HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Another one

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2005, 09:31 AM
Carbo N8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
I thought Kordic was the best pure fighter with Mtl. I don't recall him losing. I remember him tko'ing Wendel Clark and to his credit, stopped throwing punches when he realized Clark was pretty well out on his feet.
His fights with Jay Miller were pretty entertaining, it seemed he owned Miller the 1st 2 or 3 times they fought, then Miller seemed to figure out how to fight him & they had some dandies. I don't recall Kordic ever fighting Probert; I always thought that he had to fight Probie to properly be rated for his place among the heavy weights. He could fight though.

Old
03-08-2005, 10:33 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
I thought Kordic was the best pure fighter with Mtl. I don't recall him losing. I remember him tko'ing Wendel Clark and to his credit, stopped throwing punches when he realized Clark was pretty well out on his feet.
He shoulda kept on swinging. Phht, leaf lover.

Old
03-08-2005, 01:43 PM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo N8
I always saw Lupien as more of a wrestler than a good fighter. His best move was the takedown where he grabbed the opponents hockey pants (sounds obscene) & wrestled him to the ice. I thought Bouchard & Chartraw among others were better fighters from that era.
I don't remember much about Brubaker.
You're probably right. I don't renenber Lupien that much. Just the fact I related and another fight against whoever. My original post was maybe misleading. I wasn't stating that Lupien was one of the best, but just if someone remember him as nasty as I remembered him.

Old
03-08-2005, 02:17 PM
Carbo N8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69
You're probably right. I don't renenber Lupien that much. Just the fact I related and another fight against whoever. My original post was maybe misleading. I wasn't stating that Lupien was one of the best, but just if someone remember him as nasty as I remembered him.
Yeah, he was nasty enough.
It seems that the times I recall him fighting was against John Wensink or Terry O'Reilly of the Bruins & those guys weren't easy.

Closed Thread