HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

How do i put a CUSTOMIZED AVATAR up?

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2005, 02:11 PM
espo*

vCash: 500
How do i put a CUSTOMIZED AVATAR up?

I want to put my own personalized avatar up like most everyone does here and i've found the perfect picture to do it with but i don't know how to transfer the pic from the website it is on to my name here....can someone help me and tell me how to do it?

Old
03-07-2005, 03:59 PM
n00dles

Left click on UserCP (usually there is a link on the top of each page), select Edit Avatar from the pulldown that shows then go to Browse at the bottom to select the pic that will be your avatar. Note that it can only be a maximum of 125 by 125 pixels and 20 KB.

Old
03-07-2005, 08:26 PM
espo*

Thanks.Does this mean that i have to first open up the website that contains my picture,save it somehow and then do the process you have just described in the "edit my avatar" section in hf boards? Not sure if i quite get it yet,i can see how i can pick one of the hf board avatars but is it the same process for a picture on another website? sorry about this but i'm not a real computer expert.Thanks

Old
03-07-2005, 08:47 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops
Thanks.Does this mean that i have to first open up the website that contains my picture,save it somehow and then do the process you have just described in the "edit my avatar" section in hf boards? Not sure if i quite get it yet,i can see how i can pick one of the hf board avatars but is it the same process for a picture on another website? sorry about this but i'm not a real computer expert.Thanks
Save the picture onto your harddrive (Right click on the picture, select SAVE PICTURE AS). Then when you are selecting a picture in USER CP, hit Browse and go to the directory in which you saved it.

Old
03-08-2005, 09:35 AM
espo*

Thanks man,i'll try it today sometime.

Closed Thread