HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would an All Canadian League work ??

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2005, 08:16 PM
GoM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_00
eddiedaeagle20..............

East Coast is a good hockey market I agree but I think the East Coast would be the primary location for the farm teams of this new Canadian NHL.
*waits for Frankie-vs-Monkey...battle of the hockey markets nobody cares about*

Old
03-05-2005, 11:41 PM
MacDaddy TLC*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster
How do you figure? The NHL controls the Stanley Cup.
Actually the Stanley Cup has two trustees who decide the cup's fate. They could say tommorow that the cup is up for grabs and the NHL would be out in the cold.

Old
03-06-2005, 12:01 AM
monkey_00*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoM
*waits for Frankie-vs-Monkey...battle of the hockey markets nobody cares about*
GoM.............

I noticed you posted at 9:16-pm........I take it you,re not a fan of the "Godfather?"........it was on CBC tonight at 9-pm.........

Lot's of poeple care about Hamilton.....just not you and a couple of other posters like in our Forums like crackerjacks and Doggiedoo_Fan that's all.

Old
03-06-2005, 12:03 AM
monkey_00*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor of MacAppolis
Actually the Stanley Cup has two trustees who decide the cup's fate. They could say tommorow that the cup is up for grabs and the NHL would be out in the cold.
Yepper.........you're right about that one.....it would be up for grabs....it's something the NHL never wants to see happen but it's a definite possibility.

Old
03-06-2005, 12:13 AM
GoM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_00
GoM.............

I noticed you posted at 9:16-pm........I take it you,re not a fan of the "Godfather?"........it was on CBC tonight at 9-pm.........

Lot's of poeple care about Hamilton.....just not you and a couple of other posters like in our Forums like crackerjacks and Doggiedoo_Fan that's all.
Have em on DVD...seen em just a few weeks ago. Such a quality series.

I care about Hamilton in the extent that it's a great rivalry for the Argos...and I have alot of friends at Mac...you just pump it up a bit too much considering what I and the vast majority of unpolled people have seen and heard of it

Old
03-06-2005, 12:18 AM
monkey_00*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoM
Have em on DVD...seen em just a few weeks ago. Such a quality series.

I care about Hamilton in the extent that it's a great rivalry for the Argos...and I have alot of friends at Mac...you just pump it up a bit too much considering what I and the vast majority of unpolled people have seen and heard of it
GoM...........

Ya I hear ya....heh heh heh........I've been told that I should be the Mayor of Hamilton because of all that Civic pride I have......I've also been told that I have more Civic Pride than National Pride too.......Oh well......It's sort of the same type deal that Don Cherry has with his Kingston Ontario....he loves his town too........

I like those Gangster flicks....my fav is SCARFACE.

Old
03-06-2005, 12:22 AM
monkey_00*

The Messenger.........

How's about making this a 12-team League?.......we'll add St.John's and Halifax to the Mix and have our Farm teams play in America in places like Columbus Ohio and Buffalo.

Old
03-07-2005, 05:39 PM
Slapshot17

What about 15 North American Teams, and 15 European teams. No interconference play. Top North American team meets top European team for the cup. At least you'd be in hockey markets.

Old
03-08-2005, 09:09 AM
Augustus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot17
What about 15 North American Teams, and 15 European teams. No interconference play. Top North American team meets top European team for the cup. At least you'd be in hockey markets.

You might consider a one-month interleague period much like they have in baseball. Each team would spend one month per year on the other continent playing some or all of the teams one time each. It would be interesting to see each European team playing one game at the ACC. I would quite like the time difference also when the leaf games would be on in the early afternoon from Europe. The players might get a kick out of this also. There would be something like 50 games against other North American teams and 30 games against European teams.

Closed Thread