HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

WORST Comrie Deals EVER

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2003, 07:08 PM
Oiler_Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
yep, Carter was nothing but a lazy floater until he was traded. Now all of a sudden he's a top line powerforward! Go figure. The amazing thing is that Edmonton has a knack of getting career years out of players - but while they're hear they are just over achievers, then when they move they are actually that good.... Heck, I remember hearing how losing Ulanov would hurt our team (although I REALLY liked him, he was one'a my favs...)
Ulanov did the unforgivable in Edmonton by largely being part of the reason they lost a close series against Dallas. I liked him too, but wasn't too upset to see him go

Old
09-29-2003, 07:11 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiler_Fan
Ulanov did the unforgivable in Edmonton by largely being part of the reason they lost a close series against Dallas. I liked him too, but wasn't too upset to see him go
I know, he didn't play good in the playoffs, but he was one of the main reasons the Oilers were in the playoffs! I mean the guy was all heart! Remember how he got cut and told Lowe to hurry with the stitches cause he just missed a shift..... I loved that guy (if we trade guys cause they have poor playoffs then Smyth would be outta here!) I'd like to see him get another chance with the Oilers...

Old
09-29-2003, 07:20 PM
Oiler_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
I know, he didn't play good in the playoffs, but he was one of the main reasons the Oilers were in the playoffs! I mean the guy was all heart! Remember how he got cut and told Lowe to hurry with the stitches cause he just missed a shift..... I loved that guy (if we trade guys cause they have poor playoffs then Smyth would be outta here!) I'd like to see him get another chance with the Oilers...
Smyth was playing with a shoulder injury. Although I hate the fact that he is always injured (and maybe the best reason to convert him to a center), I can forgive him

Old
09-29-2003, 07:24 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiler_Fan
Smyth was playing with a shoulder injury. Although I hate the fact that he is always injured (and maybe the best reason to convert him to a center), I can forgive him
yes, true i suppose. That is right though - that would be another bonus of him being moved to center!

Old
09-29-2003, 08:17 PM
Seachd

Here are some more proposals from the Toronto board at Fanhome:

Brewer, Comrie for Antropov, Bell
Hemsky, Staios for Tucker, Green, 2nd
Brewer, Comrie for Antropov, Berg, 2nd

and

Brewer for Tucker, Colaiacovo

to which one poster said that was overpaying and Tucker should be enough to get Brewer.

Old
09-29-2003, 08:37 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
Here are some more proposals from the Toronto board at Fanhome:

Brewer, Comrie for Antropov, Bell
Hemsky, Staios for Tucker, Green, 2nd
Brewer, Comrie for Antropov, Berg, 2nd

and

Brewer for Tucker, Colaiacovo

to which one poster said that was overpaying and Tucker should be enough to get Brewer.
And from another team's fans' perspective:

http://www.sj-sharks.com/sharks2002/...1064603567.htm

Names like Ricci, Sturm, even Stuart are bandied about. Zetterberg is also mentioned.

Old
09-29-2003, 09:06 PM
Cerebral

Nice to see a few Western Conference fans actually give Comrie some respect.. a few posters there actually stopped and realized that a trade centered on picks and prospects wasn't likely to make number 89 a Shark! Sturm/Stuart would look awfully nice as Oilers however..

Old
09-29-2003, 09:16 PM
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@T
Makes no wonder you dingbat Oiler fans get no respect,first of all..please point us all in the direction of the thread where i "believe Savard is better then Comrie" it's a challenge to you,you can't win that one,as a matter of fact i said i would rather Comrie over Savard.

As far as "troll" goes,your wonderfull hitler like leader brought it up on Oilfans and the nitwit followers over their like to use it...too bad they can't think for themself's!

As far as the trade idea...this stems from 2 thoughts.
1) Comrie's value will lower as the holdout gets longer.
2) Brewer is very much overrated IMO...but a troll like me wouldn't know.
if your not an oilers fan, dont post here. nobody's asking you to(or wants you to for taht matter)
but if you do want a reaction, you will get one.

Old
09-29-2003, 09:39 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
remeber People Brewer only 22 in 2002 and he beat older guys like redden and Morris

Closed Thread