzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiaforever View Post
I think that Miro Šatan of 2010 deserves at least a HM.
Miro "the Hero" was doing unbelievably well [10 pts in 9 games, 3 GWG]. In game 3 in the second round, Mike Richards crushed David Krejci, the puck came loose to Milan Lucic who fed the puck over to Miro with the end result being a beautiful goal. Krejci's wrist was broken on that play and Satan never registered another point in the playoffs.

It really was a pity about Krejci. He had such great chemistry with Miro, they were doing so well on the line with Lucic. Afterwards Krejci was replaced by Marc Savard who apart from his first game looked out of shape and lost.

I wonder if that is the end of the NHL career of Miroslav Satan? He did so well in the latter half of the season and playoffs that I think he could probably come back if he wants to, but I'm not sure he does.

Old
05-24-2010, 10:57 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Good run Jaro.

Now I must cheer for Hossa & Tomáš Kopecký. If they win it will be the 3rd year in a row that a Slovak wins the Cup. With only a large handful in the NHL, it's something to take note of.

Old
05-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Old
06-17-2010, 02:18 PM
Kamzik

Jaroslav Halak has been traded to the St. Louis Blues. I think it is a good move for Jaro. Montreal seems too stupid to realize he is a great talent and would always have Price breathing down his neck. The Blues are an up and coming team imho, Jaro will actually have some players of quality in front of him.

Old
06-17-2010, 02:36 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
Jaroslav Halak has been traded to the St. Louis Blues. I think it is a good move for Jaro. Montreal seems too stupid to realize he is a great talent and would always have Price breathing down his neck. The Blues are an up and coming team imho, Jaro will actually have some players of quality in front of him.
Conrats to Jaro!

While I don´t want to wish anythin bad to Price, a huge part of me wishes that things will work out in a way, in which the Habs will regret this later on and will be at leats as sorry for trading Halák as they were for trading Vokoun.

Old
06-17-2010, 02:52 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

I feel much better about buying a Blues Halák jersey rather than a Montreal jersey.

Now St. Louis has to sign him.

Old
06-18-2010, 02:41 AM
alko

i was shocked wit this trade. and i must say anngry...
but now, after some hours, i this thats best to him. he can play in a team, that believes in him...

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 10:48 AM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Old
06-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.