HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Iginla willing to waive NTC if it works for his family?

Old
05-15-2010, 09:17 PM
Habitant#1

vCash: 500
Iginla willing to waive NTC if it works for his family?

There's a rumour on the trades forum that Iginla might be willing to move his NTC if it works for his family.

Here's the link that was provided:
http://twitter.com/boomer960/status/12178373530
Flames clean out day. Jarome Iginla would entertain waiving no trade if management asked and if it made sense for him and family.

Does he not feel wanted anymore? Does he just want a chance to win? Who knows. We don't even know if it's true or not. Regardless, this is something I've been thiking about for some time, so I figured I'd share my thoughts with you. Here's what I wrote on the trade board:

Quote:
As a Habs fan, I think we'd be all over this. Iginla is everything we need. Size on the top lines, grit, right handed shot for the power play, leadership, and a burning desire to win. Plus, we know he plays well with Cammalleri.

I think his value is about what Pronger's was last summer at the draft. What does everyone think of that?

Lupul, Sbisa, 2 1st.

A youngish top 6 guy who can put in 20, a prospect who's knocking at the door and 2 1st.

Here's an attempt at an equivalent offer from the Habs:

Youngish top 6 guys: Pouliot, A. Kostitisyn, ?
Prospects: Paciorrety, Weber, ?
Other possible interesting names: Leblanc, Kristo, O'Byrne, Lapierre, S. Kostitsyn, Emelin, ?
Names it would suck to part with but hell it's Iginla: Gorges, ?

Obviously the Flames would jump on Subban, but I think Montreal doesn't even trade him 1 on 1. That's just me though, and I'm a bit crazy.

I'm not sure what the Flames would be looking for and if we have what they want, but damn I just love Iginla. Let me dream!
Any thoughts?

Habitant#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 09:19 PM
rUmX

I'm all for Iginla if he wants to be a Hab.

rUmX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 09:19 PM
pine

vCash: 50
money doesn't grow on trees, sorry.

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 09:20 PM
Nakamura
私はクソの葉を憎む

We're playing in the ECF tomorrow. Ya'think we want to trade-talk right about now?

That's what I thought

Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 09:21 PM
VanNistelrooy

Flames would require at least Subban.

My thoughts would be something in the lines of Price-Subban-Patch + 2 1st rounders might be a starting point. Add other things.

Sutter will never take the Kostitsyns, let's all agree with that.

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 09:25 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Im not ready to overpaid for him

CareyClutch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 09:27 PM
Thinkbig

Inginla is on a downhill... Inginla = Luongo.. two overpaid old all-stars

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 09:28 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy View Post

My thoughts would be something in the lines of Price-Subban-Patch + 2 1st rounders might be a starting point. Add other things.

For a 32 year old 30 goal scorer? Price AND Subban?

...and then two more firsts?

Stop posting here Regie Houle

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 09:32 PM
JAVO16

I'd kill to have Iginla. He'd be the perfect compliment to any of our top two lines. Imagine:

Cammy-Plekanec-Iginla

or

Iginla-Gomez-Gionta

Edit: I wouldn't give up Subban though.

JAVO16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 09:37 PM
Rushtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy View Post

Price,Subban,Patch .. two first ??? Are you Serious .. ????? Why not Markov and Gio just to be sure

Rushtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 09:40 PM
Darth Joker

Iginla would be perfect for the Habs.

I'd honestly be willing to part with both Kost brothers and Price and Patches for him. Yes, that's a lot of potential to blow up in our faces, I know, but all of those guys have had some issues with us, and a change of scenery might be the best for most if not all of them.

But, sadly, VanNistelrooy is right about how Sutter probably has no interest in the Kost brothers (or Pouliot for that matter), and Price and Patches alone certainly won't do it.

The one player the Habs absolutely shouldn't trade is Subban. Even for a guy like Iginla. But without Subban, I don't know if a package good enough to fetch Iginla is doable on our end.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 09:44 PM
HALAKIT

I think Iggy would be fantastic on the Habs, and considering that he's wasted so much time playing with no talent slags in Calgary, he could probably excel in Montreal on a line with Cammy and Pleks. Gomez can make any player a scoring champ (except for Pouliot). It would take care of some of the size issue up front, and I definitely see him fitting in with the brotherhood. Price and the Kostitsyns plus a first round pick, may be enough, but what kind of damage does that do to our already rising cap issue? Flames do need a backup for Kipper....

HALAKIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 09:54 PM
Karpeqc

I spoke with this about 2 weeks ago to my coworkers.
Could be very nice addition next year.
Depend what they asking for.

Subban with Markov 1 year contract left you cannot trade this guy.
Anyway even if Markov sign another contract I don`t think they will trade Subban.

This could be very nice to have Cammy and Iginla on the same lineup

Karpeqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 10:13 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
Iginla would be perfect for the Habs.

I'd honestly be willing to part with both Kost brothers and Price and Patches for him. Yes, that's a lot of potential to blow up in our faces, I know, but all of those guys have had some issues with us, and a change of scenery might be the best for most if not all of them.

But, sadly, VanNistelrooy is right about how Sutter probably has no interest in the Kost brothers (or Pouliot for that matter), and Price and Patches alone certainly won't do it.

The one player the Habs absolutely shouldn't trade is Subban. Even for a guy like Iginla. But without Subban, I don't know if a package good enough to fetch Iginla is doable on our end.
Sorry but I'm not willing to blow up the core of a team that went to the ECF for a Superstar on the decline, I would keep Andrei, and Price thanks.

Why am I the only one that doesn't see him as a good fit so far? I think it's a terrible idea to go for him. We have Gomez who is already making 7mil and is perfectly suited for the system of JM, and a nice/elite set of supporting cast players in Andrei and Price that will only get better.

Old
05-15-2010, 10:21 PM
HALAKIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Sorry but I'm not willing to blow up the core of a team that went to the ECF for a Superstar on the decline, I would keep Andrei, and Price thanks.

Why am I the only one that doesn't see him as a good fit so far? I think it's a terrible idea to go for him. We have Gomez who is already making 7mil and is perfectly suited for the system of JM, and a nice/elite set of supporting cast players in Andrei and Price that will only get better.

Old
ReVeuF

Iggy do not worth it anymore, he is getting older and produce less while having high salary...

Lets try to get Stamkos instead hehe

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Here's what I would do:

Iginla and Staios for Markov and Kostitsyn.

Money-wise it balances out pretty well. We give away a ton of talent but a ton of grit in return, not to mention Iginla's offense.

Don't really think Calgary would want to do it, but who knows maybe they're looking to go a different direction. Markov is a top ten NHL d-men, and eventually AK will put it all together. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery.

Staios is pretty old and only has a year left on his contract but he's a great character guy and would fit in immediately. In the end he's a means to an end. The real target is Iginla, but you have to balance the books to make deals possible (see Higgins in the Gomez deal).

Obviously this won't happen, but the idea of getting Iginla is mouth-watering. With our salary issues, the only way to get your new best player is to give away at least one of your top players (if not top). Markov would be the guy to move if it were up to me, and I say that because I think that realistically, this would be the guy Calgary would want most (well they'd want Subban most but big salaries have to be moved on both sides to make this possible).

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 10:22 PM
WestIslander

Iginla will be playing in Pittsburgh next summer in a deal like this:

To Pittsburgh:

Jerome Iginla + Steven Staios

To Calgary:

Jordan Staal + Alex Goligoski + 1st round draft pick in 2010 (20th overall)

The calgary flames will build around Staal and are in rebuild mode so can use a 1st round draft pick that they traded to Phoenix this summer, and Iginla was born to play with Crosby and Pittsburgh needs scoring/skilled wingers.

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 10:25 PM
HALAKIT

TSN was talking today more like the Pens would try to move Malkin in the offseason. Both he and Crosby are at 8.7 Mil/year. Staal is 4 Mil/year. Malkin is the one they can't afford to keep if they want to give Crosby some wingers.

Old
05-15-2010, 10:25 PM
TheBuriedHab

Old and makes 7 mill. no shanks!

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 10:28 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALAKIT View Post
I don't think there is anything wrong with that statement. Find me better than Price and Andrei for their complementary contributions to getting this team where it is today, remember that they are still young, and in Price's case, very young.

Last edited by Next Best Thing*: 05-15-2010 at 10:33 PM.
Old
05-15-2010, 10:30 PM
HALAKIT

Well, I don't see Iggy coming to Montreal. If anything, I see him in Toronto, and he will be a thorn in our sides.
I spent 8 years in Calgary and watched A LOT of Flames hockey. Enough to realize that Jerome has never reached his full potential, and he is far from too old to do so. Give him some talent to work with, and it'll be the best line in the league. Calgary focused too much on enforcer hockey, and spent little time or money on finesse. Iginla is, and always was, too good for the flaming C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
I don't think there is anything wrong with that statement. Find me better than Price and Andrei for their complementary contributions to getting this team where it is today, remember that they are still young, and in Price's case, very young.
I don't understand the question.....
Are you trying to tell me that either Price or Andrei have been major contributing factors in the Habs success as of late OR ever?

Last edited by Darz: 05-16-2010 at 01:57 AM.
Old
05-15-2010, 10:31 PM
Sebaldian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
Iginla will be playing in Pittsburgh next summer in a deal like this:

Iginla was born to play with Crosby and Pittsburgh needs scoring/skilled wingers.
I've been saying since the Olympics that I thought Pittsburgh would be making a hard push to get him and that with the way Calgary's season went I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up there.

Quote:
Well, I don't see Iggy coming to Montreal. If anything, I see him in Toronto, and he will be a thorn in our sides.
What would the Leafs have to trade for him?
I dunno if I see the Leafs and Flames making any trades in the near future, unless it's an obvious home run for Calgary. I'm sure there's a ton of people there still annoyed at the Phaneuf trade.

Sebaldian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 10:33 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Are you trying to tell me that either Price or Andrei have been major contributing factors in the Habs success as of late OR ever?
Carey Price saved our ***** at the start of the year, there's no denying that, and has playoffs experience (he is also clutch when it matters most, but people forgot about hat). I would not have anyone else back up Halak right now.

Andrei Kostitsyn welt on a 20 game streak as a ppg and a 10 game streak as a gpg player, that is his potential when he's "on". As evidenced by his playoffs hattrick and with the exception of Cammalleri he is right up there with the boys in terms of production these playoffs.

Nothing more you can ask out of your complementary players. Carey Price has a lot of untapped potential, while AK just needs to be more consistent and they can be easily core players.

Old
05-15-2010, 10:34 PM
scottyG

Quote:
Why don't we trade Markov for a big 4th liner? I mean Markov hasn't done anything for us in the PO so we should get a player who can help us in the size dep.

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote