HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Lightest 2-piece stick combo?

Old
05-14-2010, 11:29 PM
Splitbtw
Rebuild? Refresh?

vCash: 500
Lightest 2-piece stick combo?

I'm a big fan of lighter sticks, but I'm a bigger fan of the 2-piece setup. Anyone know the lightest 2-piece combo for a senior shaft and blade? My current weighs in at about 435 grams.

Splitbtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 02:42 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitbtw View Post
I'm a big fan of lighter sticks, but I'm a bigger fan of the 2-piece setup. Anyone know the lightest 2-piece combo for a senior shaft and blade? My current weighs in at about 435 grams.
435 is about the lightest 2 piece combo you can get right now. The 8k is around that, I think. So is the SE16.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 01:25 PM
Hockeyfan68

That is pretty light for sure .... i like them a little heavier like the Harrow then again I do not have the cash to try out several different makes and models.

My personal opinion is that lighter is not better with regards to sticks lasting. I shoot hard and have been using the same two Harrow shafts and they are still in fantastic shape, some minor chippin g of the rubber coating from stick whacking etc.

The weight of them according to the website is 365grams for the shaft, and 150 grams for the blade so if you add the blade and shaft together is 515 grams. I also believe that using a heavier stick makes for increased downswing for increased shot speed and power much like using a heavier baseball bat for hitting homeruns.

Much of this stuff should be viewed in the context of whatever style you play, stickhandle in a phone booth with a light stick or bash heavy slapshots using a heavier stick.

I like them at that weight which still feels lighter than my wood ones I used to use. I do know I shoot well with the harrow and they are durable and the most importantly the puck feel is superior to some other sticks out there.

I do not plan on changing what I am using unless I get a sale price on something good and try it out.

Last edited by Hockeyfan68: 05-15-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Superstar Treatment

Send a message via AIM to Superstar Treatment
My one95s with x:60 blades are disgustingly light, the only two piece I've used that's lighter is r8 pro radius with x:60

Superstar Treatment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Backstrom #19
Trotz for president

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by donGjohnson View Post
435 is about the lightest 2 piece combo you can get right now. The 8k is around that, I think. So is the SE16.
This is it. The Rbk 8k shaft with a Easton SE16 blade...

Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2010, 10:01 AM
MrRuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstrom #19 View Post
This is it. The Rbk 8k shaft with a Easton SE16 blade...
I concur with this statement. Been using this combo for a while now and I am absolutely in love with it. If you like the SE16 blade this is definetly the way to go. Very light combo with excellent balance. The shaft is rather contoured though, so not sure if you like that or not.

Last edited by MrRuin: 05-18-2010 at 08:05 AM.
MrRuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2010, 11:56 AM
Splitbtw
Rebuild? Refresh?

i do like the 8k shaft for the most part. I don't particularly enjoy the grip for my bottom hand, but I'll probably just clear tape the problem section so my glove slides easier.

right now I have the harrow #4 blade which I haven't quite figured out yet. it's only 150 grams but the stick does feel blade heavy. probably will look into the se16 as my next purchase with a pattern closer to a slighty open heel curve which is what I have on my ultra-light and really like.

Splitbtw is offline   Reply With Quote