HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Iginla willing to waive NTC if it works for his family?

Old
05-15-2010, 11:59 PM
HALAKIT

vCash: 500
You and 2 other posters who don't watch Flames games? If you actually ever watched the effort that Iginla puts into one game...you'd see that he has more talent in one baby finger than Plekanec has in his whole body. What has Pleks done this post season? I would be willing to waiger that if Iggy was on the Habs, he'd have 10 goals already, and Cammalleri would have 16. That's the kind of player Iggy is. Past his prime ********. You have no idea what you're talking about.

HALAKIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2010, 12:00 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALAKIT View Post
You and 2 other posters who don't watch Flames games? If you actually ever watched the effort that Iginla puts into one game...you'd see that he has more talent in one baby finger than Plekanec has in his whole body. What has Pleks done this post season? I would be willing to waiger that if Iggy was on the Habs, he'd have 10 goals already, and Cammalleri would have 16. That's the kind of player Iggy is. Past his prime ********. You have no idea what you're talking about.
Agree to disagree.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2010, 12:03 AM
HALAKIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Agree to disagree.
So you admit that you have no idea what you're talking about....Good for you. Smartest thing you've said all night.

Old
05-16-2010, 12:08 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
So you admit that you have no idea what you're talking about....Good for you. Smartest thing you've said all night.
I feel liknda sorry for you atm.

Old
05-16-2010, 12:10 AM
HALAKIT

Quote:
I feel liknda sorry for you atm.
Yeah....that hurts.......waaaaaaaaaaaah........

Old
05-16-2010, 12:12 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Yeah....that hurts.......waaaaaaaaaaaah........

A few keys on my pad are broke due to gaming, last time I buy a microsoft intelli keyboard, but really you do look pathetic with all this whining about spell checking it's all you can do as far as a counter-argument is concerned.

Old
05-16-2010, 12:18 AM
HALAKIT

Quote:
A few keys on my pad are broke due to gaming, last time I buy a microsoft intelli keyboard, but really you do look pathetic with all this whining about spell checking it's all you can do as far as a counter-argument is concerned.
No sweetie, you're ignoring my counter-arguments because you don't want to face the facts. Andrei Kostitsyn isn't worth the paper his contract was drawn up on. Carey Price will never amount to a starting goalie while playing in Montreal. They will both be gone with the wind.

Old
05-16-2010, 12:20 AM
habsfantoronto
Ducks GM

I love watching arguments on here sometimes. I really find it amusing seeing the written tone that is taken when addressing someone who is newer on the boards. I usually come here to find news links and rumours about injuries or trades, but every so often there is this conversation witnessed that just cries "internet rhetoric" and I have to keep reading. The two of you bring joy to my heart.

And just to clarify...there is a world outside the walls of ethernet cable you wrap yourself in. If someone is new to a message board it doesn't mean he's 12 and just got a computer, it means that he could have just found this board you have taken ownership of. Doesn't make him a troll for sticking up for himself or his opinions either. We're all Habs fans here so why talk down to someone electronically? That would appear to me that you can't do that in real life and issue it here where it doesn't count.

For the record. Iginla isn't past his prime, he's in it. He would cost too much and probably doesn't want to come here. Kostitsyn may still have something to show us but I think it will come once his brother leaves town so try that first. Price has not proven that he is as good as Halak at the NHL level. If we sign Price, I say sign him for a year or 2 or trade him. To whom? I'm not sure.

Sincerely,

Moses

habsfantoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2010, 12:29 AM
HALAKIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfantoronto View Post
I love watching arguments on here sometimes. I really find it amusing seeing the written tone that is taken when addressing someone who is newer on the boards. I usually come here to find news links and rumours about injuries or trades, but every so often there is this conversation witnessed that just cries "internet rhetoric" and I have to keep reading. The two of you bring joy to my heart.

And just to clarify...there is a world outside the walls of ethernet cable you wrap yourself in. If someone is new to a message board it doesn't mean he's 12 and just got a computer, it means that he could have just found this board you have taken ownership of. Doesn't make him a troll for sticking up for himself or his opinions either. We're all Habs fans here so why talk down to someone electronically? That would appear to me that you can't do that in real life and issue it here where it doesn't count.

For the record. Iginla isn't past his prime, he's in it. He would cost too much and probably doesn't want to come here. Kostitsyn may still have something to show us but I think it will come once his brother leaves town so try that first. Price has not proven that he is as good as Halak at the NHL level. If we sign Price, I say sign him for a year or 2 or trade him. To whom? I'm not sure.

Sincerely,

Moses
And common sense prevails.......thank you Moses, for parting the seas.....

If fully separating the brothers can somehow trigger the inner champion in Andrei (I'm sure he was drafted 10th over-all for a reason), then I for one would trade Sergei ASAP and give Andrei 30 games to prove himself. If he doesn't come around, then trade his ass too.

By the way, I'm a she.

Old
05-16-2010, 12:41 AM
habtastic

I like our team now and as good as Iginla HAS been, I haven't seen a lot from him to warrant trying to get him and in the process overpaying. Would love to have him, but he will garner more than he's worth.

Quote:
Firstly, yes Iginla is an awesome player, but please do not belittle Tomas Plekanec this year. He's playing very good hockey in both ends. Cammy's success is not due only to himself. He has a great center (ftm even AK made some nice assists). Pleky is playing HIS role very well. Talent comes in different forms. It's not like everyone has to fit the mould of Iginla to be good.

What is your wager based on? Iginla did not have a good season and it wasn't people around him bringing him down. He individually had a disappointing one. Everyone does now and then. 16 goals by Cammy? Do we need 16 goals by Cammy? No. I think 13 is doing just fine leading the league in scoring goals. So, he could be a huge asset to the Habs if he were with us (particularly vs. Philly) and if we didn't change that much of our top 6, even bottom 6 and didn't cripple our defense. As it is I think we'll be trying to load up on Ds for the future, not send them away in trades.

Anyway, just saying, Pleky is playing great, no need to disparage him. Iginla is AFAIK not playing in the playoffs and as great as he and Crosby, Malkin, Backstrom, Ovechkin, Datsyuk, Sedin(s), Duchene, etc. are, Pleky is still here...meaning the team he is on currently is showing that perhaps it's ok without Iginla. (obviously if you could just swap in Iginla without giving anybody up, it's a no-brainer, but you can't).

Last edited by Darz: 05-16-2010 at 01:53 AM.
habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2010, 12:55 AM
E = CH²

As much as I'd like Iginla with the habs, I don't see how this is possible without sacrificing something of value, making it a lateral move.

No way I'd trade Subban for him that's for sure. Subban is part of the solution to possible cap problems of re-signing both Halak and Plekanec.

The only way we could land Iginla AND fit him under the cap while keeping Halak+Plekanec would be by trading AK, Price + something. And we'd also have to get rid of Hamrlik + Spacek and replace them with Subban+Emelin or something really cheap. Then, we'd have to make sacrifices elsewhere as well probably.

I say mission impossible, or mission improbable at the very least.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2010, 01:01 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
As much as I'd like Iginla with the habs, I don't see how this is possible without sacrificing something of value, making it a lateral move.

No way I'd trade Subban for him that's for sure. Subban is part of the solution to possible cap problems of re-signing both Halak and Plekanec.

The only way we could land Iginla AND fit him under the cap while keeping Halak+Plekanec would be by trading AK, Price + something. And we'd also have to get rid of Hamrlik + Spacek and replace them with Subban+Emelin or something really cheap. Then, we'd have to make sacrifices elsewhere as well probably.

I say mission impossible, or mission improbable at the very least.
yup, agree, but given the way you finished, just had to:

expect...

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2010, 01:38 AM
habsfantoronto
Ducks GM

Quote:
And common sense prevails.......thank you Moses, for parting the seas.....

If fully separating the brothers can somehow trigger the inner champion in Andrei (I'm sure he was drafted 10th over-all for a reason), then I for one would trade Sergei ASAP and give Andrei 30 games to prove himself. If he doesn't come around, then trade his ass too.

By the way, I'm a she.
sorry for assuming.

habsfantoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2010, 01:43 AM
Miller Time

would love to see it happen...

but we don't have the cap space, nor the right assets to get a deal done with calgary...

but man oh man would iginla fit this team PERFECTLY!!!

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2010, 01:54 AM
Washington Capitals

Well, you don't know if you have to overpay. Sutter's a fool.

Washington Capitals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2010, 05:31 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

If Cal really want to rebuild, toss in Price for Iginala. And then Sutter would trade Kiprussof for a couple of young guys somewhere else.

Kimota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2010, 06:20 AM
GNick42

Ignila hype must be built around his chemistry with Cammalleri. They were great on a line together. I would make an offer...centered around Price. I could toss in our 1st pick and the Kostitsyns. Something like I would do.

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2010, 06:28 AM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
If the Flames trade Iggy and Habs get him.. I'd potentialy see this trade

Danny Kristo
1X 1'ST Rounder 1X 2n'd Rounder
Max Pacioretty
Benoit Pouliot

for

Iggy
Our cap space will blew up, can't sign both goalies and Pleckanec

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2010, 08:30 AM
Captain Gorges

Quote:
What has Pleks done this post season?
I was happy reading this intense forum war, up until i read this. This simple phrase has totally annihilated your whole argument that you are knowledgeable in what is important for winning hockey games. -(or should i say championships)

A guy with a contract negotiation coming up that is willing to prioritize really good defensive coverage, over amassing points in a loosing cause is gold my friend.

And that is coming from a guy that isn't even that much of a Plek fan.

Last edited by Captain Gorges: 05-16-2010 at 08:37 AM.
Captain Gorges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2010, 08:36 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

The Habs better be in on this.

I don't care how much money will be put in the top 6, you just can't pass up a chance to pick up a player like Iginla.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2010, 08:47 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouliot Ness View Post
I was happy reading this intense forum war, up until i read this. This simple phrase has totally annihilated your whole argument that you are knowledgeable in what is important for winning hockey games. -(or should i say championships)

A guy with a contract negotiation coming up that is willing to prioritize really good defensive coverage, over amassing points in a loosing cause is gold my friend.

And that is coming from a guy that isn't even that much of a Plek fan.
very well said...

i would be shocked if montreal's management had anything but an IMPROVED appreciation for what pleks brings to this team after his performance thus far in these playoffs.

completely bought in to the team's system, playing an incredibly important role in all phases of the game...
could his offensive output be a little better, sure, but given the way the team is playing (and winning), his production is perfectly adequate up to this point.

i don't think plekanec has done anything but increase his value, at least in the eyes of GM's that know what it takes to win.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2010, 09:31 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post

Unless we give Cammy or Gionta back, it's NOT a lateral move, we're talking about Jarome Iginla here.

Let's say the deal is Price and Andrei for Iginla.

That's 5.45 mil going the other way for Iginla's 7mil coming back. If you add that Hammer, Metropolit and Mara are gone, that's 8.75 mil down the drain witch more then covers Iggy's salary AND Pleckanek's/ Halak's raise imo.Remember that after those 2 there's no player in the team that is set up for a major raise, Markov will probably sign a long term contract with the same numbers and our core is signed for the next 4 years.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2010, 09:31 AM
Fire Brunet*

Package or they can select whatever they want

Kost bros
Hammer (maybe they want him back)
Spacek
Pacioretty
Weber
Price

2010 and 2011 first rounder (2011 will be near a 30th if Iggy is on the team so who cares lol)

deal!!

JE-RAU-ME
IN- GIN-LA

Id take Iggy anytimeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeee, some people are strange, they want Lecavalier but not Iginla?

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2010, 09:34 AM
Maxpac

Cammalleri/Pleckanek/Iginla
Pouliot/Gomez/Gionta
Moen/Moore/Lappierre
Pyatt/ depth player/ White

Markov/O'byrne
Spacek/Subban
Gill/Gorges

Holy Mama!!!!!!!!

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2010, 09:44 AM
Captain Gorges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosss View Post
Package or they can select whatever they want

Kost bros
Hammer (maybe they want him back)
Spacek
Pacioretty
Weber
Price

2010 and 2011 first rounder (2011 will be near a 30th if Iggy is on the team so who cares lol)

deal!!

JE-RAU-ME
IN- GIN-LA

Id take Iggy anytimeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeee, some people are strange, they want Lecavalier but not Iginla?

You like Iginla much ?

I would love Iginla, but i think the timing is not that great. We have current assets that need to be secured, and the cap is an issue for us at the moment. I am not too sure Gauthier will be tempted to do major risky moves to accommodate a trade. I would listen to what the asking price is, but i think we will have to try and find a way to win without Iginla

Captain Gorges is offline   Reply With Quote