HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Iginla willing to waive NTC if it works for his family?

Old
05-15-2010, 10:38 PM
HALAKIT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
Why don't we trade Markov for a big 4th liner? I mean Markov hasn't done anything for us in the PO so we should get a player who can help us in the size dep.
Well, Markov definitely didn't step up his game, but he didn't fail to perform...and is one of the top D-men in the league....it would be foolish to trade him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Carey Price saved our ***** at the start of the year, there's no denying that, and has playoffs experience (he is also clutch when it matters most, but people forgot about hat). I would not have anyone else back up Halak right now.

Andrei Kostitsyn welt on a 20 game streak as a ppg and a 10 game streak as a gpg player, that is his potential when he's "on". As evidenced by his playoffs hattrick and with the exception of Cammalleri he is right up there with the boys in terms of production these playoffs.

Nothing more you can ask out of your complementary players. Carey Price has a lot of untapped potential, while AK just needs to be more consistent and they can be easily core players.
The night Andrei scored his hattrick, he also assisted on Plekanec's goal. Which means, if you do the math, he was on the ice for 4 goals......and yet his +/- was 0. Explain his hotness and great contribution in those terms.

Last edited by Darz: 05-16-2010 at 01:56 AM.
HALAKIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 10:48 PM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

Cammalleri would be good again

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 10:50 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

If the Flames trade Iggy and Habs get him.. I'd potentialy see this trade

Danny Kristo
1X 1'ST Rounder 1X 2n'd Rounder
Max Pacioretty
Benoit Pouliot

for

Iggy

LaurentHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 10:52 PM
VanNistelrooy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushtime View Post
Price,Subban,Patch .. two first ??? Are you Serious .. ????? Why not Markov and Gio just to be sure
You're talking a top 10 player in the NHL dude.

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 10:53 PM
JackZap

is the cap going up 6M next yr?

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 10:56 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALAKIT View Post
The night Andrei scored his hattrick, he also assisted on Plekanec's goal. Which means, if you do the math, he was on the ice for 4 goals......and yet his +/- was 0. Explain his hotness and great contribution in those terms.
His +/- is not the issue here, this has 0 bearing on the topic being discussed. But if I had to dive into that topic then look no further than Nicklas Backstrom, who can slo take over a game on his own. Also you are aware that one of his goals was on the PP and it doesn't affect the +/-. Gaborik or Kovalchuk usually have a +10 rating at the end of a season even if they are 100 point players, does that make them worse? I'm saying all he needs is a bit of consistency, half his points in the playoffs were scored in one game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy View Post
You're talking a top 10 player in the NHL dude.
I don't think he's top 10 anymore.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 11:01 PM
HALAKIT

Quote:
His +/- is not the issue here, this has 0 bearing on the topic being discussed. But if I had to dive into that topic then look no further than Nicklas Backstrom, who can slo take over a game on his own. Also you are aware that one of his goals was on the PP and it doesn't affect the +/-. Gaborik or Kovalchuk usually have a +10 rating at the end of a season even if they are 100 point players, does that make them worse? I'm saying all he needs is a bit of consistency, half his points in the playoffs were scored in one game.
You're entitled to you opinion, obviously, but I think you're the only Habs fan I have heard say that they think AKos is an asset in about 3 years.

Old
05-15-2010, 11:02 PM
Habitant#1

Quote:
Carey Price saved our ***** at the start of the year, there's no denying that, and has playoffs experience (he is also clutch when it matters most, but people forgot about hat). I would not have anyone else back up Halak right now.

Andrei Kostitsyn welt on a 20 game streak as a ppg and a 10 game streak as a gpg player, that is his potential when he's "on". As evidenced by his playoffs hattrick and with the exception of Cammalleri he is right up there with the boys in terms of production these playoffs.

Nothing more you can ask out of your complementary players. Carey Price has a lot of untapped potential, while AK just needs to be more consistent and they can be easily core players.

I agree with your assessemet but they'e hardly the 'core' of the team and trading them is certainly not 'blowing up the core of a team that made it to ECF' like you suggested earlier. Especially when you're trading them for an established elite player like Iginla.

I think that with the rebuild Gainey and Gauthier put together the message was WIN NOW/SOON, since they passed over an exceppent opportunity to rebuild. Might as well take it all the way now.

Habitant#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
You're entitled to you opinion, obviously, but I think you're the only Habs fan I have heard say that they think AKos is an asset in about 3 years.
Well, you also have 22 posts. There's a difference between having an educated opinion and following a herd.

Old
coolasprICE

Quote:
I don't think he's top 10 anymore.
Definitely not top 10.

He's declining fast.

Pens should grab him, they need a winger. He could score 40-50 with Crosby... but wtf do i know

coolasprICE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 11:05 PM
HALAKIT

Quote:
Well, you also have 22 posts. There's a difference between having an educated opinion and following a herd.
Just because you like to hear yourself talk, doesn't mean you are educated. I could pick holes in your use of the English language if you'd like to compare educations. My opinion is as important as your is, and yours means squat to the Habs organization. I don't kid myself though.

Old
05-15-2010, 11:08 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant#1 View Post
I agree with your assessemet but they'e hardly the 'core' of the team and trading them is certainly not 'blowing up the core of a team that made it to ECF' like you suggested earlier. Especially when you're trading them for an established elite player like Iginla.

I think that with the rebuild Gainey and Gauthier put together the message was WIN NOW/SOON, since they passed over an exceppent opportunity to rebuild. Might as well take it all the way now.
When I said blowing up our core I wasn't making reference to Price or Kostitsyn. I said that I consider them excellent complementary players that are essential to our team, on an ok/elite level because you cannot find better right now. We ARE all the way now, it's too late to add a player like Iginla next year unless we get rid of Gomez and change our whole system because Iggy is suited to something a la Toronto with aggressive forechecking. Also he is 32 now, and will be making tons of money until he retires based on reputation, do we really want this?

Quote:
Just because you like to hear yourself talk, doesn't mean you are educated. I could pick holes in your use of the English language if you'd like to compare educations. My opinion is as important as your is, and yours means squat to the Habs organization. I don't kid myself though.
Your opinion is based on the fact that you haven't heard no one talk about AK being an asset for 3 years? And you want to argue about spell checking to prove that your opinion is as good as mine? You didn't even notice sarcasm when ScottyG slapped you in the face with it, wow only 20 posts and already condescending.

Ok answer me this hotshot (lol).

Who would you replace AK and Price with, tell me now. It can't be Iginla because we don't want him and Calgary probably (and shouldn't) take it, and you have to trade them 1 for 1 so we don't lose any other pieces in the process.

Old
05-15-2010, 11:10 PM
Max Levine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
is the cap going up 6M next yr?
Yea... I was surprised to see so many wanting Iginla to come over to Montreal. That's $7M for the next 3 years. We're talking about reducing our salary cap to make room for Plek's salary. Instead of which, we'll add $7M more?

Maybe some here will call me insane but I'd take Pavel Datsyuk way before Iginla. I see Datsyuk as a real game-breaker. I am certainly not denying Iginla's talent but it is my impression that the guy's style of play has slowed him down.

I don't even know why I'm even mentioning Datsyuk. Maybe because I'd be willing to part with some of our best for him? At any rate, I'd rather keep Markov than trading him to make room for Iginla.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 11:12 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

I'd agree with the view that Iginla is probably past his prime at the moment (granted, not by much). He just looked beat by the end of the season with the Flames. At his current salary, I'm not convinced that Jarome is worth it at this time. I think he would bring something this team has not seen since... (?) but his best is past him IMO.

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 11:16 PM
HALAKIT

Quote:
You opinion is based on the fact that you haven't heard no one talk about AK being an asset for 3 years? And you want to argue about spell checking to prove that your opinion is as good as mine? You didn't even notice sarcasm when ScottyG slapped you in the face with it, wow only 20 posts and already condescending.
I believe you were the one who spoke down to me because I am new to HFBoards. What you failed to take into account is that, just because I am new to this site, doesn't mean I haven't been watching the Habs for 25 years. I've seen lots of talent come and go, and the level of talent that Akos has shown, and his inconsistency, tells me that he can go.
If a good deal comes in for Price, then he goes too. Chances are, they'll go together, so you can hop bandwagons over to whichever team that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
I'd agree with the view that Iginla is probably past his prime at the moment (granted, not by much). He just looked beat by the end of the season with the Flames. At his current salary, I'm not convinced that Jarome is worth it at this time. I think he would bring something this team has not seen since... (?) but his best is past him IMO.
Can't really blame the man for being exhausted when he's the only talent they have, and the Flames fans are some of the most brutally unforgiving in the league. He would've played his ass off to get that ungrateful team into the playoffs. The man is a machine. He's worth 3 Lapierres and a couple of AKos' thrown in. We'd be very lucky to have him, but he won't be coming. It's a pipe dream. Kind of like the old Lecavalier rumour.

Last edited by Darz: 05-16-2010 at 01:55 AM.
Old
05-15-2010, 11:22 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
I believe you were the one who spoke down to me because I am new to HFBoards. What you failed to take into account is that, just because I am new to this site, doesn't mean I haven't been watching the Habs for 25 years. I've seen lots of talent come and go, and the level of talent that Akos has shown, and his inconsistency, tells me that he can go.
If a good deal comes in for Price, then he goes too. Chances are, they'll go together, so you can hop bandwagons over to whichever team that is.
Wow you're something, trying so hard to attack the poster while you still haven't given me 1 good reason why Price and AK aren't an ok/elite supporting cast like I said, which you aparently think is wrong for me to say. Of course we COULD trade them, any player can be had for the right price, that doesn't mean it's in our best interest to do so. And not for Iginla.

And 25 years, really? I sincerely doubt that, I don't even think you are 25.

Quote:
Can't really blame the man for being exhausted when he's the only talent they have, and the Flames fans are some of the most brutally unforgiving in the league. He would've played his ass off to get that ungrateful team into the playoffs. The man is a machine. He's worth 3 Lapierres and a couple of AKos' thrown in. We'd be very lucky to have him, but he won't be coming. It's a pipe dream. Kind of like the old Lecavalier rumour.
3 Lapierres and 2 Kostitsyns? I don't think you know how this works.

Last edited by Darz: 05-16-2010 at 01:55 AM.
Old
05-15-2010, 11:25 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoopok View Post
Old and makes 7 mill. no shanks!
What has he ever won

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 11:33 PM
HALAKIT

Quote:
Your opinion is based on the fact that you haven't heard no one talk about AK being an asset for 3 years? And you want to argue about spell checking to prove that your opinion is as good as mine? You didn't even notice sarcasm when ScottyG slapped you in the face with it, wow only 20 posts and already condescending.

Ok answer me this hotshot (lol).

Who would you replace AK and Price with, tell me now. It can't be Iginla because we don't want him and Calgary probably (and shouldn't) take it, and you have to trade them 1 for 1 so we don't lose any other pieces in the process.
Actually smart guy, I DID notice it, but I chose to ignore it because it looked like baiting to me, and I wasn't in the mood for an argument. You on the other hand, attempted to insult my intelligence by condescending to me. That I will not ignore, especially from someone who can't string a proper sentence together to save his life.

Who are YOU to say that WE (being the Habs organization) don't want Iginla? There is probably no team that will trade one for one ANYONE for Kostitsyn. Kostitsyn would go in a package to make up for increased payroll to whomever we trade him for, along with Price. Price alone will garner nothing. A Kos. alone will garner less than nothing. Together, and including the younger Kostitsyn, and probably a 1st or 2nd round draft pick, we could pick up a top 20 forward to play with Plekanecs and Cammalleri.

Quote:
Wow you're something, trying so hard to attack the poster while you still haven't given me 1 good reason why Price and AK aren't an ok/elite supporting cast like I said, which you aparently think is wrong for me to say. Of course we COULD trade them, any player can be had for the right price, that doesn't mean it's in our best interest to do so. And not for Iginla.

And 25 years, really? I sincerely doubt that, I don't even think you are 25.
Are you for real? Price had a losing season after choking last post season. A Kostitsyn hasn't brought anything to the table for all of the skill be may possess. He was a waste of a first round pick, and has been a disappointment since his acquisition. He has the hockey sense of a doorknob. He may as well be Lyle Odelein on a wing.

Last edited by Darz: 05-16-2010 at 01:54 AM.
Old
05-15-2010, 11:39 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Are you for real? Price had a losing season after choking last post season. A Kostitsyn hasn't brought anything to the table for all of the skill be may possess. He was a waste of a first round pick, and has been a disappointment since his acquisition. He has the hockey sense of a doorknob. He may as well be Lyle Odelein on a wing.
You sound exactly like a troll, Kostistsyn and Price both bring something to the table you're just unwilling to see it. There you go again bashing everything, you're not worth it.

Price alone will garner nothing that's just gold

Old
05-15-2010, 11:39 PM
HALAKIT

Quote:
3 Lapierres and 2 Kostitsyns? I don't think you know how this works.
I don't think you fully understand English sayings. His performance in a season is as valuable as at least 3 Lapierres and 2 Kostitsyns. He is a super smart, defensive forward, with heart, speed, agility, strength, and he's not afraid to drop the gloves.

Old
05-15-2010, 11:40 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
I don't think you fully understand English sayings. His performance in a season is as valuable as at least 3 Lapierres and 2 Kostitsyns. He is a super smart, defensive forward, with heart, speed, agility, strength, and he's not afraid to drop the gloves.
Again, you don't know how this works, you can't take a predominant attribute in a player and make it his single purpose then add them up to trade for a better player that appears to be versatile. Iginla will not go for quantity vs quality unless he is dealt at the deadline for a team competing for the cup, and that should have been us this year but hindsight is 20/20, there is no need for him now.

Old
05-15-2010, 11:42 PM
2eazy*

Quote:

A
Im a big price fan, i agree with you price had a very good start of the season and a solid season overall but when was Price clutch in the nhl when it matters the most? he was good(not amazing ) in the bruins series 2 years back, but then was awful in the philly series, we actually totally outplayed philly that series but habs where totally out goalied.

i think Price has been VERY clutch all his career prior to his nhl dedut but hasent proven anything at the nhl level yet

2eazy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 11:44 PM
HALAKIT

Quote:
Again, you don't know how this works, you can't take a predominant attribute in a player and make it his single purpose then add them up to create a better player that appears to be versatile. Iginla will not go for quantity vs quality unless he is dealt at the deadline.
What are you smoking? If you don't realize that Iginla is one of the best players in the league, you have to be on something.
And if you think that Price is worth more than Iginla, you must be smoking something REALLY messed up.

Old
05-15-2010, 11:44 PM
2eazy*

Quote:

Price alone will garner nothing that's just gold

IT will be interesting to see if habs do decide to trade price what they can get for him, Goalies have never gotten great trade value in the past besides luongo

2eazy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 11:49 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
What are you smoking? If you don't realize that Iginla is one of the best players in the league, you have to be on something.
And if you think that Price is worth more than Iginla, you must be smoking something REALLY messed up.
Please tell me mr. english where I said that And define one of the best players in the league, he's not, actually, he finished #31st in points. PLEKANEC outscored him, and he's way down there in .pgg.

The concencus is that he is aging, and past his prime.