HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > HFNHL Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HFNHL Talk HFNHL is a full-simulation fantasy league that uses the FHL simulator to determine the outcome of games over a full 82-game season.

So you want to be a contender?

Old
05-10-2010, 02:05 PM
The old geezer

vCash: 500
So you want to be a contender?

Given the HFNHL Red Wings stated intent to retool, Niclas Lidstrom today informed HFNHL Red Wings management he would consider a trade if it was to a team that could demonstrate it is a viable play-off threat next season. If that is unsuccessful he will entertain offers from the Wings to return, assuming he does not decide to retire instead.

Given Wings management wishes to help faciliate this all reasonable* offers will be listened to and it's possible it may not even be to the highest bidder that he goes to. The Wings will accept conditional offers on his not retiring before the cut-off (Oct 1st?) but will not accept conditional offers on him signing with them since by that point the Wings would have foregone their own opportunity to resign him.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The offer window will only be for one week before the Wings start contract negotiations with Lidstrom themselves.

In related news the Wings will listen to all offers for the UFA rights to Brian Rolston and will accept conditional terms on him signing with them.

*My definition of reasonable: At this point, barring a bidding war, I'm hardly expecting top 10 draft picks or prospects but on the flip side I expect more than a long shot prospect, fringe NHL'er, or a 5th to 7th rounder.

The old geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Hossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFNHL Red Wings GM View Post
I expect more than a long shot prospect, fringe NHL'er, or a 5th to 7th rounder.
What about a long shot prospect, fringe NHL'er, AND a 5th to 7th rounder. Quantity equals quality, just ask Darryl Sutter.

Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 10:00 AM
The old geezer

I hope the Swingstein's are noting this ... as of today the Wings have not received a single inquiry about Lidstrom.

Lidstrom is clearly disappointed that not a single GM had even enough interest to pick up the phone. Clearly his home is in Detroit.

Old
05-17-2010, 10:03 AM
Dr.Sens(e)

Sheesh, teams aren't even allowed to make a trade yet and you're already negotiating in public with the Swingsteins based on a lack of inquiries.

Truly bad form. I smell a lengthy and ugly summer-long hold out.

Dr.Sens(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 11:41 AM
The old geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e) View Post
I smell a lengthy and ugly summer-long hold out.
... and this is new how?

As for trades not technically being allowed yet ... we all know the handshake deals are already happening. We'll just deny it was agreed upon before the lifting of the freeze.

Old
05-17-2010, 12:38 PM
Fooladelfia

Send a message via MSN to Fooladelfia
Handshake between gentlemen's are allowed and agreements are respected usually.....

Fooladelfia is offline   Reply With Quote