HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey news says Kings may be for sale?

Old
05-13-2010, 08:06 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
I don't think the Kings would be up for sale because of the Kings payroll. When you are trying to sell a team, you lower the payroll, not raise it. Adding Smyth, Scuderi and Kopitar's raise to the budget doesn't entice other people to buy a team. Especially one that just entered the playoffs for the first time in 8 years.

I would be shocked if the team was sold any time soon.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 08:13 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

I guess Campbell didn't read the Hammond interview. From the HN article, he assumes that if a team is losing money, which most do, they will sell to cut their losses.What he doesn't realize is that the Kings are making AEG millions via LA Live and the surrounding ventures, which would never had happened had AEG not bought the Kings. If you have to lose 10 million to make 100 mil, most companies would do it.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 09:46 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Piston, please pick up the white courtesy phone. Piston, the white courtesy phone please...
No...the WHITE phone...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 09:48 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

THN is always 3-4 weeks off on their "news items"...so I don't blame them too much... Not that they had a whole lot of credibility anyway...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 11:44 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
I have an idea on how to make more money-win a Stanley Cup. Imagine how much money AEg could make with 4 rounds of playoff hockey AND firing Rich Hammond!

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 09:36 AM
funky

ya the Kings lost money but AEG sets it up that way. They own Staples and the Kings pays staples a lot of money. Concerts etc pay the company money, concessions are big etc etc etc

So the Kings lose money but Staples generates way more. So overall the owner puts lots of money in his wallet through the arena and other surrounding ventures he owns that the fans are drawn into

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 09:58 AM
johnjm22

I thought there was revenue sharing in the NHL, no?

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 10:16 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

AEG would likely jump at the chance to sell the Kings if they could keep Staples Center and the entire development (including Nokia, etc.) The Kings were merely a means to this end for them anyway.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 11:37 AM
onlyalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
AEG would likely jump at the chance to sell the Kings if they could keep Staples Center and the entire development (including Nokia, etc.) The Kings were merely a means to this end for them anyway.
I am not sure of that. AEG owns many teams that don't make money. I think they owned the LA Arena League team until the league folded. I am not saying they won't sell, but I also don't think that losing money is their only concern. When I won a contest with the Kings and Luc, the AEG rep was talking about the changes they were doing to make the Kings their number one sports focus (and they own part of the Lakers). I know they would say what I want to hear, but Luc seemed excited about the effort AEG was putting behind the Kings and he seems to be a guy who says what he means. Luc seemed to beleive that this was the most support an owner had given the team since Bruce McNall. I hope that AEG has embraced Luc's vision to make the Kings a team like the Red Wings. Players would be willing to take a pay cut to come here and win. I know they are a long way away from that, but it appears to be going the right way. As long as things keep going the right direction I will drink a little Kool-aid. I don't mind that AEG is a hands off owner, as long as the people running the team do the right thing. So Phil doesn't attend many games. Last time I checked having the owner in the building does not help the team win.

wow long rant from me today. I most really not want to do what I should be doing.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
So Phil doesn't attend many games. Last time I checked having the owner in the building does not help the team win.

wow long rant from me today. I most really not want to do what I should be doing.
Just ask the Mavericks fans. I get to laugh at them daily!

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 11:43 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
ya the Kings lost money but AEG sets it up that way. They own Staples and the Kings pays staples a lot of money. Concerts etc pay the company money, concessions are big etc etc etc

So the Kings lose money but Staples generates way more. So overall the owner puts lots of money in his wallet through the arena and other surrounding ventures he owns that the fans are drawn into
Like I said, and Piston may (or may not) confirm, its called Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote